2020 Steel challenge at Holbrook Sportsmen's Club

2020 dates :

indoor steel .22LR only matches

January 25th
February 29th
March 28th

outdoor matches

April 26th May 31st June 28th July 26th August 23rd September 27th October 25th

5 stages $15 for club members, $20 for non-members, and $5 for juniors. Registration/check-in is at 8am, Safety Briefing at 8:45 and First shots at 9am. pre-registration is required using practiscore, walk-ins will only be allowed IF space is available.

due to limitations on the ranges we limit this to (1) gun per competitor, and only 60 shooters ( 50+10 staff )

Registration info can be found on our club website :

Steel Challenge

Steel challenge information can be found at their website :

Steel Challenge Club Information - Steel Challenge Shooting Association Home Page - US Practical Shooting Assocation

We ask that all folks have enough mags or speed loaders to shoot 5 strings, if you show up with
only one mag we might have a problem, if you show up with 2 or 3 mags then we can deal with
that, just know that we will expect you to get some more mags if you get hooked by the steel
shooting bug.

New rule this year out of SC HQ !!
All long guns must be bagged AND flagged before they go into a bag or cart !!
Not sure about rimfire pistols but a chamber flag before you case the guns seems good.
And as always there is no handling of firearms unless under the direct supervision of a Range
Officer or at one of the many "Safe Table" located around the shooting bays.
Absolutely NO AMMO at the safe tables

please email me at [email protected] for more info or questions.

Last edited:
:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup: can't wait for these!

2019 dates :

(2) indoor mini-match ( .22LR only )
February 23rd & March 23rd @ 5pm

4th Sunday of the month @ 9am ( except 3)
April 28
May 25 ( sat)
June 23
July 27 (sat)
August 24 (Sat)
September 29
October 27

i haven't updated the dates yet at SCSA website or our own, working on that this week.

If this ends up being cancelled because of rain, will someone post here Sunday morning? is there an email that can go out to all Practiscore registrants?

If this ends up being cancelled because of rain, will someone post here Sunday morning? is there an email that can go out to all Practiscore registrants?

I stopped at the ranges this morning(friday) no major puddles , bit wet and squishy. i will asses it again tomorrow saturday. and watch the forecast. if it does cancel, i will post here, as well as email all the registered shooters from practiscore.

Greetings Shooters

for those that are members of Holbrook and those that are not here is an update as of this morning Tuesday 5/19:

the Club is OPEN to members starting today, BUT no organized events or guest at this current time.

I do not have a Timeline for when the no events restriction will change, with that being said, the May Match scheduled for Sunday the 31st , as well as the June match for Sunday 28th are CANCELLED.

I am hoping that moving forward we may be able to salvage a season, and I will play this Month to Month regarding what the Club gives me for guidance and rules regarding events moving forward.

best of Health to all of you and your families

Keith O'Brien
Holbrook Steel Challenge Chairperson

Bump.

I am starting to see some clubs schedule matches. Signed up for HSC on the 17 and Granby on the 18th.

Anything for Holbrook?

I’ve never shot at this club (maybe once at an NES event years ago) but I see a whole bunch of familiar names from past shoots on Practiscore. I’ll have to make it up there from the Cape for a steel match once Summer is over.

I’ve never shot at this club (maybe once at an NES event years ago) but I see a whole bunch of familiar names from past shoots on Practiscore. I’ll have to make it up there from the Cape for a steel match once Summer is over.
You should also go to the one in New Bedford (not official Steel Challenge). I will be there with @Michael J. Spangler and @1919FAN and the 45/70 revolver for one stage.

Back
Top Bottom