".22 Caliber Can't Kill a Dog..."

I mean, everyone knows that, right? That's what Judge Cristina Perez just said on Fox News. So it must be true.

I particularly loved the tone in her voice where she let us know that anyone who would even imagine that a .22 could kill a dog was a complete ignoramus.

Boy, do I feel dumb. Up until now I thought that even people could get killed with a .22. But since it can't even kill a dog, I feel totally safe. I'm going to let my 10 month old son have my .22 right now.

Boy do I feel dumb. All these years I actually fell for the story that Special Forces in Vietnam and beyond have used .22's for taking out sentries and guard dogs ( see obvious lie below from Wikipedia)

"Intelligence agencies and military special forces have used suppressed .22 LR pistols for assassinations and for eliminating guard dogs or sentries.[citation needed] Some examples include the use of suppressed High Standard HDM pistols by the American OSS, which was the predecessor organization of the CIA.[citation needed] Francis Gary Powers was issued a suppressed High Standard for the flight in which he was shot down. Suppressed Ruger MK II pistols are in current use by the US Navy SEALs." [wink]

Maybe she'd like to take a hit from one then, for scientific research purposes of course. If it can't kill a dog its sure to only scratch her.

I have a small pond in my back yard that will serve the same purpose, please let me do it for you. Your welcome

Vinnie Antonelli: Richie loved to use .22s because the bullets are small and they don't come out the other end like a .45; see, a .45 will blow a barn door out the back of your head and there's a lot of dry cleaning involved, but a .22 will just rattle around like Pac-Man until you're dead.

If someone means, "can a .22 "STOP" a dog that is running toward attacking you?", my answer would be "maybe not in time to prevent my own injury". Some dogs have taken a lot of killing. A good head or central nervous system hit would do it, but how many people can make that shot in the blink of an eye that a dog can attack? Not many.

In what context was this eriudite remark made? Why was she even considering the issue?

I'm assuming she didn't follow it up with "I won't carry anything smaller than a .40... I can't believe you carry that POS .22!"

What show was she on and what topic was being discussed?

Her own show is not on Fox News, but rather the Fox Channel.
I was not watching the interview she was doing. It was on in the background at the hotel I'm at right now. Hearing ".22 caliber can't kill a dog" was enough to get my attention. Sadly the interview ended shortly thereafter.

It wasn't on her tv show, but an interview.

Back
Top Bottom