• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.22 AR conversion

I have a Stag AR & would like to but the .22 carrier & magazines. Should I buy the Stag product or one of the other manufacturers products? I don't care who makes it as long as it does what it's supposed to when it's supposed to.

Thx.....

My CMMG .22 conversion works excellent. While I have had FTFs, I am more apt to blame the ammo then the conversion. It nice to be able to shoot without breaking the bank. Although nowadays, .22LR is tough to find and can be expensive when you do. Good luck!

I have a Stag AR & would like to but the .22 carrier & magazines. Should I buy the Stag product or one of the other manufacturers products? I don't care who makes it as long as it does what it's supposed to when it's supposed to.

Thx.....

The BEST kit you can get is the CMMG stainless hands down. If you decide to go dedicated upper you can use the same kit just buy the barrel adapter and remove the barrel insert. I got countless thousands of rounds through mine and it sill cleans up with a light wipe of BFclp..

Maine M16 with 22lr upper and YHM Mite suppressor HD "Upper built by redtazdog" - YouTube

Thx.....

Or for the money am I better off getting an M&P 15-22 chambered appropriately?

Or for the money am I better off getting an M&P 15-22 chambered appropriately?

I also have the 15/22 and really like it. The only downside is there stupid proprietary non standard mags. I have a pile of black dogs I can use in the ar's and the sig 522 but NOT the 15/22!!

I would go with a dedicated upper. You will save a bundle so the extra cost is no big deal. My favorite is the CMMG unit. I had a lot of spare parts on hand so I just bought the barrel and bolt and assembled the upper. 22 rimfire is harder to ignite than centerfire 223 so make sure you use a stock hammer spring, not a reduced power part.

I am absolutely completely satisfied with my Tactical Solutions dedicated upper. Necco wafers at 100 yards is a heck of a lot of fun.

One of the problems I have with the adapters is that the AR barrel isn't rifled properly and the contamination of the gas port can cause trouble.

I've had the stainless CMMG kit for about 6 months now, no problems whatsoever in my M&P Sport, although a dedicated upper is a whole other league. Definitely go for that if you have the $$

I just bought a .22LR conversion kit from Stag arms. Ordered it Monday and got it on Wednesday.

I am pretty sure it is a rebranded CMMG stainless kit. The forward assist adapter thingy says CMMG right on it.

I took it to the range tonight and put about 150 rounds through it as fast as I could reload two magazines. Not a single failure, which is more than I can say for any of my other .22's.

My 16 year old shot about 4 mags through it and decided she hates it. Not enough noise. I let her shoot a magazine of 5.56 after we were done, which put a big smile back on her face.

So far, I am really happy with this thing.

Back
Top Bottom