2022 Schedule M1 Garand CMP Clinic/Match Games OCSA , Pembroke MA

Not a great day for me. Todd had a good day with the M1…
Funny you say that. It’s actually my biggest choke. Those 7s were in a clump at the 6 o’clock of the 7 ring. Not sure why I dropped my point of aim, but had I held it (like prone, rapid and the first 3 of offhand) it would have been a phenomenal score. Haven’t come close since. This is when we were using the stationary frames while the pits were “condemned”. So I didn’t have the luxury of scoring after each shot.
50C65AEB-63A9-494C-9C6F-FE0946631DC3.jpeg

Last edited:
Hope to make this one....again just to dial it in. Time? Pembroke RG?
t
To Tim and Others
As much as I want more to shoot OCSA in Pembroke if your looking to just Test/dial in your rifle with no pressure of time and position/ position changes the Hanson Rod and Gun Club CMP shoot is a better option 3rd sunday 11:30 am 100 yards walk and paste
Its not a match or a “clinic” but a introduction shoot.
There are generally very knowledgeable people there and good direction.
No pressure and no need to worry about time/position changes
Yes the corses of fire are run through but you can sit at a bench for everything.
There is time limits but you will not be rushed to finish. No scores are recorded and no trinkets awarded.
For that you need to come to OCSA

First time I'll take the 03A3 to a match. We'll see how I did sorting out the bugs. No guarantees...

Otherwise bringing the itsa-notta-pizzashitta-no-more match built M1 so at least there will be no wild cards for equipment when shooting the M1 match.

First time I'll take the 03A3 to a match. We'll see how I did sorting out the bugs. No guarantees...

Otherwise bringing the itsa-notta-pizzashitta-no-more match built M1 so at least there will be no wild cards for equipment when shooting the M1 match.
Schedule change for me and not looking good.

Good turnout today- 3 completely packed relays. Good to see a handful of our resident NESers at the match. Itzapizzashit himself must have had whatever is the Italian version of Wheaties for breakfast and got both golds. I was only 3 points behind in the Springfield match, so maybe a little trigger job on the new to me Remington 03A3 and a LOT of practice will do the trick? [laugh]

Special appearance of an Israeli Browning (semi only)- that was awesome to see.

I missed last match so Im already itching for the next
Who is coming and what you bringing
M1 and Modern
Im thinking AR and a Crusty SKS

I will probably bring the Bula M14. Thought I'd go cheap this season and just shoot .223 with the fugly AR but I'm ~5 points better in offhand with the Bula.

For M1 I will give the Krieger barreled Spaghetti King Special a rest and shoot the IHC or HRA. Unlikely I'll have enough time but I'm tempted to match prep one of the extra CMP stocks I have and shoot the "fake" [laugh] O-66.

Yer killing it! :D
The Bula M14 has always been a great shooter, so any time I don't get a good score it's on me. I went to Camp Perry Nationals for the first time last summer and in the very first stage of my first match shot a perfect score with the Bula. Got bronze with it, missed silver by only a point or two.

The Bula M14 has always been a great shooter, so any time I don't get a good score it's on me. I went to Camp Perry Nationals for the first time last summer and in the very first stage of my first match shot a perfect score with the Bula. Got bronze with it, missed silver by only a point or two.
Making all attempts to get there, have not shot since the first match.

Late report
Was a nice day to shoot
Nice job with the AR for the gold. How 'bout 'H' showing up and winning M1 Garand?

Guess I need to clean the chamber on the M14 and make sure I have a good mag for rapids. Otherwise dont' know why it jammed. Guess I'm happy with the silver in Modern Mil despite not getting all ten fired in rapids. Bronze in M1, so not a terrible day.

If I make the next one, will be shooting one of the non-match M1's and a K31 for vintage. I have a decent stockpile of GP-11 but wish they'd make another run.

Nice job with the AR for the gold. How 'bout 'H' showing up and winning M1 Garand?

Guess I need to clean the chamber on the M14 and make sure I have a good mag for rapids. Otherwise dont' know why it jammed. Guess I'm happy with the silver in Modern Mil despite not getting all ten fired in rapids. Bronze in M1, so not a terrible day.

If I make the next one, will be shooting one of the non-match M1's and a K31 for vintage. I have a decent stockpile of GP-11 but wish they'd make another run.
Im doubtful we will see anymore surplus GP11, might want to cruise swissrifle bords and see if any updates. Poking around a while back seems they where all ahooting PPU over there?

Im doubtful we will see anymore surplus GP11, might want to cruise swissrifle bords and see if any updates. Poking around a while back seems they where all ahooting PPU over there?
I will most likely shoot K31
With some berger 135s
Maybe the the 762 k98 also?
Might give the M1 a rest for a while.

That AR will shoot when I can. Sucked no pits I would have seen that nice tight group in the 9 ring.
Off hand was a good day I only had 2 8s out if those 30 shots almost all in the black!

That AR will shoot when I can. Sucked no pits I would have seen that nice tight group in the 9 ring.
Off hand was a good day I only had 2 8s out if those 30 shots almost all in the black!
That's a good offhand day for sure.

Need to check calendar for next date and see if I can get a little practice done. I don't think I have shot the K31 since last OCSA match or maybe Vermont.

That's a good offhand day for sure.

Need to check calendar for next date and see if I can get a little practice done. I don't think I have shot the K31 since last OCSA match or maybe Vermont.
Yeah anytime I can creep up into the 80s in offhand its nice.
Sadly a good off hand usually follow a rapid score of a right group in the 6 ring! Like the Garand score!
Think I had a 64 in rapids with garand. I just dont shoot the M1 well consistently .
Maybe I will load up some hot 110s for the M1?

Back
Top Bottom