2020 Nascar Thread

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's incredible. I thought for sure when I saw that crash that there was no way he survived it. Less than an hour ago, he walked out of the hospital with his two daughters. It didn't even look like he had any casts or anything.

TC McQuade

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0

Gator9329

That Guy
NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Didn't I hear that his wife had just left him last week?
That must be awkward . Maybe the silver lining is that this accident may help mend things for his family .

Lowbird

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Didn't I hear that his wife had just left him last week?
That must be awkward . Maybe the silver lining is that this accident may help mend things for his family .

People have brought that up. Nothing like a near death experience to make people evaluate what's important to them. We'll see how it plays out.

SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
People have brought that up. Nothing like a near death experience to make people evaluate what's important to them. We'll see how it plays out.
Clarity. It brings clarity which may mean separation is best for them and their girls.

I hope that isn't the case.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Glad to see he's doing ok. That was quite the wreck.
The worst wreck I can remember was the 2000 Daytona 250 truck series race.
Geoffrey Bodine turned into a fireball when he got airborne up into catch fence:

I was watching that race live and I thought for sure he was a goner.
Nope, he survived, but was in the hospital for well over a month, and back racing a few months later.

W.E.C

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The worst wreck I can remember was the 2000 Daytona 250 truck series race.
Geoffrey Bodine turned into a fireball when he got airborne up into catch fence:

I was watching that race live and I thought for sure he was a goner.
Nope, he survived, but was in the hospital for well over a month, and back racing a few months later.
Wow,20 years ,Don’t seem like that long ago, at the time I thought safety of the chassis was cutting edge, the tracks and the cars are so much improved.
looking back at that clip, this is echoing in my head... [smile]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b4cW9sx47A

Woodstock

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
By far the worst I've seen was Don MacTavish at the Permatex 300 in 1969, also at Daytona. He was an up-and-coming New England driver that I had met the previous summer at Riverside. He hit an opening in the outside wall and it tore off the entire front half of the car, including the frame, firewall, dashboard, etc. It spun on the track with him totally exposed in his seat, and came to rest facing traffic. Next car came through the smoke and dust and hit him head on, killing him instantly. The video is on youtube, but I won't be posting it.

Top Bottom