2023 MA Gun Ban: House has engrossed H.4139, waiting on Senate

The goal is to end private firearm ownership, to that end there are never enough laws.
It's like theoretical physics - look for a "Theory of Everything". This is the only explanation that explains every gun law proposed, and the unwillingness to ever correct a bad gun law.

For example, the MA proposed expansion of no-gun zones.

Is it really safer to have people visiting town hall to unholster and unload the gun in their car (while carefully keeping such action out of sight); leave the gun in a locked case or trigger lock in the car [remember, unloaded and trigger lock or locked case], leave it where it risks being stolen; then reverse the process and reload/reholster the gun when returning to the car?

So I can watch them get spanked in court. I want them to go hardcore so SCOTUS is pissed.
SCOTUS is irrelevant in MA. Once these bills pass, it will be interesting to see who files the suits (GOA, FPC, NRA (LOL), Comm2A, etc), and what SCOTUS will look like.
I have zero confidence the courts will make any difference to the MA commie politicians.

It's like theoretical physics - look for a "Theory of Everything". This is the only explanation that explains every gun law proposed, and the unwillingness to ever correct a bad gun law.

For example, the MA proposed expansion of no-gun zones.

Is it really safer to have people visiting town hall to unholster and unload the gun in their car (while carefully keeping such action out of sight); leave the gun in a locked case or trigger lock in the car [remember, unloaded and trigger lock or locked case], leave it where it risks being stolen; then reverse the process and reload/reholster the gun when returning to the car?
The state has that covered also, upping the penalties for lost or stolen firearms.

SCOTUS is irrelevant in MA. Once these bills pass, it will be interesting to see who files the suits (GOA, FPC, NRA (LOL), Comm2A, etc), and what SCOTUS will look like.
I have zero confidence the courts will make any difference to the MA commie politicians.
Really?

Does anyone remember how SCOTUS forced the AG to tell police departments to stop issuing restrictions? ... it wasn't that long ago.

From the article.

“Nobody is going to come and take your guns,” Hawkins said.

Followed 2 paragraphs later.

Other highlights include creating a “grandfather clause” for people who legally owned certain assault-style weapons, protecting them from running afoul of the law if it were to go into effect. Under the bill, certain assault-style weapons would become illegal to carry or sell.

And another gem.
Hawkins, who is a former teacher, said the expansion of the red flag provision is important for public safety because teachers and school officials learn a lot about the private family matters of their students.

Screw these people and those who say we should be negotiating and compromising with them. They don’t act in good faith.
So basically you go on a Tinder date with a teacher. She's way fatterer than her picture. You don't call her back. Next day cops show up for your guns?

AWB and mags will be upheld, most everything else will be spanked. Authorities will not comply and civil suits will take an additional 2-5 years to play out. They don't care because they have qualified immunity.

The state caved on Caetano after SCOTUS issued and ORDER, not an opinion. The order was based on Heller before Bruen was even heard.
They will fight, but they'll loose eventually.

Personally, I'm glad to be out of the state permanently.

Really?

Does anyone remember how SCOTUS forced the AG to tell police departments to stop issuing restrictions? ... it wasn't that long ago.
OK I'll give you that one.
According to ammo.com, MA is still the 6th worst state for firearms restrictions. We have a long way to go.

From the article.

Other highlights include creating a “grandfather clause” for people who legally owned certain assault-style weapons, protecting them from running afoul of the law if it were to go into effect. Under the bill, certain assault-style weapons would become illegal to carry or sell.

And another gem.
Hawkins, who is a former teacher, said the expansion of the red flag provision is important for public safety because teachers and school officials learn a lot about the private family matters of their students.

Screw these people and those who say we should be negotiating and compromising with them. They don’t act in good faith.
This whole teacher red flag bs is gonna get ugly fast

Really?

That's not how it happened. FRB directed that they would no longer process any restricted LTCs. No idea who told FRB to do that, but it wasn't initiated by PDs.

MA pols thumb their noses at SCOTUS anytime something doesn't go their way, BUT if SCOTUS says you can kill a baby, or chop your dick off, or marry cattle, then they are suddenly God.

To be fair, I listen a lot more when they (SCOTUS) are affirming my 2A rights, than when they are affirming whatever nonsense the far left has ginned up this week.

I think it was initiated by a guidance letter issued by the AG's office. The tone of the letter was that they didn't like to have to issue it, but it was the least that they could do and not risk more law suits.

That's not how it happened. FRB directed that they would no longer process any restricted LTCs. No idea who told FRB to do that, but it wasn't initiated by PDs.

The FRB seems to play it straight. When Comm2a won Fletcher v. Haas, the FRB created a temporary procedure for creating LTCs for legal permanent residents (paper licenses long after MA made the paper to plastic switch) and an appropriate update to the licensing database and application forms.

From the article.

And another gem.

Anyone who isn't attending every single school committee meeting and/or SERIOUSLY considering homeschooling their kids at this point is part of the problem.

AWB and mags will be upheld, most everything else will be spanked. Authorities will not comply and civil suits will take an additional 2-5 years to play out. They don't care because they have qualified immunity.
And, of course, our money will fund their lawyers while we get to pay for our lawyers out of our own pockets.

The Goal newsblast encourages us to submit written testimony if we cannot attend the hearing, but they don't indicate to whom we should email/mail the testimony. Also, now that the senate is taking up the issue, what number have they assigned to whatever abomination they are creating?

Can anyone help me out here?

Anyone who isn't attending every single school committee meeting and/or SERIOUSLY considering homeschooling their kids at this point is part of the problem.
Parents should teach Junior to keep his trap shut at school and not discuss any aspect of life at home. That applies across the board; not just gun ownership.

The Goal newsblast encourages us to submit written testimony if we cannot attend the hearing, but they don't indicate to whom we should email/mail the testimony. Also, now that the senate is taking up the issue, what number have they assigned to whatever abomination they are creating?

Can anyone help me out here?
Go to this page, read Event Details, at the end it gives you email address to send written testimony.

The Senate has not released their pile of crap yet.

Back
Top Bottom