• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2022 Schedule M1 Garand CMP Clinic/Match Games OCSA , Pembroke MA

mac1911

NES Member
Season is upon us,
Old Colony has club M1 garands for use or bring your own rifle. Please advise ammo price may change along with availability for M1 rifles , please call Rich on the Schedule below for any questions on ammo prices and availabilty
Never Shot a M1 come on down , want to shoot your rifle better come on down.
Along with the M1 Clinic/Match there are secondary matches for
Vintage military , Modern Military , Springfield 1903/a3

Cmp Games Rules

See Post 2 for other cmp matches at Old Colony 8DF4F344-AB77-44F8-A172-DE97C2C5A227.jpeg

Last edited:
Are these good for first timers who have never shot their Garand? Or can people go and not shoot and just observe?

it's a great day.. If I lived closer, I'd be inclined to go more often.. you can go and just observe if you want.. it'll take a good part of the day if you're coming from a distance..

if you shoot, be prepared to get an earful from Franco.. a legend there.. [rofl] think of it as a rite of passage.. but all the guys are cool... @mac1911, @Mountain, @wegman were all friendly and helpful..

know how your rifle operates.. loading/unloading, safety procedures.. etc.. You will be shooting at 200yds with iron sights.. definitely impressive to see these guys score in the 270-290s.

it's a great day.. If I lived closer, I'd be inclined to go more often.. you can go and just observe if you want.. it'll take a good part of the day if you're coming from a distance..

if you shoot, be prepared to get an earful from Franco.. a legend there.. [rofl] think of it as a rite of passage.. but all the guys are cool... @mac1911, @Mountain, @wegman were all friendly and helpful..

know how your rifle operates.. loading/unloading, safety procedures.. etc.. You will be shooting at 200yds with iron sights.. definitely impressive to see these guys score in the 270-290s.
Thanks. It's not too far for me, but since I have to go through Brockton, probably should bring the 1911.

the modern military rifle with an ar15 -is it also set for iron sights only or optics are allowed too?

With a little difficulty. Bench is easiest.
t
Theres no bench work at pembroke during cmp
Hanson rid and gun 3rd sunday 12pm is a cmp free for all 100 yards any rifle , bench , positions , both

Last edited:
Whats everyone bring Match 1?
I might forgo the M1 match and shoot
AR and M1a
I just have not posted good scores with the M1 last few seasons

I'll be bringing the fugly and much hated AR to this one and will probably shoot it in every MM match in order to be cheap. Also I hardly shot it last season, maybe not at all. I brought it to Perry and Vermont only as back up in case the armorers somehow bounced the Bula during inspection. Going to jam whatever powder I have and some Nosler blems into some LC brass our local PD gave to me. I shot the Bula M14 plenty last season and did OK so it gets a rest. Also plan to load blems for M1 Garand or just burn up some crap later year HXP. Leaning towards either the HRA or IHC M1's, probably will leave the match M1 at home.

I'll be bringing the fugly and much hated AR to this one and will probably shoot it in every MM match in order to be cheap. Also I hardly shot it last season, maybe not at all. I brought it to Perry and Vermont only as back up in case the armorers somehow bounced the Bula during inspection. Going to jam whatever powder I have and some Nosler blems into some LC brass our local PD gave to me. I shot the Bula M14 plenty last season and did OK so it gets a rest. Also plan to load blems for M1 Garand or just burn up some crap later year HXP. Leaning towards either the HRA or IHC M1's, probably will leave the match M1 at home.
Pretty much going to burn up HXP
I could sell it also ?

Pretty much going to burn up HXP
I could sell it also ?
I have not really had any issues with the later HXP brass. Some culls and bad flyers in my late HXP in enblocs, but if I get rid of the corroded ones and use the nickel plated enblocs I don't have any problems. If it were me, I'd burn it up and use the brass later.

I have not really had any issues with the later HXP brass. Some culls and bad flyers in my late HXP in enblocs, but if I get rid of the corroded ones and use the nickel plated enblocs I don't have any problems. If it were me, I'd burn it up and use the brass later.
I a shit ton of brass

Decided to bring the IHC. It will be in the "Pizzachit" as-received condition from the CMP. OK, I'll probably make sure the sights are tight. I'm going to assume the 2nd match / 3rd relay will be without pit service. Hopefully we'll get 5 sighters marked for us. I'll ask El Capitan about that. Hopefully the IHC won't hit the berm or other folks' targets. I know the AR is accurate, but I can't see the damn holes. Hard to decide which to shoot first with pit service.

I plan on coming but unsure if I can shoot (hand surgery and still have stitches)
I'd think that if the stitches are still in that shooting 30-06 all slinged up would be a bad idea.

If you are married, it will likely result in head injury.

Im still not ready, anyhow grabbing a M1 and some HXP and the AR with what ever I have enough of.
I think I have some 55 gn loaded up or maybe some of them nosler tipped left if not I will grab some PPU M193
.223's will likely be odds and ends, maybe the same for the .30-06. I could use some practice but just got back from VT last night and not feeling it today. Will have fun tomorrow, regardless.

Great day today…couple pics

Attachments

• 5E084160-E0F8-4191-A5BF-77FB02229F0D.jpeg
    5E084160-E0F8-4191-A5BF-77FB02229F0D.jpeg
    732.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 81288E1E-00A8-4EC3-B81D-47009109C0B6.jpeg
    81288E1E-00A8-4EC3-B81D-47009109C0B6.jpeg
    724.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 29767ECC-FEAE-47DF-A554-F95207EC838F.jpeg
    29767ECC-FEAE-47DF-A554-F95207EC838F.jpeg
    608.3 KB · Views: 17
  • FA24267B-9361-4A57-8635-7001E9091A56.jpeg
    FA24267B-9361-4A57-8635-7001E9091A56.jpeg
    382 KB · Views: 16
Great day today…couple pics
Good to see you. Better check your camera- you got a pic of the world's fugliest AR and most likely your CCD is going to be burnt. :D IHC M1 is first to the right of the rack center, fugly AR is second to right from center.

And for the record, I wasn't shooting anywhere near position 5. [wink]

IHC Garand shot OK but somehow whoever was scoring for me could not find one of my 10's in offhand and gave me a miss instead. Except for that error in scoring [rofl] I should have scored in the mid 260's which is decent. 259-3 with a miss is still OK for a non-match prepped M1. Somehow I really f-ed up with the AR and shot a 267-4 despite TWO misses. That should have been in the mid 280's. Oh well, better practice more and take my Geritol anti-brainfart supplements.

Good to see you. Better check your camera- you got a pic of the world's fugliest AR and most likely your CCD is going to be burnt. :D IHC M1 is first to the right of the rack center, fugly AR is second to right from center.

And for the record, I wasn't shooting anywhere near position 5. [wink]

IHC Garand shot OK but somehow whoever was scoring for me could not find one of my 10's in offhand and gave me a miss instead. Except for that error in scoring [rofl] I should have scored in the mid 260's which is decent. 259-3 with a miss is still OK for a non-match prepped M1. Somehow I really f-ed up with the AR and shot a 267-4 despite TWO misses. That should have been in the mid 280's. Oh well, better practice more and take my Geritol anti-brainfart supplements.
I still think my AR is uglier , chopped and crowed, pink hi lites on the muzzle end, chunks missing out of stock , random scribbles and stickers and that $50 air soft free float tube? 37293FEE-18F3-4D0D-859F-3C19EEEBC939.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom