2020 - The Year Of The Big Brother

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
China is starting it's "social recognition" system in 2020.

It is not clear yet if every citizen will start with the same amount of points which will be possibly deducted later on. If citizen decides to jaywalk, for example, camera will capture his face which will be recognized by the database and points will be deducted for that individual. Less points, less rights. Subway systems already implemented different entrances and procedures for those with lower ratings. All travelers are searched in China, some will be waiting for the search longer and their search will also take longer.

Choctaw

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they plan to outlaw hats, dark glasses, and bulky clothes? I mean yeah you don't want to walk around looking like that everyday but if I planned to jaywalk you bet I'd be like Keyser Soze (the character, not Kevin Spacey) :)

greencobra

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Do they plan to outlaw hats, dark glasses, and bulky clothes? I mean yeah you don't want to walk around looking like that everyday but if I planned to jaywalk you bet I'd be like Keyser Soze.
there go hoodies!

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they plan to outlaw hats, dark glasses, and bulky clothes? I mean yeah you don't want to walk around looking like that everyday but if I planned to jaywalk you bet I'd be like Keyser Soze.
They plan not to let you in. Do not forget, eventually everything will be controlled by your social credit. You walk into a store, get items and the cost will be deducted from your account....... You can be covered but you will get nowhere.

Choctaw

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is such a bizarre concept. I wonder how they plan to let people repair their damaged score. Community service? Pay a fine?

minininjer

NES Door Greeter
NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
China is starting it's "social recognition" system in 2020.

It is not clear yet if every citizen will start with the same amount of points which will be possibly deducted later on. If citizen decides to jaywalk, for example, camera will capture his face which will be recognized by the database and points will be deducted for that individual. Less points, less rights. Subway systems already implemented different entrances and procedures for those with lower ratings. All travelers are searched in China, some will be waiting for the search longer and their search will also take longer.

Where are you seeing anything about "points"? I don't think I saw it in the article you linked, I must have missed it?

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is such a bizarre concept. I wonder how they plan to let people repair their damaged score. Community service? Pay a fine?
Year 2020 is going to be a major victory for the communism in China. It will be the equivalent of Mao's March. Finally, everyone will be under the control, including foreigners.

The damaged score can be repaired by your own activities. You show up at the party meeting, you will get brownie points for that. Those may be reduced later on because you have forgotten to pay your phone bill on time.....It will be a strict society with rules you will HAVE TO LIKE.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you seeing anything about "points"? I don't think I saw it in the article you linked, I must have missed it?
Sorry, that was covered before already. Check this out:

minininjer

NES Door Greeter
NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
It'll be interesting to see what happens when peoples score falls too low.... maybe an excuse for "disappearing" some people, etc, and instead of everyone else questioning the state's motives, the state will use the "low score" to get the rest of the public to shit on and not care about the person being disappeared....

-Mike

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure the credit system is going to be implemented, but what it REALLY is under the hood is a way for China to get everyone in a database so they can more quickly ID those pesky protesters, like in Hong Kong...
The communism requires for everyone to be equal. In the Soviet systems agents, your employers, your teachers and sometimes your own relatives reported on you and the information was kept in your personal file which was always checked when it was a time to make a decision. Do you want to travel? Let's see what is in your file. Do you want your kids to go to a college? Let's see what your file says. You never knew why you were not allowed to do something because nobody shared the findings with you. My own file, mind you I lived there for only 20 years, was 2,000 pages of reports from all kind of people. Some of them I knew.

This tool will make you report on yourself.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Liberals love this stuff -- you know, the kind of people that go back and dig up stupid things you did as a kid and hold it against you forever. I guess conservatives are getting on board too, ie Al Franken, Trudeau. It's just mob based here, not formalized.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It'll be interesting to see what happens when peoples score falls too low.... maybe an excuse for "disappearing" some people, etc, and instead of everyone else questioning the state's motives, the state will use the "low score" to get the rest of the public to shit on and not care about the person being disappeared....

-Mike
This is how you fill state farms and mines with workers. They will be "improving their scores" there for quite some time.

Companies will not dare to hire workers with low scores, only government will be "responsible" for them. They will have an opportunity to redeem in state run enterprises.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liberals love this stuff -- you know, the kind of people that go back and dig up stupid things you did as a kid and hold it against you forever. I guess conservatives are getting on board too, ie Al Franken, Trudeau. It's just mob based here, not formalized.
Are you NES member? Points down! Does your television show that you are watching CNN? Points up!

EVERY POLITICIAN'S DREAM!

Alexa, remind me to mail $3 to Pocahontas today! [devil2]

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The communism requires for everyone to be equal. In the Soviet systems agents, your employers, your teachers and sometimes your own relatives reported on you and the information was kept in your personal file which was always checked when it was a time to make a decision. Do you want to travel? Let's see what is in your file. Do you want your kids to go to a college? Let's see what your file says. You never knew why you were not allowed to do something because nobody shared the findings with you. My own file, mind you I lived there for only 20 years, was 2,000 pages of reports from all kind of people. Some of them I knew.

This tool will make you report on yourself.

Yea, everyone is equal in Communism... Until you need some firefighters to put out a fire at Chernobyl, or miners to dig under the reactor, or liquidators to hose down the town to trap radioactive dust. Then some are more equal than others....

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
You could also argue your criminal record and credit score are softer forms of this. Obviously this is not entirely without merit, especially insofar as credit scores are concerned. The lifelong damage in terms of employment, civil liberties etc, a criminal record does to Americans, when 95% of the shit you do in this country is a crime, is quite scary, though.

Yea, everyone is equal in Communism... Until you need some firefighters to put out a fire at Chernobyl, or miners to dig under the reactor, or liquidators to hose down the town to trap radioactive dust. Then some are more equal than others....
I wonder how many viewers that was lost on. Probably most of them.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again, in communism, government needs a steady stream of people who are doomed. When Stalin decided on a mega project somewhere in Siberia KGB issued an order for more prisoners to fill labor positions required. Chernobyl was cleaned mostly by soldiers who HAD to go in the military.

In communism you have no choice. You work towards the best possible outcome hoping to avoid the toughest assignments.

HorizontalHunter

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Do they plan to outlaw hats, dark glasses, and bulky clothes? I mean yeah you don't want to walk around looking like that everyday but if I planned to jaywalk you bet I'd be like Keyser Soze (the character, not Kevin Spacey) :)
They do in England:

A man was fined £90 for refusing to show his face to police trialling new facial recognition software. The man pulled his jumper up above his chin as he walked past Met Police officers trialling Live Facial Recognition software in east London. BBC cameras filmed as officers swooped on the man, told him to ‘wind his neck in’ then handed him the hefty penalty charge. A campaigner from Big Brother Watch – who were protesting the use of cameras on the day – was also filmed telling an officer: ‘I would have done the same.’ Police said they made three arrests thanks to the cameras on the day in question and a total of eight people, including two 14-year-old boys, were arrested during the course of the trial.

Read more: Moment man is fined £90 for hiding face from police facial recognition cameras

Twitter: Metro (@MetroUK) | Twitter | Facebook: Metro

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could also argue your criminal record and credit score are softer forms of this. Obviously this is not entirely without merit, especially insofar as credit scores are concerned. The lifelong damage in terms of employment, civil liberties etc, a criminal record does to Americans, when 95% of the shit you do in this country is a crime, is quite scary, though.

I wonder how many viewers that was lost on. Probably most of them.
Your face, your very own being will be reporting on you. You will avoid situations in which you may be recorded. Demonstration on the street? You will be in the bunker! NES forum? You do not want it on your computer! Alexa downloaded contacts from your visitor's phone? You do not want such visitors!
Your criminal record and your credit score were created by you, this system will be creating YOU!

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do in England:

A man was fined £90 for refusing to show his face to police trialling new facial recognition software. The man pulled his jumper up above his chin as he walked past Met Police officers trialling Live Facial Recognition software in east London. BBC cameras filmed as officers swooped on the man, told him to ‘wind his neck in’ then handed him the hefty penalty charge. A campaigner from Big Brother Watch – who were protesting the use of cameras on the day – was also filmed telling an officer: ‘I would have done the same.’ Police said they made three arrests thanks to the cameras on the day in question and a total of eight people, including two 14-year-old boys, were arrested during the course of the trial.

Read more: Moment man is fined £90 for hiding face from police facial recognition cameras

Twitter: Metro (@MetroUK) | Twitter | Facebook: Metro
In the Chinese system you will want to be recognized because otherwise you will not be able to obtain your basics. You will not be able to get on the train, buy food, ......

Through the SCS, Chinese authorities can bundle with a citizen’s national ID code information about matters ranging from tax payments, personal finances, and business registrations to traffic violations and more. Once credit information is linked to documents establishing the personal status of citizens, such as household registrations and ID cards, state authorities as well as the cooperating companies operating social-credit systems can quietly guide and influence behavior. Individuals with good credit records can be rewarded, and those with bad ones may face negative consequences. For example, citizens with unpaid taxes, debts, or traffic fines can be kept from purchasing certain kinds of transportation tickets and rejected when applying for bank loans or credit cards. Measures of this kind have already been put into effect: By mid-2018, due to poor social-credit scores, more than 11 million people had reportedly been placed under limits on the purchase of airline tickets, and 4.25 million people were restricted in buying high-speed rail tickets.27 For those whose political activity draws negative official attention, this system is likely to have serious repercussions. The experiences of individuals currently on social-credit blacklists suggest that those subject to restrictions may not be notified when listed, and will not have easy access to appeal procedures.

In China’s one-party dictatorship, there is no independent rule of law, nor are there checks on the government’s power. This means that many of the restraints on the handling of personal data that are present in democratic societies do not apply. Under the new cybersecurity law and other security legislation, authorities can freely access nearly all personal information.28 Once fully operative, the SCS—premised on a massive invasion of citizens’ privacy through large-scale monitoring—will provide the state with a range of new mechanisms by which it can exert control over China’s people.

m_n_x

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

-Mike
I suspect you'll be invited to a credit "camp" where you'll be educated to live a more "credit worthy" life.

peterk123

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Donald Rumsfeld was way ahead of the times. I think everyone that worked for him called it snowflakes (no, not the basement dwellers we have today). Everything he wrote was on little sticky pad sheets. People would come into work in the morning and Rums had those things stuck all over their monitors. Nothing was ever done electronically. Freakin genius. II mean think about it, who files a sticky note? I am trying to follow his lead; except for hanging around on NES, of course. Pete

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Donald Rumsfeld was way ahead of the times. I think everyone that worked for him called it snowflakes (no, not the basement dwellers we have today). Everything he wrote was on little sticky pad sheets. People would come into work in the morning and Rums had those things stuck all over their monitors. Nothing was ever done electronically. Freakin genius. II mean think about it, who files a sticky note? I am trying to follow his lead; except for hanging around on NES, of course. Pete
If you try to avoid generating electronic records in China, I'm positive that will reduce your score too.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I wonder if the rules are written down anywhere. There may be a way to power level your character... um I mean yourself... like leave the TV on CNN 24x7 even if you're not really watching it. Or visit Chairman Mao's body a ridiculous amount of times, like every day.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Make no mistake. If we do not amend the constitution to make owning your personal data a right, the exact same thing will happen here. The police have already dismantled most of 4A. Either ground is taken back, or all governments will move this style system.

This is exactly why we should not be doing any business with China.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if the rules are written down anywhere. There may be a way to power level your character... um I mean yourself... like leave the TV on CNN 24x7 even if you're not really watching it. Or visit Chairman Mao's body a ridiculous amount of times, like every day.
One important note: Appliances and your surroundings are recording your face. So, no, leaving TV on CNN will not cut the mustard. You, recorded by Alexa or your tv or your fridge, sitting in front of CNN will bring you some points for sure. [wave] You forcing your entire family to watch CNN will help you to get back those points you have lost when you have logged accidentally on NES.

Top Bottom