2022 Schedule M1 Garand CMP Clinic/Match Games OCSA , Pembroke MA

Good news: Celestron is replacing My Regal M2 spotting scope: All though it was not as easy as pie.
I had to go back and forth with them. They where dead set that I return the complete scope including the eye piece and they would not return the LER 27x eye piece. I had to explain to them that the model I have the M2 Regal 27x LER has been discontinued as is the eye piece. So I wanted to retain the eye piece. The Replacement they wanted to gicve is the 20x60x80 scope, I can just sitch the eye pieces ? . Well anyway with a few back and forth emails and phone calls I finally talked to someone who put the effort in and got it done. Shipping out the old scope body tomorrow. Lets hope its a short turn around. I would have really liked to see my shots last match, Could have squeezed out a few more points.

Just some info
The Celestron 27x LER has a eye relief of 32mm which is really nice. It makes seeing the entire view through the lens even with eye glasses on.

Last edited:
Good news: Celestron is replacing My Regal M2 spotting scope: All though it was not as easy as pie.
I had to go back and forth with them. They where dead set that I return the complete scope including the eye piece and they would not return the LER 27x eye piece. I had to explain to them that the model I have the M2 Regal 27x LER has been discontinued as is the eye piece. So I wanted to retain the eye piece. The Replacement they wanted to gicve is the 20x60x80 scope, I can just sitch the eye pieces ? . Well anyway with a few back and forth emails and phone calls I finally talked to someone who put the effort in and got it done. Shipping out the old scope body tomorrow. Lets hope its a short turn around. I would have really liked to see my shots last match, Could have squeezed out a few more points.

Just some info
The Celestron 27x LER has a eye relief of 32mm which is really nice. It makes seeing the entire view through the lens even with eye glasses on.
So what the hell happened to it? Nice shooting last Sunday, regardless of scope or not.

So what the hell happened to it? Nice shooting last Sunday, regardless of scope or not.
It just wont focus has a blur on one side and then almost a blur/fragment across the lens. Tried 3 eye pieces and cleaned lens well.
f***ing shipping is retarded, $55 + $15 to Celestron. I guess its a small price to pay for a $800 scope
I paid $500 in 2016 but with LER lens which they do not make anymore. To bad its the longest eyerelief I could find and nothing comes close that I can find
Amazon product ASIN B00BQ52RDQView: https://www.amazon.com/Celestron-52305-Regal-Spotting-Scope/dp/B00BQ52RDQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?adgrpid=54135789057&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0umSBhDrARIsAH7FCoc9--hF8epiwTkNPZjl-W1zD2AMcU2Br7QPPj97-w1PO0J30vFj9woaAiyuEALw_wcB&hvadid=410012616682&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=9002049&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=3996739151944928940&hvtargid=kwd-301711110181&hydadcr=19690_11282066&keywords=celestron+regal+m2&qid=1650125572&sr=8-3&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.4dd97f68-284f-40f5-a6f1-1e5b3de13370

This is a good time to thank you again for finding me that LER eyepiece for my Celestron scope. I had looked everywhere or so I thought...
I like the distance on that one its 32mm or 1.25” I can just glance over at it and see my target through the lens with out bumping my glasses on it.

I like the distance on that one its 32mm or 1.25” I can just glance over at it and see my target through the lens with out bumping my glasses on it.
Most others are only 3/4”
KOWA had a 32mm LER buts it wont fit other scopes.

Last edited:
I think I'll reach out to the match director and request that relay 1 and 2 get comparable pit service. Folks shouldn't weasel out of working the pits excepting rare circumstances. I realize relay 3 is usually without and that's ok.

I think I'll reach out to the match director and request that relay 1 and 2 get comparable pit service. Folks shouldn't weasel out of working the pits excepting rare circumstances. I realize relay 3 is usually without and that's ok.
we did not have full pits on the first 2 relays ?

Im not sure who weaseled out other than those that shoot the 1st relay with M1 and leave.
It should be a requirement to have pit duty for at least one relay.

A Silver Mountain Solo target setup is the same money as your spotting scope. I’m really leaning toward pulling the trigger on one of those. Eliminate spotty pit service entirely.
I really like the concept, but the hardware looks too exposed for new shooters plus the rest of us can always have the random flinch or bad round.

whatsapp-image-2018-04-16-at-17-41-53_1.jpeg

I'm sure they are very expensive, but the systems the CMP is using can take some hits.

All I'd ask for is that the pit service is fair. You have to give it to get it, and probably don't come if you don't have time to both shoot and spend a relay in the pits. For sure I'm coming to the next one as I need to return some tools I am borrowing, but if the same frustrations are repeated that's just too far to drive to not have a great time.

A Silver Mountain Solo target setup is the same money as your spotting scope. I’m really leaning toward pulling the trigger on one of those. Eliminate spotty pit service entirely.
If I shot more I would have bought some sort of electronic target system.
Plus Cmp/nra no electronics allowed down range. Scope is under warranty other than the $65 to ship it.
If I had to replace this scope I would not be able to anytime soon. No fun money for Jonny for the for seeable future.

I really like the concept, but the hardware looks too exposed for new shooters plus the rest of us can always have the random flinch or bad round.

whatsapp-image-2018-04-16-at-17-41-53_1.jpeg

I'm sure they are very expensive, but the systems the CMP is using can take some hits.

All I'd ask for is that the pit service is fair. You have to give it to get it, and probably don't come if you don't have time to both shoot and spend a relay in the pits. For sure I'm coming to the next one as I need to return some tools I am borrowing, but if the same frustrations are repeated that's just too far to drive to not have a great time.
I hear where you’re coming from. I hadn’t shot that HK at 200y before Sunday. I had to tell Franco to mark the target and it came back as a total miss. Fired a second shot and they never dropped the target. From the third shot on, nothing was outside the 8 ring (prone). My first 2 missed the paper entirely? Way to throw away 2 sighters on rifle that needed windage correction. Shot the rest Kentucky Windage because I had no faith I was getting correct feedback. Sure, .556 is harder to see than .30 but…

I hear where you’re coming from. I hadn’t shot that HK at 200y before Sunday. I had to tell Franco to mark the target and it came back as a total miss. Fired a second shot and they never dropped the target. From the third shot on, nothing was outside the 8 ring (prone). My first 2 missed the paper entirely? Way to throw away 2 sighters on rifle that needed windage correction. Shot the rest Kentucky Windage because I had no faith I was getting correct feedback. Sure, .556 is harder to see than .30 but…
Guess we can chalk it up to first match of the season 'bugs'.

Second relay in the pits we were shorthanded. I was scoring two targets as were others. Third relay we marked the sighters with golf tees....

Second relay in the pits we were shorthanded. I was scoring two targets as were others. Third relay we marked the sighters with golf tees....
Well i hope my scope comes back before the next match and maybe the replacement will see 224 holes better.
I stuck my LER on my telescope and checked out the moon last night.

LOL I really don't like scoring two targets. I pretty much suck at that. We gotta figure out how do do this better so folks don't have to run two targets- especially people who are not even shooting while their hand recovers from surgery. [thumbsup]

I have some back up optics.
I have 2 older sets of 20x80 bino’s
Not sure If I can see holes at 200 with them
Maybe I will bring them and set them up for anyone who wants to observe.

Older set of PARKS 11x80 and Barska 30x80s
Going to check out the moon with the barska set tonight.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
Well I took the 1903a3 for a rip
Loaded up the TNT 125s with 42.5 gns H4895—sad moment im running out of H4895. I should have bought more when I had the chance but I had to replenish my
Varget, 2400 , unique and trailboss.
O well
Should be fine. Forgot to check my rear sight and it was to high for the first 5 rounds at the very top edge of the target.

Then a few adjustments down , close enough. Should be fine. The vertical string is 100% me. I forgot my correct Rx lens so had to settle for blur on blur for front sight to black bull.
2 shots in the 7 ring was 2 positions lower then last 3 in the 9 ring where set at 250 mark.

25CC641A-14D0-4532-B755-1A455C0009B5.jpeg

Well I took the 1903a3 for a rip
Loaded up the TNT 125s with 42.5 gns H4895—sad moment im running out of H4895. I should have bought more when I had the chance but I had to replenish my
Varget, 2400 , unique and trailboss.
O well
Should be fine. Forgot to check my rear sight and it was to high for the first 5 rounds at the very top edge of the target.

Then a few adjustments down , close enough. Should be fine. The vertical string is 100% me. I forgot my correct Rx lens so had to settle for blur on blur for front sight to black bull.
2 shots in the 7 ring was 2 positions lower then last 3 in the 9 ring where set at 250 mark.

View attachment 607537
That should do it.

Need to take mine out for sighting in. I think I have the poor accuracy sorted out.

Cool- I think that's me to the far right (from camera viewpoint). Pre expansion to the 9 shooting positions they have now? Edit- Yeah, that's me. I forgot to rack the first round in upon hitting the dirt. [laugh]
Yeah that was a crappy day iirc low turn out
Not a great day for me. Todd had a good day with the M1… that awkward looking guy to your right cycles a rifle funny, lol

2C49451F-C8C8-4AA5-8336-A037D52F53A8.png38680F43-A202-4A6D-8B76-B5226BE3B3E1.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom