.22 competition???

The only organized shoots I’ve ever done was steel challenge, it was 5 minutes of shooting, and an hour of standing around...gave me a bad taste for anything “organized”

The problem with a lot of “competitions” is drawing enough people to the club to get it going.
I have been tossing out ideas to shooters I know put a lot of 22 down range.
Although the minute the word “match,compete,organized shoot” comes out they don’t want to do it.
I have been trying to feel people out for a mini F class / Palma and know your limits type of 22 shoots.
I was talking to the gent who used to run 22 silhouette.....said as the old timers dropped off no new shooters where not coming in and heard “its to hard” to many times and it slowly died

Here’s a few photos from the last Rimfire Precision Match at Reading. It was brutally hot, but we still had fun.

Next match is planed for 8/9, I think.

Attachments

• 07B64AFD-8EDA-439F-98C8-034A17BF94B9.jpeg
    07B64AFD-8EDA-439F-98C8-034A17BF94B9.jpeg
    533.9 KB · Views: 40
  • B09096E1-CE4D-4F6B-ABBB-844FA7CB2F83.jpeg
    B09096E1-CE4D-4F6B-ABBB-844FA7CB2F83.jpeg
    425.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 807263E9-CBE6-49A1-A6A5-3A3DD1426C61.jpeg
    807263E9-CBE6-49A1-A6A5-3A3DD1426C61.jpeg
    511.3 KB · Views: 39
  • BC3F84F4-6582-462E-8A4F-02155DCF0111.jpeg
    BC3F84F4-6582-462E-8A4F-02155DCF0111.jpeg
    619 KB · Views: 38
  • 2EDC2C82-EC3C-4B2E-B7C1-195750A08D02.jpeg
    2EDC2C82-EC3C-4B2E-B7C1-195750A08D02.jpeg
    536.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 0970D253-DC51-40A9-81DD-4FB3D64E7D2F.jpeg
    0970D253-DC51-40A9-81DD-4FB3D64E7D2F.jpeg
    434.2 KB · Views: 38
Yikes! That’s a lot of glass for .22! Makes my little Simmons .22Mag 3-9X look like a babies toy. *gulp*

We were engaging targets out to 257yards. Some of those high-dollar rifles can be
accurate to 500yards.

.22 Mag or .17HMR really are not ideal for this type of competition. Subsonic, consistent .22LR is what you want.

We were engaging targets out to 257yards. Some of those high-dollar rifles can be
accurate to 500yards.

.22 Mag or .17HMR really are not ideal for this type of competition. Subsonic, consistent .22LR is what you want.

The Simmons scope is called “22 Mag” it’s a relatively low power scope That works fine out to 200 yds. What size are the targets past 200 yards?

The Simmons scope is called “22 Mag” it’s a relatively low power scope That works fine out to 200 yds. What size are the targets past 200 yards?
The targets we shot were about 6-8 inch beyond 200yds. Some of the targets at shorter range are .25”. Any quality optic with tactical turrets and a reticle with subtensions can be used. 9x is a little low though. The least I’d want is 18x

We’re the 200 yard stages optional? I only ask because I thought it was NRL22 based and they only stretch to 100. Don’t get me wrong either... I think going out past 200 is cool as hell!

We’re the 200 yard stages optional? I only ask because I thought it was NRL22 based and they only stretch to 100. Don’t get me wrong either... I think going out past 200 is cool as hell!

They weren’t optional, but no one would force you to shoot those stages.

There isn’t a huge demand for NRL22 affiliation right now. We are simply pirating their courses of fire and adding a few extra “outlaw“ stages of our own. If there is demand in the future, I’m sure we’ll do things by the book for the NRL
portion. Most every NRL22 affiliated match also runs outlaw stages that will count for the local match total, but wouldn’t affect NRL stage scores. I hope that answers your question.

They weren’t optional, but no one would force you to shoot those stages.

There isn’t a huge demand for NRL22 affiliation right now. We are simply pirating their courses of fire and adding a few extra “outlaw“ stages of our own. If there is demand in the future, I’m sure we’ll do things by the book for the NRL
portion. Most every NRL22 affiliated match also runs outlaw stages that will count for the local match total, but wouldn’t affect NRL stage scores. I hope that answers your question.
Sounds like a blast... can’t wait to give it a go. Bought a CZ specifically for your matches.

Finished up my precision .22.... where all the comps at?
Theres an 100 yd egg shoot at Holbrook tomorrow I think, I'll copy the e-mail here-

All,

The next Holbrook Egg Shoot is Saturday 9-26-2020 , start time will be 12:30, registration will start at 11:00, targets will be Blow Pop’s – Q-tips & Card cuts at 50 yards.

Shooting will be done from a seated bench position. The match will be shot on the 100 yard range, front rests are limited to bi-pods no wider than 10 inch stance, sandbags, blocks of wood, rolled up towels, etc. Rear rests are limited to bunny ear bags and riser blocks if needed . The use of bench-rest tri-pods, gun cradles and other mechanical rests will not allowed. This is so that all shooters including those new to the event will be competing on an even playing field.

If you have other rests you would like to try you can use them and will shoot in a shooters choice class for personal score only.

Only the shooters and the range officer will be allowed on the firing line. There will be sport and match class, If you are unsure what class rifle you have we help you .

All range rules will be enforced, eye protection and hearing protection must be worn at all times while on the firing line there will be no exceptions. Match director has the final say in any conflict resolution.

All the current Covid-19 protocols set by the state and the town of Holbrook will be enforce, face masks are mandatory and must be worn at all times unless you are shooting. 6 foot distancing will be enforced, we will be limited to 6 shooters per line. If you come without a mask you will be asked to leave. Please respect the health of others.

This is a .22 LR Rimfire only event Start time is 12:30 cost is $10.00

If you plan to shoot the match tomorrow at Holbrook please send me an email so I can setup the squads ahead of time.

Mike
[email protected]

This looks like a lot of fun. I think it's time for me to get into the precision 22 game. I'm going to have to start looking for a setup.

Hey Guys,
I run the 22 matches at Reading, our next one is Sunday October 4th.

Address
62 Range Road
Reading, MA 01867
Match Fee: $25.00 Cash at the match

Registration/Zeroing/Data Collection: 8AM
Start Shooting: 9AM
10 Stages
Par time per stage: 2 Mins
We've got spinners, a moving target and targets from 25 yards out to 300. We have a blast.

Here is a video of the mover for reference.

View: https://www.facebook.com/ReadingRifle/videos/323469242194727

If you guys have any question feel free to ask.

Alex are these matches recurring? What is the typical round count, recommended rifle accuracy ? Does it matter if it's semi or bolt rifle?

Alex are these matches recurring? What is the typical round count, recommended rifle accuracy ? Does it matter if it's semi or bolt rifle?

Hello Andy;
1) The matches will be happening once a month all year.
2) Typical Round Count: ~110 will cover most matches
3) Accuracy: Being able to hit a 2inch target regularly will cover most of it.
4) Most are running bolt actions but feel free to run a semi-auto.

Hello Andy;
1) The matches will be happening once a month all year.
2) Typical Round Count: ~110 will cover most matches
3) Accuracy: Being able to hit a 2inch target @ 100 yards regularly will cover most of it. **EDIT**
4) Most are running bolt actions but feel free to run a semi-auto.

How is it that the every other weekend that I am at work is the same weekend that there is a match?! I really need to let this guy stretch it's legs.Grayboe2.jpg

Considering NRL 22 @ 100 yard maximum distance at my club. Anyone interested in this in Southeastern Massachusetts let me know. If I get enough interest I’ll pursue it with the club.

Oh definitely... what club are you from? Or at least anymore specific that south east MA? Are you going to follow NRL22 rules?

Back
Top Bottom