• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

21 killed, 18 injured in shooting at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

You're welcome. But I think you're starting to try too hard, so only the geriatrics are engaging with you. Please step it up a bit
don't worry, in a little while they'll die of old age and I'll inheit the new wave bosa nova of metrowest NESers who want to purchase a Spikes Tactical with a little RMR attached to an ACOG

Well, if I'm going to shoot Grandma in the face, I'm probably not worried about stealing wither her or someone else's card. It would raise the question of how he got the card accepted at DD if his name wasn't on it, but if he and Grandma used the same address, he may have been able to slide past that.
Have you noticed how card payments work since about five years ago?

No signature. No ID (that was always the case). And now with NFC "tap" payments, anyone can use the card.

So now we know IC (Incident Commander) made decision to treat incident as barricaded suspect instead of school shooter, big mistake.
ICS is just another buzzword shit show. For the most part, it only exists at the local level because they get federal funding for ICS training, and some ambitious dweeb gets promoted for implementing it.

Under ICS, the first person on scene is the IC, then that title gets passed up some random chain of command until the mobile command center arrives, and the pretty boys in starched 5.11 khakis and custom embroidered matching polos get the coffeemaker going.

Almost every time, long before it even reaches that stage, the incident is resolved while the Special Ones are still putting on their boots. In 23 years, I never saw a case where the Operators solved an active crisis. They got pulled out and suited up while it was Joe Snuffy and the unit secretary getting the bad dudes in cuffs.

Border Patrol agents arrived far earlier than previously reported. CPB BORTAC SWAT team was investigating stash houses on the border to the west of Uvalde and agents not in the SWAT team also rushed to the school, according to a report from Texas Monthly. They arrived at Robb Elementary School around 12:15 pm.

According to multiple reports, the agents did not coordinate with the Uvalde Police Department due to their poor response. They acted on their own initiative after local police told them to wait. Around 12:50 pm, they breached the door and engaged the Uvalde school shooter.

View: https://twitter.com/keegan_hamilton/status/1529677203536916480

Many here like to say F California, let it burn. In reality the political situation there is much like Mass. Bulk of the geography is relatively conservative or at least right-leaning moderate, but the concentration of numbers in the libtard cities drives the politics.

We had access to a lot of open land back in the day, including the Los Padres Natl Forest which was one of my favorite playgrounds where we did whatever we wanted so long as it was not destructive to property or dangerous to others. Pretty big playground...

LPFW%20Map%20101106_OL.jpg

One of my favorite days shooting was with my brother when he was at Cal Poly. We dumped a lot of ammo at a spot in the natl forest that we liked. On the way back we stopped for refreshments at an old saloon (in Santa Margarita I think) and bought beers for some old ranchers who were regulars there. Imagine hanging out with two guys as entertaining as Skysoldier. Both were wearing western style gun belts with revolvers in holsters. One told a story of offering to pay the bartender / owner cost of repairs + $1000 bucks to shoot bottles on a high shelf over the back of the bar. He pointed out some holes and when I asked the bartender "He's bullshitting me, isn't he?", bartender said nope it really happened. One of their other interesting stories was about poaching abalone along the coast back in the day. They both had big rolls of cash- easily a few grand each.

One of their stories that probably was BS was the well worn tale of being pulled over for DUI while on horseback, with the retort to the cop "Officer, the horse isn't drunk!". They actually did ride there on horseback- beautiful animals. One was a Palomino and the other a muscular quarter horse.

Anyway, these parts of California do not support the ridiculous gun control measures and would not over-react to tragedies like we have now.
It's mostly people who have never stepped foot in CA talking shit about it because it's the cool thing to do. The politics are worse than MA, but not by a huge margin, and the state is absolutely gorgeous.

I love riding my motorcycle in Los Padres. I head up 23 to 126 through Santa Paula to 150 into Ojai, stop for a coffee or something, then rip up 33 over the Topas....on a hot summer day you get up to 6500 feet, see stunning views and it's nice and cool, then come down the other side and back up over Pine Mountain ridge/ Reyes Peak and into the plains of Ventucopa. The scenery and peaceful wilderness is absolutely stunning.

Not a state I think I can live in forever but I'm having a lot of fun while here.

I was discussing Texas law earlier with a friend who retired after decades as a Texas street cop, and ultimately as director of a TX statewide agency police academy.

@weekendracer probably also knows this subtlety of Texas law, and how it's applied. Or ignored.

Under the Texas Code of Criminal Procedures, a few federal agencies are granted Peace Officer status as "special investigators". Some are only granted Peace Officer status for felonies under Texas law, and that includes ICE agents.

The law hasn't been updated since ICE and CBP were split into sister agencies, each under DHS. CBP is not a component of ICE.

The relevant Texas statute is CCP 2.122.

That's a long way around to saying that, under Texas law, the Border Patrol agents who responded, whether the tac unit or the guy getting a haircut, had exactly the same legal status to enter the school with guns, as did any other random local parent.

1) Shouldn't be hard to keep school doors locked. This happens every day at business, buildings facilites that have alot more people using the doors on a daily basis. If teachers, janitors or the baseball coach seem to have a problem with propping doors open then they should be disciplined. We can afford it we just choose not to.

2) Where the the SRO? Is that basically a pre-retirement gig? I won't be shocked if it comes out he was at the coffee shop or napping in the parking lot.

3) Another example of someone with ZERO positive male role models in his life. His mom was a druggie and apparently grandma was an enabler. America needs to wake TF and start taking care of their families. Guy showed up to play ball with his friends all cut up in the face which was self inflicted. NOBODY he lived with noticed this or thought it worth reporting... kid should have been instituionalized.

4) Previously known to LE... shocker.

5) PD response... no shocker here either. They have no duty to protect you nor will they as has been demonstrated so often. You are the only one responsible for your loved one's safety. In my small south shore town with a dozen or so officers they all drive around in their completely blacked out cruisers, tinted windows, all the cool tactical gear and "patrol rifles" riding center console. But these guys needed to wait for the pro's to show up? Sounds to me like there is no need for all those toys because if kids getting slaughtered while you sit idly by in a hallway isn't go time wtf is?

My liberal Californicuck friends are calling for door to door, block by block, town by town gun confiscations. Everyone with an "illegal gun" gets it taken away by SWAT forces lol. "Enough is enough with the thoughts and prayers". Anyone else here welcome that plan in action? Would be some serious drama to look forward to.
You mention these "friends" all the time. Why in the world would you associate with people that stupid?

It's called the fatal funnel, breeching the door with a shooter in a corner of the room. We don't know if the shooting of the kids was finished....

Bullshit. The two classrooms were connected. Two f***ing doors plus huge outside windows. We don't know how many died while these useless cops were quivering and waiting for somebody else to do the hard work.

. map.jpg

Back
Top Bottom