22 LR Blazer

What are people's experience with Blazer 22 LR? I found bricks of this this weekend for $25, but have no experience with it. I bought a brick, figured worst case is plinking ammo with FTF's. They (Hoffman's) also had some Remington Target for $40/500. Ut I just don't trust Rem rim fire ammo.

Blazer .22 LR is underpowered but it will work fine in most clean semis. If its a gun that requires more punt it may not be the best choice, though.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

The Blazer is CCI, just in a different box. It's good stuff.

Yeah, but it's still nothing like CCI SV, Mini Mags, etc. Doesn't have the same amount of juice. For $25 you bet your ass I'd still buy it, though!

-Mike

Yeah, but it's still nothing like CCI SV, Mini Mags, etc. Doesn't have the same amount of juice. For $25 you bet your ass I'd still buy it, though!

-Mike

Well yeah, duh. [laugh]

I just meant it's worth it for the short money. As long as it's not Thundergarbage, BUY IT!

I have had so much trouble with THUNDERBOLT that I would not use it even if it was FREE

You have any you are giving away? It works great in my ruger single 10! A bit more carbon build up than with federal or Winchester white box or cci but no leading that some guys are complaining about.

- - - Updated - - -

I saw some thunderbolt at dicks but passed because I heard it sucks. I have never used it myself, its really that bad?

In a revolver I'd say you would be good to go.......see my last post.....ruger single 10....no leading just a little extra carbon to clean up when I get home....and cheap

- - - Updated - - -

In a revolver I'd say you would be good to go.......see my last post.....ruger single 10....no leading just a little extra carbon to clean up when I get home....and cheap[/QUOTE]

No .22 revolver, I have a sr22 that I got a couple months ago, so far all ive used in it is cci

I saw some thunderbolt at dicks but passed because I heard it sucks. I have never used it myself, its really that bad?

Yes, I gave away about 300 rounds in 2012, and used the rest of a brick for pistol classes, where FTF is a good training tool. I got about 1 in 10 FTF in a variety of guns (Ruger MK II, 10/22, SW 617, 22 conversion for my AR....).

I actually haven't seen Thunderbolt anymore. Either it's not around, or people are actually buying it because of the .22 shortage. [laugh]

I've used it in my Mark III and with CMMG AR conversion kit. I've never had any problems with it.

And I paid more than $25 a brick back when it was plentiful. Nice find.

I found the blazer was good but seemed just a little bit on the side of larger diameter case than other rounds, for some reason it always had some tight fit going into a Henry youth bolt action we had. But it worked it all our semi autos and pump rifles.

Shot some thunderbolt through my sr22 over the weekend not a single issue! I'll be picking up almost any 22lr I find!

I found the blazer was good but seemed just a little bit on the side of larger diameter case than other rounds, for some reason it always had some tight fit going into a Henry youth bolt action we had. But it worked it all our semi autos and pump rifles.

Bolt guns are normally built with tighter chamber tolerances than other action types.
This is one reason why bolt actions are always the best for accuracy.

I have had great luck with Blazers in my Marvel 1911 conversion. It is also the best functioning ammo in my CMMG 22 upper. I love the stuff.

Thunderbolt sucks. The lot that I bought was blowing cases and spraying my face with powder gas from the Marvel conversion. I called Remington with my problems and they offered to check the ammo out and replace it should it prove to be defective. I was so low on 22 LR that I decided to keep it, rather than wait for Remington's verdict, but I do appreciate their offer. What's a little powder gas in the face every once in a while?

Back
Top Bottom