• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

1st Annual Official (*Unofficial*) NES Secret Santa - 2020 (Archive)

Out. Too gay (no offense) and it makes work for the Admins when the Admins don't need work. (I have this great idea that takes a lot of work. Somebody else should do it though).

Do it via PM if you want.

Well we are going to need one person to officiate it. Will usps deliver if the package is sent to secret Santa and not person name? Or will we need to give the name of their person? Anyone know the answer

Ok, so no work for Mods...

We’ll use the Elfster.com App (see link) this will keep all contact anonymous for all except the person who you pick and have to ship to.

1. Suggested Minimum Value $25.

2. I set the “Gift Exchange” date to 12/18 so that there’s a few days to mail out items/meet up, as appropriate. This created an RSVP date of 12/10

3. This is Entirely voluntary, but more that participate the more interesting this will be so pass this along.

4. Too gay for @EddieCoyle... 🙄

5. Endorsed by @enbloc... 😎

Coyle's right... gay.

THE STORY OF ELFSTER
Cast of Characters
Kelly Connors:
Office worker, sister-in-law of Julia
Julia Kassissieh:
Office worker, sister-in-law of Kelly
Peter Imburg:
Husband of Kelly, brother of Julia
Scene
Office in Jack London Square, Oakland CA

Time
December, 2000

Julia, my sister, and Kelly, my wife, have 40 minutes at lunch to set up the family Secret Santa.
Kelly and Juilia

They decide a Secret Santa, like they did as kids, would be fun for the family. The family is bigger and is spread across 3 states.
8 stamped, addressed envelopes are spread out on the lunch room table; one for Mom, one for Grandtom, one for each of the 3 siblings, and each of their spouses. To the right of the envelopes is an Oakland A's baseball hat, and 8 strips of paper. Julia grabs the strips, and swirls the paper around in the hat. Kelly pulls a name from the hat and hands it to Julia who, without looking, puts the strip of paper in the first envelope. They repeat 7 more times until the last envelope has been stuffed.
There's time to spare. Pausing, Kelly considers "we should get somebody to check that nobody got their own name." Julia grabs a co-worker who checks each envelope and says "Kelly, you got your husband?" Oh no! Try again. Then again. And again!
Kelly comes home and tells me, her husband, about her day. This is the day the light bulb went on. I think to myself, "technology can help this problem". And the time is right to put a new twist on this classic gift giving ritual.
After some tinkering and tests, there is Elfster, a free online Secret Santa organizer and social networking platform for gift giving.
Today, Elfster gives time-strapped party planners and gift givers the tools to rediscover the joy of gift giving by organizing a Secret Santa gift exchange. We are serving over 10 million gift givers in more than 50 countries this year.
Thank you for stopping by!
Peter Imburg

[rofl2]

Still In. Someone needs to tell me who wins the 9mm...

As a reminder, you need to sign-up through Elfster to be In. I know, not Tremendous — but it was the only way to manage this without piling on extra crap for the mods. And this way, addresses and contact info remains anonymous except for the person who draws you, and the person you draw.

Why does Elfster ask for my sexual preference? There is no listing for "Twins"...

Alright, I joined, but don't know what to do next.

I never signed up for Napster either...

1607037553313.png

Last edited:
So, now what? The gifts just start rolling in...?

beryl-pretorius-main-menu.gif

Seriously. How do I search for "friends"?

I click on the "Friends" tab and all I see is an upside-down elf taunting me...

Ah, ok. Click on the "Who's Participating" thingy.
It looked like it was just informational because it had the number of participants listed.
Did not know it was "clickable" until my arrow pointer turned into the "Hamburger Helper" hand...

1607038710046.png

It doesn't list me though. Is that ok? Or, did I forget to do something...?

Seriously. How do I search for "friends"?

I click on the "Friends" tab and all I see is an upside-down elf taunting me...
First step is you need to have friends. [smile]
Ah, ok. Click on the "Who's Participating" thingy.
It look like it was just informational because it had the number of participants listed.
Did not know it was "clickable" until my arrow pointer turned into the "Hamburger Helper" hand...

View attachment 418592
You like the hamburger helper hand dont you

Back
Top Bottom