• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2021 Fishing thread

Got 4 yesterday on the lake while all of the neighbors were prepping for a hurricane that won’t come. Lol

2 each Larry and Sally. Two dinks and a 2.75 Sally and 3.85 Larry.

Got 4 yesterday on the lake while all of the neighbors were prepping for a hurricane that won’t come. Lol

2 each Larry and Sally. Two dinks and a 2.75 Sally and 3.85 Larry.

LOL. I said the same thing. Then I went fishing
I caught some of everything, but they were all small except the Crappies and Blue gills. Even the smaller ones put up a pretty good fight.

cAFlhn0.jpeg

4HagvLq.jpeg

OkNf3Em.jpeg

Y9FCK0D.jpeg

Leq5ZA9.jpeg

Well it wasn't as hot today so I figured I'd go fishing again. I only fished with my ultralight because its way more fun than anything else. I was catching everything even though the almanac said today was an awful fishing day.
I got 3 bass that for some reason did not break my line. I only use 4 1/2 lb line on it. 2 were just over 1 lb and the other was 2 1/2. I also caught a 12 oz Bluegill. It might be my biggest ever. A decent yellow perch and a few Crappie as well. And lots of blue gills and pumpkin seeds.

yuKvkZN.jpeg
yzn1tH8.jpeg

ZV17fNa.jpeg

xktOoMm.jpeg

NKuv4u0.jpeg

Personal best for a striper on the fly. But, I forgot to set the hook - the fish swam off as soon as I grabbed the leader. Fishing from shore in southern Maine has not been very productive, in spite of there being baitfish present in the water.

Last day of striper fishing today. Lost a new plug to a violent strike on the first cast - straightened out the Tactical Angler clip I was using. Haven't had that happen before. Caught a few more keeper sized fish but released them, since I had some filets left in the freezer. Largest fish of the day was 36". Fishing has been slow AF overall but today was a good day.

I was walking the Canal last weekend. LOTS of guys fishing. Watched 2 guys reel in a short fish and a keeper he was going to throw back just off Scusset. That water is SO crazy clear. Sat AM saw a guy on a bike bring back a keeper. "Hey, nice fish." "No, nice was teh one that was twice as big that I had to throw back." LOL. Curse of the slot limit.

Back
Top Bottom