• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

21 killed, 18 injured in shooting at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

DPS Director Steve McCraw says officers in Uvalde could have taken down gunman within 3 minutes had commander not hesitated​

Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw told a state Senate committee Tuesday that the law enforcement response to the Uvalde school shooting was an "abject failure" and police could have stopped the shooter at Robb Elementary School three minutes after arriving were it not for the indecisiveness of the on-scene commander, who placed the lives of officers before those of children.

McCraw said the inexplicable conduct by Uvalde school district police Chief Pete Arredondo was antithetical to two decades of police training since the Columbine High School massacre, which dictates that officers confront active shooters as quickly as possible.

“The officers had weapons; the children had none,” McCraw said. “The officers had body armor; the children had none. The officers had training; the subject had none. One hour, 14 minutes and 8 seconds. That’s how long children waited, and the teachers waited, in Room 111 to be rescued.”

The revelations detailed by McCraw completed a remarkable shift in the police response narrative state officials have given since the May 24 shooting. Twenty-seven days after Gov. Greg Abbott said the shooting “could have been worse” but for officers who showed “amazing courage by running toward gunfire,” his state police director described stunning police incompetence that bordered on cowardice.

Lol 5 minutes is intolerable nevermind an hour.

What a bunch of clowns. Of course this shit is so bad now its to the point of being /intentionally/ bad..... by design
The way the commander acted and the way the authorities are keeping information on the perp quiet along with the quick capitulation by the GoPe =
tenor.gif

Nope. Just needed to do a simple tactical turn of the handle, which no one tried. Seems they were "chust followink ordeerz" to wait outside.

Spend two minutes and watch all of that video of the DPS head testifying. It's brutal and hearbreaking.
This all comes down to training. Do the police academies teach recruits how to open an unlocked door or even how to check to see if a door is locked or not?

This is fundamental stuff.

This is just unbelievable what isn't happening though. A filthy POS criminal named george floyd dies and there are riots all over the country. Here, the police let a room full of kids die and the police station is still standing? That station should be torched with the cowards trapped inside and let them burn to death. If there ever was a right time to riot, it's now.

Officer husband of slain Uvalde teacher was detained, had gun taken away after trying to save wife

Texas Department of Public Safety Director Col. Steven McCraw revealed that the husband of slain elementary teacher Eva Mireles tried to save her but was barred from doing so. Texas DPS director said Eva Mireles told her husband she ‘had been shot and was dying’.

DPS Director Steve McCraw says officers in Uvalde could have taken down gunman within 3 minutes had commander not hesitated​

Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw told a state Senate committee Tuesday that the law enforcement response to the Uvalde school shooting was an "abject failure" and police could have stopped the shooter at Robb Elementary School three minutes after arriving were it not for the indecisiveness of the on-scene commander, who placed the lives of officers before those of children.

McCraw said the inexplicable conduct by Uvalde school district police Chief Pete Arredondo was antithetical to two decades of police training since the Columbine High School massacre, which dictates that officers confront active shooters as quickly as possible.

“The officers had weapons; the children had none,” McCraw said. “The officers had body armor; the children had none. The officers had training; the subject had none. One hour, 14 minutes and 8 seconds. That’s how long children waited, and the teachers waited, in Room 111 to be rescued.”

The revelations detailed by McCraw completed a remarkable shift in the police response narrative state officials have given since the May 24 shooting. Twenty-seven days after Gov. Greg Abbott said the shooting “could have been worse” but for officers who showed “amazing courage by running toward gunfire,” his state police director described stunning police incompetence that bordered on cowardice.
What I don't get, not being there, is how could the commander pull them back if he didn't have a radio and wasn't on scene?

The procedure is 'go. go now, straight to the threat and end it'. Something doesn't add up.

Well
It perplexes me that people are surprised of these “officers” having the ability to respond to anything successfully. I was walking my dog near a local trail and tucked between trees was my local cruiser with the what seemed to be a teenager blonde straight out of the academy doing makeup and putting her lipstick on. I looked at her, rolled my eyes, she smiled and waved and I moved on.
Well...was she hot?

Officer husband of slain Uvalde teacher was detained, had gun taken away after trying to save wife

Texas Department of Public Safety Director Col. Steven McCraw revealed that the husband of slain elementary teacher Eva Mireles tried to save her but was barred from doing so. Texas DPS director said Eva Mireles told her husband she ‘had been shot and was dying’.

Just unbelievable. These people can't get away with this.

A conspiracy theorist might say that the police were actually there to ensure a mass shooting occurred, not the opposite. And based on the facts as we know them, that would be strongly supported.
I would normally assert that Hanlon's and Occam's Razors have significant applicability to these situations, but the more that comes out, the simpler and easier such an explanation becomes.

Notice that no one has been fired. They're going to hold off until the collective POS department resigns en masse in order to preserve their pensions.

I'm hoping they're making sure they get their ducks in a row, Union-wise, before canning anyone. If not, they'll just be entitled to back pay later and we'll all be even more pissed.

A conspiracy theorist might say that the police were actually there to ensure a mass shooting occurred, not the opposite. And based on the facts as we know them, that would be strongly supported.
Don't push cowardice as malice. That's the problem with conspiracy theory advocates, just like BLM could have made a very strong statement and chose the wrong people to hold up, conspiracy theorists try and make everything a conspiracy when bad things just happen.

Don't push cowardice as malice. That's the problem with conspiracy theory advocates, just like BLM could have made a very strong statement and chose the wrong people to hold up, conspiracy theorists try and make everything a conspiracy when bad things just happen.

Normally im the first to say "dont ascribe to malice what can be explained by stupidity" but this bowl of shit is beyond the pale. Nobody paid attention when that guy cucked out at parkland? wtf?

Back
Top Bottom