• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2022 Cast Bullet Seminar Sign Up Thread

Ok so who is on the fence? We need to bump these numbers up and nothing makes me happier than converting the nay sayers.
Who thinks cast can’t meet their shooting sports needs?

Who wants to shoot more for less?
Who wants make their own hunting ammo for rifle, pistol or shotgun?
Who wants to be self reliant and not have to watch what @andrew1220 posts to know where to find your next batch of bullets 😂

Step up to the plate and put in your big boy yoga pants like @Broccoli Iglesias and start casting so you can shoot your 45-70 revolver for 15 cents a round.

At first I thought this was on a Saturday and since we now have hunting season at that point in zone 10, I thought I was going to miss it.

But your prodding made me look again and I see now this is on Sunday, which for puritanical reasons we can't hunt.

So, I'll sign up.

UPDATE: Payment sent

I mentioned this before but i have some extra 32 s&w long cases for you (like 60 or so). I also have what appear to be wadcutters for that cartridge that i really have no use for. I’ll bring those as well. I was just going to melt them but if someone wants them they can have them.

I’ll bring my Star Luber sizer set up for 45. Maybe someone can show me how to use it. Lol

I have a 30 cal Lyman mold i’ll bring as well. I have to look at the number.

I also have a lot of cleaned, deprimed swaged then polished brass for 9mm, 40 s&w if anyone wants it for 3 cents a case. Just let me know and i’ll bring it. I figure everyone already has enough but if we will all be there anyway….

Last edited:
I mentioned this before but i have some extra 32 s&w long cases for you (like 60 or so). I also have what appear to be wadcutters for that cartridge that i really have no use for. I’ll bring those as well. I was just going to melt them but if someone wants them they can have them.

I’ll bring my Star Luber sizer set up for 45. Maybe someone can show me how to use it. Lol

I have a 30 cal Lyman mold i’ll bring as well. I have to look at the number.

I got all of this in an estate sale so i really have no idea about a lot of it.
Awesome. All good things. I think we will probably have a 32 shooter there.

The star is an awesome machine. You’re going to love working with it. Does it have lube in it already? If you need lube I suggest ordering carnauba red from white label lubes. It’s awesome stuff and cheap to boot.

The star is an awesome machine. You’re going to love working with it. Does it have lube in it already? If you need lube I suggest ordering carnauba red from white label lubes. It’s awesome stuff and cheap to boot.
Thanks, i’ll look into the lube. It doesn’t appear to have been used for 50 years, if it actually was ever used.

The Star press it was with had the original 7 decapping pins the person ordered, so i don’t know if any of it was ever used. Not breaking one decapping pin would be difficult

Thanks, i’ll look into the lube. It doesn’t appear to have been used for 50 years, if it actually was ever used.

The Star press it was with had the original 7 decapping pins the person ordered, so i don’t know if any of it was ever used. Not breaking one decapping pin would be difficult
👍🏼👍🏼

I will be rounding up some scraps and odds and ends. I will make attempt to at least drive by and scatter it all over and watch you all flock to it like pigeons!!!
I do have some stuff and you all can do what ever you want with it.

If theres any absolute new casters going and are local to hanover I do have a few pounds of various alloy if you want to grab it. Just in case I dont make it

I will be rounding up some scraps and odds and ends. I will make attempt to at least drive by and scatter it all over and watch you all flock to it like pigeons!!!
I do have some stuff and you all can do what ever you want with it.

If theres any absolute new casters going and are local to hanover I do have a few pounds of various alloy if you want to grab it. Just in case I dont make it
😂😂 thanks man!

Does it matter if I get the 1 lb block or the 1 x 4 sticks? I see the block is cheaper per lb, but not sure what would be the best/appropriate thing to buy.

And I hope my credit card doesn't show a charge from "White Label Lubes" or else I might get some questions that I'd prefer not to answer.

Does it matter if I get the 1 lb block or the 1 x 4 sticks? I see the block is cheaper per lb, but not sure what would be the best/appropriate thing to buy.

And I hope my credit card doesn't show a charge from "White Label Lubes" or else I might get some questions that I'd prefer not to answer.
I dont know what the price difference is but the sticks should fit right in the machine. Vs melting and filling or making your own sticks from the brick.

Daughters softball will interfere with my attendance so If someone
Maybe one of the newbies can pick up the box of random stuff along with a few pounds of alloy in various stages that would be great.
If you are done with the Lee .452 round ball mold I lent you, please send that along too. Thanks

It’s roughly 1/2 the price to buy the brick.
You can buy the block but then you need to gently melt it and pour it into the machine. It can be done but it’s a damn mess and if you burn the lube it’s smelly and useless.

A solid stick will lube around 1000 pistol bullets depending on caliber and lube groove quantity/size. So it really is worth the money to just grab a few sticks.

I buy the sticks for ease of use.

Back
Top Bottom