2021 Bullet Casting Seminar Sign Up Thread!

Im bringing in more lead than I will most likely ever shoot., its why I donate to the cause
NES member Fixxah was my first NES transaction he lived between my house and my dads so it was convenient to pass by on the way to my dads.
Walked away with a good amount of lead in trade for a box of random stuff and IIRC a 30 rd mag ? I gave some of that lead ro the first seminar.
I thought I had a few chunks of 70/30 solder ?
Anyway enjoy the day and if theres any extra mold knockers kicking around Like to get my hands on one.
Also looking for a 6.5 mm mold something that drops .267” maybe?

Last edited:
I am bringing a 5 gal bucket half full of lead pipe. I am bringing some pistol and Rifle molds does anyone have a special rifle bullet they might need, and I might have? I am still looking for the address if someone could pm it to me that would be great.
Those 6.5 swede molds , what di they drop for size?

Thank you for everyone that attended and all of the presenters.
One hell of a day and another year crossed of the list. I can’t wait for next year!!

Now how about some follow up and some pics and info of what you guys did after the class!

I want to see some 38 loads made with a Lee loader, some 8mm that don’t lead and some 7.62x39 cast flying out of an AK!

Thanks for pistol pics Artie!!

Thank you Mike, and Pastera, and Artie for putting that together.
Thoroughly enjoyed it. Sorry I had to leave a bit early.
A lot of knowledge was passed on and I was pretty impressed with the amount of boolits that got made by a few guys.
Great job guys.

Thank you Mike, and Pastera, and Artie for putting that together.
Thoroughly enjoyed it. Sorry I had to leave a bit early.
A lot of knowledge was passed on and I was pretty impressed with the amount of boolits that got made by a few guys.
Great job guys.
I had nothing to do with it except my good looks. [laugh]
Now if @Broccoli Iglesias showed, no one would have noticed me.

Sorry my bad then. I'm terrible with names.
The older gent that is involved with the museum. He was very knowledgeable.
I was not there, im also terrible with names, If I was there I would be that guy calling everyone tony.
Casting is fun and its nice when you find a nice combination that delivers down range. Its even more fun when someone says “you cant” or “never going to work” “not accurate” when using a platform not intended for cast.

Thank you for everyone that attended and all of the presenters.
One hell of a day and another year crossed of the list. I can’t wait for next year!!

Now how about some follow up and some pics and info of what you guys did after the class!

I want to see some 38 loads made with a Lee loader, some 8mm that don’t lead and some 7.62x39 cast flying out of an AK!

Thanks for pistol pics Artie!!
I did cast in my sks years ago when I first started. 100% cycle and as accurate as any fmj I have used in that rifle.
AR can run also. I did not achieve better than 5 moa. I run cast in M1,M1a and all the family of surplus rifles.

Thanks to all of the contributors and attendees.
Saved me from hitting the side of the house but today's a painting day.
IMG_20211011_101257959_HDR.jpg
Those uprights are 24' and they can't even get close to the peak - fun day today.
There was some interest in pot covers for Lee pots - I'm looking to judge demand before getting some water jetted.
Current version is cutout for a temp probe holder - can make a version without probe cutouts too
Printed prototype for fitment
IMG_20211011_101212016.jpg

Thanks to all of the contributors and attendees.
Saved me from hitting the side of the house but today's a painting day.
View attachment 531235
Those uprights are 24' and they can't even get close to the peak - fun day today.
There was some interest in pot covers for Lee pots - I'm looking to judge demand before getting some water jetted.
Current version is cutout for a temp probe holder - can make a version without probe cutouts too
Printed prototype for fitment
View attachment 531236
In for 2 or 3

It was a great day of learning. My 3rd seminar and I want More seminar !!! And now I have a fire burning that can only be put out by a 45-70 and paper patch bullets. Big thanks for the efforts put out by mike and pastera and everyone else

Here are the links that I spoke about at the seminar. Some solid info here but I have tons more if you need specifics just ask.

Cast Bullet Links

- [ ] LASC tons of detailed articles and PDF copy of “From Ingot To Target”
NRA - IHMSA Handgun, Rifle, Air Pistol Silhouette Shooting. The Excitement Of Reactive Steel Targets At The Los Angeles Silhouette Club

- [ ] Low velocity lever gun / single shot /bolt gun data.
Lever Gun Performance Studies

- [ ] List of bullet moulds with their description and use. Includes obsolete designs.
Lyman and Ideal Mold Descritions

- [ ] Castboolits Forum
Cast Boolits

- [ ] Hi-Tek bullet coating.
Hi-Performance Bullet Coatings

- [ ] Steel lath for baking trays
27 in. x 8 ft. Steel Lath-2.5 METAL LATH - The Home Depot

- [ ] White Label Lubes
Home | LS Stuff

- [ ] Mould Makers
Along with LEE , RCBS, Lyman & Saeco there are a few custom/semi custom makers that lead the industry.

The best hollow point molds! ~ MP-molds ~ Bullet molds

NOE Bullet Moulds |

Accurate Molds: Custom Bullet Molds

- [ ] Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook. Older edition but loaded with information and useful load data.

- [ ] Alloy Calculator

Here is the original alloy calculator file also. There is a newer one available with more rows for custom alloys to be input at the bottom but they’re not really needed.

When I blend up a new batch I like to save a copy of the file with the date of the batch that matches the date on the lid of the 5 gallon bucket that I put the ingots in.

It almost keeps things sorted out.

Attachments

• Alloy Calculator .xlsx
    138 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Huge thanks to Michael and Pastera for pulling this together it was a great time. Ton of information getting shared and the day flew by. I can’t wait to learn what my bore size was and get rolling on paper patching. Today I did modify one of my hot plates per Pastera instructions and it worked great.

I also want to send a thanks to Artie and everyone that donated to the door prizes. We left with enough stuff to get a person up and running with casting which was much appreciated. So we will have a new caster very soon…

I also want to thank Pastera again for hosting and letting Alex attend this year. He also had a great time and he wants to try his hand at hand pouring some bullets. Picture will be coming…along with some questions.

0BAB9DF0-E8B1-45A3-A015-F31CA887AB49.jpeg

Got a PM about the trays I use for bullet coating -

The 6x9 is $5 with free shipping over $19 (buy four)
The 6x9 holds 2-3lbs for coating and three are needed for a continuous process
1st tray - curing in oven (12 minutes)
2nd tray - on top of oven (fast dry/preheat)
3rd tray - on fan cooling from oven (2 minutes), coat (2 minutes), on fan initial drying (8 minutes)

Hi to all the attendees. I enjoyed the seminar and picked up a few new skills and some ideas to improve my setup. I upgraded my smelting setup from a cast iron frying pan, that got heavy and too hot to pour, to a cut down 20 pound propane tank. Wow, what an improvement. Pictures are of a smelting session where I did 150 pounds of 6% antimony into 1 pound ingots in about 3 hours.

Last weekend I cast a bunch of .44 cal lead balls for a buddies wrist rocket and did 3 coats of Hi-Tech. They look awesome.

Pastera and Mike, great job of hosting and teaching. Maybe in the spring we can run a class up here on the North Shore.

If anybody is interested I have a bunch of pewter, 63/37 tin/lead solder, pure lead and 1 pound rolls of 90/10 tin lead solder. I have more of the 5 pound 63/37 bars too. PM me if you are interested. I'm hoping to score some liquid electronic flux in the near future too.

My order of interest is smelting, casting, reloading and if I can get my hands on some tired rifles or pistols I rebuild them which consists of cleaning, re-bluing and refinish the woodwork and of course shooting.

Attachments

• IMG_20211119_143022842.jpg
    IMG_20211119_143022842.jpg
    385.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20211119_154526281.jpg
    IMG_20211119_154526281.jpg
    455.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20211212_185717767.jpg
    IMG_20211212_185717767.jpg
    784.1 KB · Views: 12
Hi to all the attendees. I enjoyed the seminar and picked up a few new skills and some ideas to improve my setup. I upgraded my smelting setup from a cast iron frying pan, that got heavy and too hot to pour, to a cut down 20 pound propane tank. Wow, what an improvement. Pictures are of a smelting session where I did 150 pounds of 6% antimony into 1 pound ingots in about 3 hours.

Last weekend I cast a bunch of .44 cal lead balls for a buddies wrist rocket and did 3 coats of Hi-Tech. They look awesome.

Pastera and Mike, great job of hosting and teaching. Maybe in the spring we can run a class up here on the North Shore.

If anybody is interested I have a bunch of pewter, 63/37 tin/lead solder, pure lead and 1 pound rolls of 90/10 tin lead solder. I have more of the 5 pound 63/37 bars too. PM me if you are interested. I'm hoping to score some liquid electronic flux in the near future too.

My order of interest is smelting, casting, reloading and if I can get my hands on some tired rifles or pistols I rebuild them which consists of cleaning, re-bluing and refinish the woodwork and of course shooting.
Nice work!!

Back
Top Bottom