• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.22 LR full auto?

Not looking for "Why would you want something like that" responses. I have several VERY good reasons why this would fit the bill for me at this time.

Looking for an American 180 or one of the other full auto .22 rim-fires. Would like some thing magazines are available for, and something that has a least an okay to good reputation for running well.

Your constructive thoughts and comments are welcome.

I have a friend with a colt M16 and a ceiner kit. He said he needed to upgrade the bolt, something about counterweight, and the thing runs like a champ. The one time we took it out we ran about 2k rounds of .22 before we started to have feeding issues. Fun toy, I would want it in SBR though.

If you want a 180 get a 180... There are also plenty of other dedicated FA .22's out there, from Norrel 10/22 packs to Tipman mini 1919's (with everything between). Your question is really to "open" to give you a real answer...

Personally I would go with an regular M16, way more you can do with it out side of .22's, but also many .22 options, from the obvious "ciener type" traditional conversions, to the lakeside beltfed .22 upper, to I believe Tactical Innovations is/was/might be making a 180 style upper for it...

If not a 16, then both the uzi & M11 have 22 conversions out there...

I have a .22 kit for my M16 and an american 180. Both run fine if they are clean and they like the ammo. Ammo is cheap and they are a ball to shoot but they are expensive to buy and fussy about what they like. They can also be a pain to load. The 177 round drum for the 180 takes 15 minutes to load and 7 seconds to empty. Do you have a machinegun license? If so, you're welcome to shoot my 180 but you're loading the magazines.

I witness one of the belt fed .22lr uppers on a registered m16 lower. very cool, and not a ton of money.

I hate this forum and the fact my cheif wont give me a MG license

Back
Top Bottom