• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1st Annual Official (*Unofficial*) NES Secret Santa - 2020 (Archive)

Mtn_Guy

NES Member
Pitching the idea of a Secret Santa for 2020:

With December just around the corner, the only thing I’m looking forward to more than Christmas is turning the page on 2020. So with the holidays around the corner, let’s do a 2020 NES Secret Santa. Here’s my thoughts, and the brain-trust can work out the details:
  • Starts 12/1 and runs for a few weeks... say 12/15 (2 weeks) or 12/21 (3 weeks)
  • Items must be new (no 1/2 eaten sandwiches or old socks.)
  • Target value $20-$50, no max value (meaning if you want to really splurge you can, but not expected)
  • Secret Santa items can be anything: pocket knife, ammo, gun cleaning stuff, gift cards to restaurants, Clorox wipes,?etc. (but give something you would want to receive, not junk/ crap)
  • This is not a Yankee Swap— meaning no gag-gifts. 2020 has given us enough surprises, no one wants or needs to receive a joke gone bad.
  • You must cover the shipping cost to mail out the item(s)

so the only part I’m unclear of is the logistics of picking names. One way may be to post “in” on a thread and for @Admin to assign names — but that could create work, and I’m trying to keep the idea simple. I’m just uncertain how to accomplish this virtually.

Thoughts? Anyone up for this???

i like the idea. health care costs limit where i put my cash so i wouldn't be participating, but it could be a lot of fun. hope it makes the cut, it should be amusing reading what people got. [thumbsup]

Not a bad idea. Might want folks to “In” with a list of sizes (that’s how we used to do it at work)? That way folks can give things like gloves and shirts (swag shirts can make great secret Santa gifts). In our case we might want to also include calibers🙂

I’d be in. Maybe limit ammo to the most popular stuff? While I’d appreciate the thought, I’d wind up getting something obscure like .257 Roberts or a Florbert Parlor Rifle.
Also, what are the logistics with giving ammo as a gift and the whole MA ltc crap?

I guess the best way to do this is everybody posts a photo of what they are putting up. (except me, of course. No camera)

I will personally look through all the posts and pick the one I want.

Then you other guys figure what you want to do next...

Back
Top Bottom