• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

21 killed, 18 injured in shooting at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

Oh JPK, you silly backwater peasant.

If you look back at what I was referring to, I was talking about someone taking a vehicle and ramming it through a crowd of people.
Oh. So the fact that more people dying in motor vehicles each year despite there being more guns stands in the way of your lies? I get it now. It’s all about intent and not saving lives. Thank you for the clarification

Well, doesn't really matter what you say.

In a few months, new legislation will pass, and we'll have a decline in gun homicides, which is what we all want.
LOL. More gun laws may pass, adding further useless pieces of paper to the 25,000 pages of useless paper (by your own admission) that will not stop one single crime or save one life but will only disarm those that would stop crimes and defend life. Again, there was no decrease in violent crime during the AWB, but homicides went down nationwide after it was sunsetted in ‘04.

The thing that shot out those little metal things that tore through the organs and ended the lives of those kids and teachers....that's the thing that ultimately killed them. That was the tool that was used. Both the person AND THE GUNS are responsible.
You realize inanimate objects lack agency and therefore are incapably of culpability right?

You wanna talk about echo chamber? NES is full of the same exact arguments, then when anyone you don't agree with says anything, you label them a troll and ban them lmao

I don’t want you banned. I want you to know we think you are a despicable and hypocritical human being.

You’ve never posted on NES before and now you’re attempting to use the murder of a bunch of children to grandstand. It doesn’t play and makes you look like a scumbag.

Last edited:
From a pragmatic standpoint, banning any type of guns that people already have will as a matter of fact INCREASE violence involving guns as it literally requires people with guns to commit violence against other people with guns. You have got to be a total ducking moron to think that’s a good idea based on that alone, on top of all the other reasons that’s it’s a terrible idea anyway.

So I don’t know if these people are idiots, willfully ignorant, or just murderous hypocritical scumbags.

Not for nothing, but every time mental health spending is up for debate, the GOP votes against it. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the gov't spending any of our tax money, but I'd rather we use it to help our own people than sending foreign aid all over the f***ing globe.

Abbott blames the shooting (appropriately) on mental health, but TX cut $211mm from the dept that overseas mental health. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Not that the Donks are any better. They don't give a shit about mental health either, it's way easier to blame guns.
It was the Dems who shut down all the mental hospitals .

After waiting around for 30 mins or an hour when protocol dictates they nove ASAP.

These people are not hereos, they're as bad as Ramos, they stood by and looks like used a child as bait to get their job done and go home safe.
I mean, it's good and all. But you obviously don't know about Ramos either.

Again, they went through a door you didn't, one of them has the scar to prove it now.

From a pragmatic standpoint, banning any type of guns that people already have will as a matter of fact INCREASE violence involving guns as it literally requires people with guns to commit violence against other people with guns. You have got to be a total ducking moron to think that’s a good idea based on that alone, on top of all the other reasons that’s it’s a terrible idea anyway.

So I don’t know if these people are idiots, willfully ignorant, or just murderous hypocritical scumbags.
Most are indoctrinated sheeple, programmed by a lifetime of TV, movies and media teaching them what to think and the failure of an education system to teach critical thinking

Again, they went through a door you didn't, one of them has the scar to prove it now.
They went in after an hour, after multiple calls to 911 by children, after doing training a few months ago.

They deserve a jail cell, not praise.

Most of us aren't comparing what they did to what one of us would do.

We're comparing what they did to what they should have done. Given every school-shooting manual and SOP in existence.

Last edited:
They went in after an hour, after multiple calls to 911 by children, after doing training a few months ago.

They deserve a jail cell, not praise.
So, the guys who ended up doing the right thing deserve to be in a jail cell. Let me just make sure I get this all straight. The guys who went against orders, had no business officially even being there, deserve to be in jail.

The founding fathers intended well-trained civilian militia to be able to use firearms that could fire one wildly inaccurate round per minute in order to defend the country from foreign invasion, because that was the available tech at the time... I doubt they intended a single teenager to be able to mow down an entire classroom of children with a weapon that can fire several rounds per second.

the founding fathers wanted the citizens to have weapons parity with the government. That's how freedom is maintained. It is the ultimate check and balance. For when the President runs amok, the legislators get corrupted, and the court begins to make law rather than interpret law.

At the time, it was musket vs musket. Weapons parity. If the founding fathers were alive today, they would support the overthrow of the government because of what it has become. Xiden, Nancy, Chuck, Bitch, and Kevin would all be tarred and feathered, or worse.

I'm sure if the founding fathers could see the vast array of military hardware the .gov can bring to bear to crush dissent, they wouldn't have a problem with two houses in every neighborhood having machine guns, and one house having the means to stop an armored vehicle.

The children's lives, your life, my life. We can be snuffed out at any minute by a lunatic. I used to work at a hospital that took pride in advertising they were a soft target zone. That's the price of living in a free society.

Go have coffee with a Russian immigrant. Ask them what it's like living in a disarmed society. Ask them how easy it is living under a government with no constraints. Ask them why they came here.

Which came first in Australia? Gun control or their equivalent of FEMA camps for covid?

Why is Queen Trudeau doubling down on gun control? He learned from the truckers strike that people are tired of government overreach. If he's going to double down and push the Canadians to the point where they would shoot back, it's best they not be armed, right?

Most of us aren't comparing what they did to what one of us would do.

We're comparing what they did to what they should have done. Given every school-shooting manual and SOP in existence.
No, he's specifically calling out the people who actually went into the school. The guys who had no legal juris-my-diction to even be there. As others have said, CBP isn't peace officer status in Texas.

An hour later and 20 dead bodies short.

Not a single cop there was forced to be a cop. Every single one voluntarily chose to become a cop. It can be a dangerous job. It’s part of what they are paid for. If you are unwilling to do your job because it’s too dangerous or you are too scared, find another job. There isn’t a thing in the world stopping them.

You are right, eventually some went in and one nearly got killed doing so. And you know what? That’s what it takes. Sometimes it takes risking your own life to save others. Sometimes it takes extreme bravery and danger to do what needs to be done. And sometimes, people get killed. It sucks. But that’s the way it is. Anyone who can’t accept that then you should have never got into the job in the first place.

So, the guys who ended up doing the right thing deserve to be in a jail cell. Let me just make sure I get this all straight. The guys who went against orders, had no business officially even being there, deserve to be in jail.

When did I say they deserved to be in jail?

It's possible to think they did the right thing and also didn't do the right thing, simultaneously. This isn't black-and-white: it's a spectrum of failure. EVERY LEO on that scene failed those kids. Every one. Some failed them much worse than others (the spectrum), but they all failed, because at the end of the day kids died while it was within their power and their duty to stop it.

That's something they'll all have to live with, even the BPS guys who finally breached. Late.

ETA: to be clear: I disagree that the BPS guys on-scene "did the right thing." What they did was not as wrong as the other 15-odd LEOs in that hallway, but that doesn't mean it was "right." It was simply less wrong. If my kid had died because of it? Am I supposed to feel better that the BPS went in when it was too late to save her? No.

Even I get this briefing every year: "the police will come in immediately." Every teacher and every parent in the US is told that. Every year. It didn't happen here, so I don't think anyone deserves a pat on the back.

Last edited:
Every cop on the scene knew the orders were wrong, they're hiding behind procedures and "just following orders."

Following orders is not an excuse, but the police also have no duty to protect, so unfortunately they'll all be scott free and they all got home safe that night and that's all they care about.

That and the pension.

No, he's specifically calling out the people who actually went into the school. The guys who had no legal juris-my-diction to even be there. As others have said, CBP isn't peace officer status in Texas.
Our we-hate-all-cops contingent can't wrap their heads around the difference between BORTAC and the local cops. To them, a cop is a cop is a cop, so the loitering local cops and BORTAC guys who got there later and went in pretty much ASAP, all the same to them.

Last edited:
There's no 18yo getting a $4k credit limit card with a part time job. Either he used someone else's card or paid cash.

We have superb credit and our daughter had a great job out of high school and couldn't get a $1k card without securing it with cash up front.
Chase gave me a $15k limit for my first card at 21. No co-signer. 100% commission business.

Back
Top Bottom