I suspect the problem today is that everyone wants to live through the revolution and see that everything turns out OK and no one wants to die at the beginning or partway through.

Thank you, always a great post. Many have put this forth so we do not forget what, where and how the revolutionary war was started. It may be a dupe, but it is always a welcome reminder!! We are well past what are founders would have done, we have no stones as a cumulative societal force. For a single man to go out and try something, he's a dead wacko, for a few to try something, they are homegrown terrorists, it will take a hundred or more to get the ball rolling for not that many are nuts or terrorists.

Glad I wasn't there (were the shitheels confiscating coolers and firecrackers as well?

I'll bet they were... I'll bet they were).

Too ****ing hot out to deal with that kind of shit anyways.

We can always refer to HKDRUMMERS RANT, Which was spot on and I wish wasn't removed by him. Mods, you guys did great in squashing as the turbulence was increasing, but nevertheless, the truth was spoken and it was good to hear, just wonder what it would have been under Yuengling influence. Thanks Mike, good job as always!!!

Article: "Seventy-two killed resisting gun confiscation in Boston!"

We can always refer to HKDRUMMERS RANT, Which was spot on and I wish wasn't removed by him. Mods, you guys did great in squashing as the turbulence was increasing, but nevertheless, the truth was spoken and it was good to hear, just wonder what it would have been under Yuengling influence. Thanks Mike, good job as always!!!

Yep. That rant was awesome. I saw it after it was locked. Repped him to death.

Interesting how different it sounds when you use names of the current governor and a national guard colonel.

Boston – National Guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed by elements of a Para-military extremist faction. Military and law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.

Speaking after the clash, Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement.
Patrick blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices. The governor, who described the group’s organizers as “criminals,” issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government’s efforts to secure law and order.

The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons.
Patrick issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week. This decision followed a meeting in early this month between government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of illegal arms.

One government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that “none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned over their weapons voluntarily.”
Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition. However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off regarding the government’s plans.

During a tense standoff in the Lexington town park, National Guard Colonel Christopher Hamilton, commander of the government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the right-wing extremists.
Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange.

Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the guard units. Colonel Hamilton, finding his forces over matched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.

Governor Patrick has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order. The governor also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops.

Three men, who have been identified as “ringleaders” of the extremist faction, remain at large.

Did a search for "boston banned guns" on google and turned up this story. Thought it was so awesome that I had to see if it was posted on here. I like the "update" to it above ;)

People on here better watch this, and then come back to me to tell me how the troops will be on our side. It also shows that Patton was quite the dirtbag.

The Bonus Army believed that the government they had fought for in WWI would respond peacefully and with respect for their service, and so they went unarmed.

They sadly learned that our government, like all governments, responds harshly when its power is threatened. It's one of the reasons why government should be kept to the bare minimum of size and power. Also one of the reasons why I have George Washington's quote in my sig.

Bumping and quoting my original change above, only this time, "more killy."

Interesting how different it sounds when you use names of the current governor and a national guard colonel.

Boston – National Guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed by elements of a para-military extremist faction. Military and law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.

Speaking after the clash, Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing Tea Party movement.
Patrick blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against Massachusetts Department of Revenue offices and Federal IRS offices. The governor, who described the group’s organizers as “criminals,” issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government’s efforts to secure law and order.

The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons.
Patrick issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week. This decision followed a meeting early this month between government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of these illegal arms.

One government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that “none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned over their assault weapons voluntarily.”
Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed assault weapons and ammunition. However, troops attempting to seize assault weapons and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off regarding the government’s plans.

During a tense standoff in the Lexington town park, National Guard Colonel Christopher Hamilton, commander of the government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the right-wing Tea Party extremists.
Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange.

Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the Tea Party extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the guard units. Colonel Hamilton, finding his forces over matched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.

Governor Patrick has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order. The governor also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops.

Three men, who have been identified as “ringleaders” of the extremist Tea Party faction, remain at large.

Back
Top Bottom