2020 Presidential Debate Countdown

Buck F

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I thought DJT was going to continue with Joe's saying "they willl pay the price" by adding "yeah joe, we're well aware, we have the laptop from hell".
I thought the same. Missed opportunity for DJT to say "Yeah, we know, they're paying a price... to your family"

ToddDubya

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I thought the same. Missed opportunity for DJT to say "Yeah, we know, they're paying a price... to your family"
Remember that time Iran didn't do what 0bama said and they paid the price to the tune of $1.7B in USD?

Me neither. But I do remember the time Iran didn't do what 0bama said and he gave them $1.7B in USD, straight folding cash. Iran is going to be paying contractors to work on their house under the table for LIFE, son.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the feeling that was gonna be an instacatchphrase...

Trump is the monkey, Zero f***s giving
View attachment 402709
I have a complicated taxonomy for image files,
and I can't decide whether that goes under
\Pictures\art\Animals\Primates, or
\Pictures\art\Animals\Interspecies_Bonding

Adams family or Manson family?
Reminder:

So is Joe Going after/investigating the Russians because of this false accusations about this laptop?
He's got a teleconference with O.J. later this morning,
to pick up investigative tips.

... I do remember the time Iran didn't do what 0bama said and he gave them $1.7B in USD, straight folding cash. Iran is going to be paying contractors to work on their house under the table for LIFE, son.
Gonna need a lot of refurb
if the Persians manage to smuggle a Ryder rental truck nuke into D.C.

Brewer

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Well we know who was drinking the Arrogant Bastard. But what was the baby drinking- Stella or Angry Orchard?
Living in Newengland, drinking angry orchard should be considered a sin.

O’Doul’s. And I’m only having Angry Orchard because I couldn’t find any Strongbow here in middle Tennessee.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O’Doul’s. And I’m only having Angry Orchard because I couldn’t find any Strongbow here in middle Tennessee.
Ahh, forgot you were in TN... all is forgiven! [laugh]

Has Bold Rock made it out as far as you yet? They make a couple decent, bottled, knock'em back ciders without the extra flavoring/sweetening crap. Not quite on par with a Harpoon for that purpose, but close.

Brewer

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Ahh, forgot you were in TN... all is forgiven! [laugh]

Has Bold Rock made it out as far as you yet? They make a couple decent, bottled, knock'em back ciders without the extra flavoring/sweetening crap. Not quite on par with a Harpoon for that purpose, but close.
Never seen Bold Rock but sounds worth a try.

Baby Billy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember that time Iran didn't do what 0bama said and they paid the price to the tune of $1.7B in USD?

Me neither. But I do remember the time Iran didn't do what 0bama said and he gave them $1.7B in USD, straight folding cash. Iran is going to be paying contractors to work on their house under the table for LIFE, son.
I thought we sent Iran foreign cash, on pallets, in the middle of the night.

Reactions: AHM

pastera

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
a few years ago somewhere in Europe at a truck rest stop a tandem tractor trailer pulled in with a blade on it. I was shocked how large it was. you kind of lose perspective when its up in the air. I am not even sure how this truck was even able to take turns.
Articulated rear wheels.

Wind is better than solar but neither is green on a commercial scale.

I have read some info on the sub audible pulses from turbine blades - not enough to be certain but enough to know that I wouldn't want one near my house/workplace.

I think Trump was briefed on the negatives for wind/solar but doesn't understand the technical points so was not able to articulate the details - 95% of the population wouldn't.
Hell 100% of the population minus the @spacecritters don't know or care.

Biden was falling apart fast in the last 20 minutes - incoherent responses and slurred speech. And you could see that he knew it but couldn't do anything.

jhblaze1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The blades are composite - materials that make them up will screw up your body bad...
No good way to recycle them either.
I saw a news story a while back where these people were at the end of their rope over a wind turbine that was put up by their house. It blocked the afternoon sun and the blades' shadows made the light coming through their windows look like a strobe light. And it had a non stop hum. They were visibly worse for the wear claiming they were all getting constant migraine headaches and couldn't sleep.

I've also read that the amount of energy including fossil fuels it takes to build one isn't recouped by the energy output of the turbine for years, though I've seen climate propagandists claim it's much shorter than that.

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boston Gun & Rifle and Braintree Rifle & Pistol

Vertical axis wind turbines are better than horizontal axis turbines on bird strikes, efficiency regardless of wind direction, longevity, and ease of maintenance with the generator portion on the ground, but because of the dominant manufacturers clout all you ever see are the horizontal types in large installations.

Same deal with a lot of solar and battery tech. There are reasonably efficient and environmentally friendly versions out there, but because of cronyism they have a hard time obtaining market share.

Trump killing Chinese dumping of shit panels and wind turbines on the US market actually helped the US market on top of getting rid of crony subsidies. The companies with a better product were finally able to compete on quality and NOT have to deal with unfair competition based on artificially lower prices (subsidized competitors or foreign dumping) or political contract connections. A lot of the environmentalist types are impressed with Trump actually getting the environment more cleaned up than Obama, despite gutting regulations, because of tackling other issues which prevent adoption of clean technologies or allowed for remediation of contaminated sites. Not that they will give him credit for it.

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Vertical axis wind turbines are better than horizontal axis turbines on bird strikes, efficiency regardless of wind direction, longevity, and ease of maintenance with the generator portion on the ground, but because of the dominant manufacturers clout all you ever see are the horizontal types in large installations.

Same deal with a lot of solar and battery tech. There are reasonably efficient and environmentally friendly versions out there, but because of cronyism they have a hard time obtaining market share.

Trump killing Chinese dumping of shit panels and wind turbines on the US market actually helped the US market on top of getting rid of crony subsidies. The companies with a better product were finally able to compete on quality and NOT have to deal with unfair competition based on artificially lower prices (subsidized competitors or foreign dumping) or political contract connections. A lot of the environmentalist types are impressed with Trump actually getting the environment more cleaned up than Obama, despite gutting regulations, because of tackling other issues which prevent adoption of clean technologies or allowed for remediation of contaminated sites. Not that they will give him credit for it.
Back in the "Stimulus" era (remember shovel ready projects), my Stimulus Plan, which the politicians completely rejected when I didn't pitch it them, was to:

Solicit designs for a vertical axis windmill, where the "main" unit with generator and electronics was around the size of a trash can and the whole being suitable for mass manufacture. Then bids for the USA based manufacture of enough of them to put one on the roof of every private residence in the country. Then for the distribution and installation. Then for the inevitable maintenance. And finally for the recycling and replacement at the end-of-service life.

It would have created jobs at every level of our economy and would have created a reduction (not elimination) of our reliance on fossil fuels. The unit cost could have been held to a minimum (call it $1k per unit + installation) and would have easily fit into the couple trillion we spent AND would continue delivering benefit for decades.

How long did all those highway signs that said "This sign was paid for by the Stimulus Act!" last, anyway, and who here benefited by them?

Last edited:

mibro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Articulated rear wheels.

Wind is better than solar but neither is green on a commercial scale.

I have read some info on the sub audible pulses from turbine blades - not enough to be certain but enough to know that I wouldn't want one near my house/workplace.

I think Trump was briefed on the negatives for wind/solar but doesn't understand the technical points so was not able to articulate the details - 95% of the population wouldn't.
Hell 100% of the population minus the @spacecritters don't know or care.
This.

I saw a news story a while back where these people were at the end of their rope over a wind turbine that was put up by their house. It blocked the afternoon sun and the blades' shadows made the light coming through their windows look like a strobe light. And it had a non stop hum. They were visibly worse for the wear claiming they were all getting constant migraine headaches and couldn't sleep.

I've also read that the amount of energy including fossil fuels it takes to build one isn't recouped by the energy output of the turbine for years, though I've seen climate propagandists claim it's much shorter than that.
....and this.

Windmills are an abomination that after a short unreliable life randomly producing not much more electrical power than it took to make them and making everyone within miles of their installation sick will become mountains of unrecyclable crap. The feedstocks for epoxy resins are all derived from oil, btw.

Coal, oil and gas fired electrical power generation is a marvel of applied thermodynamics, efficient, beautiful machines that convert oil into clean sinusoidal electrical power, carbon dioxide and water for a lifetime of 50 years or more.

My absolute favorite perspective on carbon dioxide is that by de-sequestering large quantities of CO2 from oil humanity is saving the planet from an ecological catastrophe. Earth's plants all evolved in time periods when atmospheric CO2 levels were much higher and at under 300 ppm CO2 all plants are at the edge of survival. Mankind's big, beautiful pulse of CO2 will re-green the Earth for millennia.

Last edited:

Rehoboth Dave

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was ATV riding with some friends up in Maine earlier this month and we rode past a wind farm. No way would I be able to live anywhere near one of those monsters. We could hear the "woosh woosh" of the blades from several hundred yards away. I can't imagine having to listen to that every day 24/7.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I thought we sent Iran foreign cash, on pallets, in the middle of the night.

I hate that this story is full of only half-truths.

We gave Iran back their own money. This was part of an agreement with the EU, China and Russia. We did not give them a ransom. In the late 1970's Iran gave the US a couple hundred million to buy arms, but their government was overthrown so we kept it. We were paying back an IOU with an agreed amount of interest.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We gave Iran back their own money. This was part of an agreement with the EU, China and Russia. We did not give them a ransom. In the late 1970's Iran gave the US a couple hundred million to buy arms, but their government was overthrown so we kept it. We were paying back an IOU with an agreed amount of interest.
Forfeit as an act of WARFARE by holding 52 Americans hostage for 444 days, or have you forgotten?

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0

LOL to a completely different and hostile regime. Sure we owed them...

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok sure, we could have kept it and argued about it with the EU. But the bottom line was that it was not taxpayer's money. All we did was return their payment plus some interest. This isn't stealing from you and me.
It IS funneling funds to anti-American interests. Surely you understand that? We would have done better to lump it in the middle of the Washington DC Mall and set it ablaze.

Top Bottom