2020 - The Year Of The Big Brother

Sauer Grapes

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they plan to outlaw hats, dark glasses, and bulky clothes? I mean yeah you don't want to walk around looking like that everyday but if I planned to jaywalk you bet I'd be like Keyser Soze (the character, not Kevin Spacey) :)
I'm willing to bet that Burkas will still be ok.

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
It'll be interesting to see what happens when peoples score falls too low.... maybe an excuse for "disappearing" some people, etc, and instead of everyone else questioning the state's motives, the state will use the "low score" to get the rest of the public to shit on and not care about the person being disappeared....

-Mike
For one, low scores will result in travel restrictions. This last August, I was on high speed trains in and out of Beijing and the announcements (even in English) stated that not following the rules or disobeying train officials 'could affect your social credit score and ultimately restrict your ability to travel'. I didn't hear such a message on high speed trains in and out of Shanghai a couple weeks ago, at least not in English. I have been informed that a decent score will be necessary in order to leave the country for foreign travel.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It'll be interesting to see what happens when peoples score falls too low.... maybe an excuse for "disappearing" some people, etc, and instead of everyone else questioning the state's motives, the state will use the "low score" to get the rest of the public to shit on and not care about the person being disappeared....

-Mike
I read somewhere that being friends with low scoring people will reduce your score.

So, I think it is exactly what you describe, alienating people and creating two classes. All the high scorers are constantly afraid and sucking up to the gov, and all the low scorers hang out together.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
For one, low scores will result in travel restrictions. This last August, I was on high speed trains in and out of Beijing and the announcements (even in English) stated that not following the rules or disobeying train officials 'could affect your social credit score and ultimately restrict your ability to travel'. I didn't hear such a message on high speed trains in and out of Shanghai a couple weeks ago, at least not in English. I have been informed that a decent score will be necessary in order to leave the country for foreign travel.
In English? That suggests they would also be keeping a score on those of us who are not from China. Maybe that is why China bought all the FB records from Suckerberg. I wonder if there is a way to look up my score.

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I always assumed they would be keeping tabs on me from day one, over 10 years ago, and mind my P's and Q's accordingly. Gave me a 10 year visa, so seems to be no issues for me. Not sure how folks check their 'score' or if possible for foreigners, but I'll ask.

Lank

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This monitoring system is top shelf Orwell… On a similar note, I have heard that google is working with the Chinese government to develop some sort of state approved search engine.

If true, This should be very alarming, as I have zero doubts that if the contemporary left somehow gets into power in the US, they will work with their colleagues in big tech (e.g. facebook, google) to use platform user profiles, search histories etc against users that do not conform to leftist group think.

Brewer

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Liberals love this stuff -- you know, the kind of people that go back and dig up stupid things you did as a kid and hold it against you forever. I guess conservatives are getting on board too, ie Al Franken, Trudeau. It's just mob based here, not formalized.
I must be misreading you. Al Franken and Justin Trudeau? Conservatives?

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
There was an article recently on the challenges faced by CIA undercover operatives an such in this new world of ubiquitous facial recognition.

EvilDragon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Excellent! I can't wait until we have the system and drop the scores of party functionaries to execution levels. Let the system eat itself. These f***ers learned absolutely nothing from similar endeavors by the Soviets.

omega42

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This monitoring system is top shelf Orwell… On a similar note, I have heard that google is working with the Chinese government to develop some sort of state approved search engine.

If true, This should be very alarming, as I have zero doubts that if the contemporary left somehow gets into power in the US, they will work with their colleagues in big tech (e.g. facebook, google) to use platform user profiles, search histories etc against users that do not conform to leftist group think.
They already do that - posts that contradict leftist orthodoxy are tagged as fake news and deleted. Repeat offenders are banned. When the left gets into power (sadly it's just a question of time) these actions will join with government and move into the legal sphere.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the meantime, can we deduct some points from this one, please! [rofl2]

But on Monday, a federal judge in Boston ruled that evidence suggested Zheng had tried to smuggle vials of research specimens in a sock packed in his suitcase bound for China. Zheng is alleged to have stolen the materials from his lab at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, as part of China’s longstanding effort to acquire intellectual property from American colleges and universities.

His arrest reflects a wider crackdown by the US government in the past year on Chinese scholars and researchers suspected of espionage and scientific theft. Several Boston-based researchers have apparently been stopped at Logan as part of the enforcement effort.

The FBI and federal agencies that fund health and science research at US universities have cautioned that the country’s open higher education system, which has for decades thrived on global research cooperation, is being exploited by foreign governments.

The National Institutes of Health has opened more than 180 investigations into potential violations involving foreign influence in US research. Last month, Congress held hearings about such conduct in scientific research and the academic recruitment efforts by the Chinese government. And earlier this month, the Justice Department announced it had reached a $5.5 million settlement with a Michigan-based biomedical research organization after it failed to disclose that two of its scientists received Chinese government grants.

Some university presidents and scientists, however, have chafed at the growing suspicion cast toward Chinese researchers and even American academics of Chinese descent. They have warned that these academics are unfairly being targeted for increased scrutiny at airport checkpoints and by funding agencies.

US teaching hospitals and medical schools are trying to balance the concerns of their scientists with that of the government, said Heather Pierce, senior director for science policy at the Association of American Medical Colleges, a trade organization.
------------
Zheng initially denied he was carrying any biological specimens but later admitted he had stolen the vials from Beth Israel, according to court documents. Some vials contained a colleague’s work he had replicated without the authorization or knowledge of the lab, Zheng told authorities, according to court documents.

Zheng said he planned to take the specimens to a lab where he worked in China, conduct further research, and publish a paper, and take credit for the work, according to the court documents.

Among his belongings, Zheng also had a laptop that belonged to another researcher at the lab who had already traveled to China. Zheng said he was carrying the laptop because the researcher didn’t have room in his suitcase. But FBI officials allege that Zheng and the other Chinese researcher worked together to smuggle work out of the lab and the country.

“Zheng’s appointment to [Beth Israel] was not an accident; he was knowingly gathering and collecting intellectual property from [Beth Israel] possibly on behalf of the Chinese government,” Kara Spice, an FBI agent, stated in a court affidavit. “This type of behavior is expected of Chinese nationals when they travel to the United States and rewarded upon their return to China.”

Last edited:

FiremanBob

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This would be a good time to purchase a large supply of Guy Fawkes masks. How can you "improve" your social score? Spend some time in Room 101 and you will learn to love Big Brother and to ask before answering "How many fingers am I holding up?"

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you get points by ratting out your neighbor...
They will have their own "government sponsored" cameras to report on them. Chinese communist party announced that in 2020 there will be one camera per 2 citizens in every major city. What a great accomplishment!

Some multinational companies are lobbying Chinese government looking for a possibility of sharing government data for their products. So far commies did not promise sharing the data.

Choctaw

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
China's Digital Currency

"China’s Planned Bitcoin-Killer Sparks Major Concerns"
"Meanwhile, China's plans for a bitcoin-rival have sparked fears Beijing will use the digital yuan to better control its citizens."

Top Bottom