21 killed, 18 injured in shooting at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

Tools for cops don't mean shit if you're a bunch of f***ing cowards who won't run into danger to save children.

When the hell did everyone start needing armor?

My Dad threw away his flak vest in Korea. The WWII guys were just told to duck.
Why do we all suddenly need all this crap? I remember guys wasting money on this garbage during desert storm, guess we still are.

Sure, it’d be nice if you’re a SWAT operator, going into a certain gunfight, but it’s not an absolute need.

The gun control activists are big about anniversaries of mass shootings but NYT had little to say about Uvalde in many words. At best, they confirm that government is not up to the job. Some improvements made in Uvalde schools security and a few new bits and bobs of hardware at the PD. The expected whining that few new laws have been passed further restricting guns.

What NYT totally misses, is the impact Uvalde has had on active shooter training and responses nationwide. The “first responders enter immediately” mentality has been refreshed. That said, the waves of “swatting” false alerts must wear thin on responders.

“Last July, Mr. McCraw, the state public safety director, said his agency would “provide proper training and guidelines for recognizing and overcoming poor command decisions at an active shooter scene.”

But several policing experts said that creating that kind of training presented a challenge because countermanding orders from an incident commander went against the very orientation of most police departments. And the state has yet to roll out new training based on last year’s directive.

In the meantime, the focus has been on increased safety precautions and better equipment. In Uvalde, local police now have additional ballistic shields and helmets, as well as new tools for breaching barricaded doors. At schools in Uvalde, school administrators have installed new eight-foot fences, sensors that would alert staff if a door did not lock properly and more security cameras to monitor activity outside all schools.”
It doesn't take long for the "enter immediately and engage" mindset to wear off over a few years, we were told that was the policy after Columbine and we've seen multiple times where it doesn't happen.

It's all smoke being blown up our collective asses to keep the boat from being rocked and the tax money going to bloated PD budgets.

Even if they had the best ballistic shield available, those coward cops still wouldn't have gone in that room, same with the Broward cops after Parkland if they had Lvl 4 plates and shields.

The bottom line is that when there's a mass shooting and seconds matter, the response of police is not a guarantee.

It doesn't take long for the "enter immediately and engage" mindset to wear off over a few years, we were told that was the policy after Columbine and we've seen multiple times where it doesn't happen.

It's all smoke being blown up our collective asses to keep the boat from being rocked and the tax money going to bloated PD budgets.

Even if they had the best ballistic shield available, those coward cops still wouldn't have gone in that room, same with the Broward cops after Parkland if they had Lvl 4 plates and shields.

The bottom line is that when there's a mass shooting and seconds matter, the response of police is not a guarantee.

One problem the normies have understanding is that a lot of police departments in this country are essentially tantamount to security theater just like the TSA at the airport.... they don't really exist to actually protect anybody but they are only there to protect the interests of the state.

Why do we all suddenly need all this crap? I remember guys wasting money on this garbage during desert storm, guess we still are.

Sure, it’d be nice if you’re a SWAT operator, going into a certain gunfight, but it’s not an absolute need.
Since police departments started treating their officers like they were SOF units.

My town has a population less than 15k. Every “patrol” unit is a blacked out SUV with dark tinted windows. Militarization of police.

Last edited:

We just literally cannot afford to have government protect us from ourselves. We’d all go poor from the tax burden and then government would have to save us with a "safety net". But they’d have no resources to help us, as we’d not be paying taxes. Cue Dark Ages 2.0.

”Utah has passed 11 gun-related bills since the shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, last year — more than any other state, according to a recent report by Axios.

The news site found that states have enacted 93 gun-related laws in the past year, 56% of which "expanded access to firearms or benefited the firearms industry by allowing manufacturing in the state or protecting them from liability lawsuits," according to data from the Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence,

Several Republican-controlled states — including Arkansas, Montana, North Dakota and West Virginia — enacted multiple "expansive" firearms laws, while liberal-leaning states like Colorado, Washington and Maryland approved several "restrictive" laws.

The Utah Legislature passed five expansive laws and six laws that restrict firearms or benefit potential victims during the last legislative session, although several of the restrictive laws are voluntary.”

”Utah has passed 11 gun-related bills since the shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, last year — more than any other state, according to a recent report by Axios.

The news site found that states have enacted 93 gun-related laws in the past year, 56% of which "expanded access to firearms or benefited the firearms industry by allowing manufacturing in the state or protecting them from liability lawsuits," according to data from the Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence,

Several Republican-controlled states — including Arkansas, Montana, North Dakota and West Virginia — enacted multiple "expansive" firearms laws, while liberal-leaning states like Colorado, Washington and Maryland approved several "restrictive" laws.

The Utah Legislature passed five expansive laws and six laws that restrict firearms or benefit potential victims during the last legislative session, although several of the restrictive laws are voluntary.”
I'll never understand the logic, murderers ignore the laws against murder, yet these pillow biting pussies think these murderers wont murder because they added a bunch of bullshit laws on firearms.

Its all so tiresome.

I'll never understand the logic, murderers ignore the laws against murder, yet these pillow biting pussies think these murderers wont murder because they added a bunch of bullshit laws on firearms.

Its all so tiresome.
Unless they’re using these shootings to pass laws with the ultimate goal of banning all guns.

people like to think they can buy courage or capabilities. it's as common in the tacticool world as it is with dentists riding $15,000 road bicycles

They know the laws are useless. This is just feel good posturing to appease the not too bright chumps who vote for these cynical A holes.

Its all so tiresome.

They know the laws are useless. This is just feel good posturing to appease the not too bright chumps who vote for these cynical A holes.

I don't know about that. Not so much in the last few years - because I've gotten really good at just avoiding any and all people who might annoy the shit out of me, but in the past I've had multiple conversations/arguments with people who REALLY thought that more laws were going to "solve the gun problem".

A number of years back Westford had a selectman or town councilman or whatever - who wanted to ban assault weapons - in town. It actually became a pretty huge thing, and both in person and on one of those local websites (don't even remember which one now). Here's the thing: there were a LOT people who thought that the ban was a really good idea. Talking with any of them for even one minute revealed that they really really hadn't thought their shit thru - AT ALL. As I remember it - the ban was going to include banning people driving thru town with weapons in their vehicle - even if they weren't stopping there or living there. Just on that single point alone I had a field day telling people they were phucking stupid. Route 495 goes right thru Westford - so what were the Westford police going to do - stop interstate truck traffic and search the trailers for all the guns coming down from Maine and New Hampshire gun manufacturers - and headed down South?

That point alone made it very easy to arrive at the point within any of these conversations about the subject -where I could legitimately tell the person they obviously hadn NOT thought this shit thru AT ALL - and if they kept at it I just started telling them they were phucking stupid.

I'm talking about the politicians, not the sheep whose jitters they are trying to calm.

I don't know about that. Not so much in the last few years - because I've gotten really good at just avoiding any and all people who might annoy the shit out of me, but in the past I've had multiple conversations/arguments with people who REALLY thought that more laws were going to "solve the gun problem".

A number of years back Westford had a selectman or town councilman or whatever - who wanted to ban assault weapons - in town. It actually became a pretty huge thing, and both in person and on one of those local websites (don't even remember which one now). Here's the thing: there were a LOT people who thought that the ban was a really good idea. Talking with any of them for even one minute revealed that they really really hadn't thought their shit thru - AT ALL. As I remember it - the ban was going to include banning people driving thru town with weapons in their vehicle - even if they weren't stopping there or living there. Just on that single point alone I had a field day telling people they were phucking stupid. Route 495 goes right thru Westford - so what were the Westford police going to do - stop interstate truck traffic and search the trailers for all the guns coming down from Maine and New Hampshire gun manufacturers - and headed down South?

That point alone made it very easy to arrive at the point within any of these conversations about the subject -where I could legitimately tell the person they obviously hadn NOT thought this shit thru AT ALL - and if they kept at it I just started telling them they were phucking stupid.

I completely disagree. Getting nostalgic about it and saying my Grandpa didn’t need it in Double U Double U II is silly. You better believe they would have wore armor if it existed back then. Same for Korea and Nam etc..
You don’t have to be a spaceship door gunner bearded ninja and have a plate carrier that has 30 lbs of useless shit on it. A simple slick carrier with armor that will defeat steel core intermediate rounds is fine.

You can get a carrier and armor for around 4-500 bucks. That’s not expensive at all considering it protects your vital organs.

My goal has been to get a shtf/minuteman carrier under 20 lbs. it’s tricky if you thing about the basics plus armor you will need in that scenario.

I completely disagree. Getting nostalgic about it and saying my Grandpa didn’t need it in Double U Double U II is silly. You better believe they would have wore armor if it existed back then. Same for Korea and Nam etc..
You don’t have to be a spaceship door gunner bearded ninja and have a plate carrier that has 30 lbs of useless shit on it. A simple slick carrier with armor that will defeat steel core intermediate rounds is fine.

You can get a carrier and armor for around 4-500 bucks. That’s not expensive at all considering it protects your vital organs.

My goal has been to get a shtf/minuteman carrier under 20 lbs. it’s tricky if you thing about the basics plus armor you will need in that scenario.
There are some really light weight rifle plates out there now.
These ones from Safariland are 3.2 pounds each. They are so light they actually float.
The down side of course is the price.

Last edited:

”The bill approved funding for schools to address gun violence by increasing mental health support for students, enhancing background checks and supporting the implementation of "red flag" laws to temporarily prevent access to weapons for people who could be a danger to themselves or others.

But while the BSCA is "already working in some ways," there are also "billions of dollars that are still left to be spent," McConaughey said. "Billions of dollars for school safety," Karl emphasized. "Great. That's awesome. And then you find out ... a year later and the money hasn't gone out yet. Most of it hasn't."

In fact, McConaughey said, Rep. Gonzales told him and his wife that some three months after the Uvalde shooting, only 12 schools in the area had applied for government funding but zero of them had been awarded the money.”

I’m sure Uvalde schools are struggling with budgets for teachers, aids, maintenance, supplies, etc. Money to upgrade facility security doesn’t help with any of the needs schools face day-to-day. It take a lot of effort to apply for funding/grants and government doesn’t turn on a dime to distribute $$$ - most newly created programs required 2-3yr before they really start working.

”Karl noted polling that shows broad support for further regulations, such as universal background checks and waiting periods for firearm purchases -- "yet none of those things have been done."

McConaughey said he believes that the majority public view on the issue is not being represented by politicians right now. "That math should add up. And right now, it doesn't," he said.”

Polls are manipulated by anti-gun media to enhance support for gun control. When it comes down to state ballot questions on new gun laws, they pass/fail by less than 5% rather than as expected based on the 85%+ who allegedly favor the new laws in polls.

Body armor has improved considerably since Desert Storm. The reason why we “suddenly need this crap” is because it is now effective enough and light enough to be worth wearing.

”The bill approved funding for schools to address gun violence by increasing mental health support for students, enhancing background checks and supporting the implementation of "red flag" laws to temporarily prevent access to weapons for people who could be a danger to themselves or others.

But while the BSCA is "already working in some ways," there are also "billions of dollars that are still left to be spent," McConaughey said. "Billions of dollars for school safety," Karl emphasized. "Great. That's awesome. And then you find out ... a year later and the money hasn't gone out yet. Most of it hasn't."

In fact, McConaughey said, Rep. Gonzales told him and his wife that some three months after the Uvalde shooting, only 12 schools in the area had applied for government funding but zero of them had been awarded the money.”

I’m sure Uvalde schools are struggling with budgets for teachers, aids, maintenance, supplies, etc. Money to upgrade facility security doesn’t help with any of the needs schools face day-to-day. It take a lot of effort to apply for funding/grants and government doesn’t turn on a dime to distribute $$$ - most newly created programs required 2-3yr before they really start working.

”Karl noted polling that shows broad support for further regulations, such as universal background checks and waiting periods for firearm purchases -- "yet none of those things have been done."

McConaughey said he believes that the majority public view on the issue is not being represented by politicians right now. "That math should add up. And right now, it doesn't," he said.”

Polls are manipulated by anti-gun media to enhance support for gun control. When it comes down to state ballot questions on new gun laws, they pass/fail by less than 5% rather than as expected based on the 85%+ who allegedly favor the new laws in polls.

A) IDGAF about *insert celebrity*'s view on anything political.

B) Our politicians are so spineless. Want to fix this problem? Fix the homelife.

C) If the "public" doesn't like how the 2A works then follow the amendment process and change the Constitution otherwise piss off.

D) Your schools can have all the bells and whistles, your police can have all the cool toys and the city can be flush with cash. Doesn't mean squat when cowards are stacked up in the hallways doing nothing while kids are being murdered by a psychopath.

They shouldn't be struggling for Teachers, that would be one of the first places I would go if I was a teacher. It's already been per-disastered. How many schools have had multiple school shootings?

Back
Top Bottom