• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2021 Bullet Casting Seminar Sign Up Thread!

How much lead and solder would be an appropriate tithe for the gods of molteness?
!ead alloy composition ?
So!der alloy composition ?
Roughly 2% tin should cover a lot of casting needs. Tin helps with mold fill out. So if you have larger bullets with several lube grooves or details tin will help.

Alright guys anyone else interested? We need to get the numbers up or this thing won’t happen this year!

I would like a dozen attendees (not just the regular group also)

If we can’t get a seminar going maybe we can get the regular guys together for a casting day.

It’s a lot of work to put on for 4 or 5 guys.
I should havey neighbor and I believe one other

Ok who else is signing up? Getting down to the wire here ladies and gentlemen.

This is your chance to change your life! Cast bullets for next to no cost. Shoot loaded ammo for less than pre Covid pricing.
Saving 10 cents on a cast bullet leaves a lot of room for a 9 cent primer.

How about saving 20 or 30 or 50 cents per bullet for the heavy cartridges like 458 SOCOM or 38-55?

😂😂😂 I don’t even know the address @pastera will send it to me and I’ll send a PM to everyone. Or he can PM. Either way.

@BillNed feel free to bring some along if you want. We always need more to keep the pots full.

Do you need anything from me? I know we don’t get to see each other much and can’t end we if I owe you anything or you needed to borrow anything.

😂😂😂 I don’t even know the address @pastera will send it to me and I’ll send a PM to everyone. Or he can PM. Either way.

@BillNed feel free to bring some along if you want. We always need more to keep the pots full.

Do you need anything from me? I know we don’t get to see each other much and can’t end we if I owe you anything or you needed to borrow anything.
No I'm all set thank you.

I could. I Iive in one of those towns. First time to do this. I’ve been wanting to learn since I have reloaded 357.
MFSP101 will be picking up the lead donation. Some for him and the rest to be used at the seminar how ever Spangler sees fit. Theres enough to fill one or Arties hot pots for sure
D6416CF0-D9CA-49BC-832F-412409D156E8.png

When I first got into casting in the 80s I was a lead scrounging fool. I'd mostly hit up garages for wheel weights, but I'd take anything.
I stopped into Ron Bouchard's when it was still in Fitchburg and I asked a mechanic if he wanted to get rid if any. He pointed to a five gallon bucket overflowing with wheel weights.
He said if you can lift it you can have it.
So I backed up my Ford Ranger as close as I could get and dropped the tailgate. I grabbed the bucket handle with both hands and tried basically a dead lift but the handle ripped right out of the plastic bucket. So the I squatted down and bear hugged the bucket and just barely got it up high enough to set it on the tailgate where it stayed for about two seconds before the tailgate cables broke. The bucket fell down and split leaving a pile of weights on the ground.
After he quit laughing the guy brought me another bucket and helped me scoop the weights into my truck.
I still have some of the ingots I made from the weights and I'm pretty sure I still have the left inguinal hernia from that day.
Oh well, nothing's ever really free.

When I first got into casting in the 80s I was a lead scrounging fool. I'd mostly hit up garages for wheel weights, but I'd take anything.
I stopped into Ron Bouchard's when it was still in Fitchburg and I asked a mechanic if he wanted to get rid if any. He pointed to a five gallon bucket overflowing with wheel weights.
He said if you can lift it you can have it.
So I backed up my Ford Ranger as close as I could get and dropped the tailgate. I grabbed the bucket handle with both hands and tried basically a dead lift but the handle ripped right out of the plastic bucket. So the I squatted down and bear hugged the bucket and just barely got it up high enough to set it on the tailgate where it stayed for about two seconds before the tailgate cables broke. The bucket fell down and split leaving a pile of weights on the ground.
After he quit laughing the guy brought me another bucket and helped me scoop the weights into my truck.
I still have some of the ingots I made from the weights and I'm pretty sure I still have the left inguinal hernia from that day.
Oh well, nothing's ever really free.
That’s awesome. I think I cast my first bucket into bullets in about 2 days and shot them in a couple weeks lol.

Back
Top Bottom