• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2021 Hunting Season Opener

No ticks here either. I had a few (3) back in May/June but I spent so many hours in the deep woods this year more than any other. Didn’t get out for squirrel or bear yet since I’m fettered with family issues.

Still plenty of time left. You have some nice looking bears on camera. Hopefully you will get a crack at one of them.

Bob

Looking forward to getting in the woods again next month for small game. I've got a couple places that the rabbit and grouse should be full of.

I've got a bad feeling about deer this year. Only during archery is there even a possibility of antlerless deer, within an hour drive of me. My kids are the only shot during youth weekend. I probably won't even bother. At least in my neck of the woods deer closes a week earlier, so I can get back to more productive hunting.

Woo Hoo - just got the best hunting news of my life last night!

When we moved up here, my daughter announced that she was a "city girl" and didn't want to act like the rest of us. She did go deer hunting during youth weekend and fishing last year, but that was as much outdoors as I was getting from her. This year, I've noticed that she's been getting a little more country, but I haven't been pushing. She's gone target practicing with me, and fishing and kayaking.

Anyway - I was getting me and my boy's gear ready for small game opening Friday, and we were selecting our guns: 20ga SxS for him, and I'll either go with a 16ga A5 or a BL-22. My daughter came in the room, and asked "which one is mine?" When I asked if she was going small game hunting, she just did that 13 year old girl head tilt thing and said "of course". Like it had never been in doubt.

I've got both my hunting buddies back! Woo Hoo!

And after checking out the safe, she's decided on the Chipmunk .22 as her rifle for small game. She'll have to ground swat grouse, but it'll be fine - I'll bring the A5 for any birds that fly.

Back
Top Bottom