NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Last edited:

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn’t nascar on the boycott list?? Who is the keeper of the list anyways?

Fixxah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Sad to see Andretti passed. He seemed like one of the good guys who rode from the real racing to the crap they pedal now. RIP John.

Gator9329

That Guy
NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Got my cars for the season = 19,18,11

Lets hope they hold up to what they did last year..

chevy looks like they may have got their shit together , Lets hope not to much

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0

Gator9329

That Guy
NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I kept waiting for another wreck . I was hoping it would get down to just 1 car left.
A lot of money got spent up on that track. Hope no one needs their backup on sunday. They will have to go to the parking lot and borrow one.

appraiser

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
a friend of mine is doing an event with "The Alabama Gang" on Thursday over in Daytona, I may go over and check it out... I'd rather spend a couple of hours with them hearing the stories of when racing was great than watching this crap they call racing these days.

It is really funny when I am at the shop in NH and the topic of conversation is NASCAR in the late 1970's and into the 80's... the stories my friends tell about racing Cup as a privateer with their home made car are a riot.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate racing based on fuel, tire strategy. It sucks. Let them race.

I liked the NY modified races where they ran twin 50 lap races.
Put them on the track and let them go.
Screw the pit stops... just race.

FYI - I worked with some of the NY Modified guys in the late 60s -early 70s and loved it.
It was the golden days of modified racing... too bad I didn’t realize it at the time.
I also spent some time working race control at Watkins Glen - Trans Am, Can Am, US Grand Prix.
Yep... it was the golden days of racing... I miss it.

Last edited:

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Probably got too expensive for the smaller teams to qualify like that
That's certainly one of the reasons they changed the qualifying procedure, having three engines per car every weekend was a huge expense.
For those that don't remember how they used to do it, the teams would unload at the track with the practice engine installed, then run both their pre-qualifying practice sessions to dial-in the chassis. Then they'd yank the practice engine and install their qualifying engine, and go run their qualifying laps. Then they'd yank the qualifying engine and reinstall the practice engine to run their final practice session. Afterwards, they'd yank that engine again and install the race engine. That was a crapload of work and expense. Now they have a one-engine rule. The engine you show up with is the one you run for all the practice sessions, qualifying and the race. If you blow it up before the race, you are allowed to install a backup engine, but you must start from the back of the field, regardless of where you actually qualified.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Well “The Beast” is going to take a lap. DJT attending is unlikely with all the needed security but who knows for sure.
I'd like to see that too, never been done before, but Trump has the cajones to do it.
Reagan was there in 81' and 84' to start the race, so was GWB in 2004.
But neither of them went out onto the track.

2-old-4-this

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to be an almost rabid NASCAR fan.
In recent years, the changes they've made have ruined it for me, to the point where I haven't watched a race in at least a few years. A few laps here and there, if I'm desperate for something to watch.
That being said; Trump as grand marshall, and "The Beast" taking a lap? I'll be watching!

Barry

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to be an almost rabid NASCAR fan.
In recent years, the changes they've made have ruined it for me, to the point where I haven't watched a race in at least a few years. A few laps here and there, if I'm desperate for something to watch.
That being said; Trump as grand marshall, and "The Beast" taking a lap? I'll be watching!

Barry
They only make changes if Jimmy Johnson wins a Championship.

2-old-4-this

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched most of the Xfinity(?) race today.
Showing my age, I still refer to it as the Busch series.
I was hoping to see that Joe Nemechek, "Trump 2020" car.
I saw his name in the field rundown, but I never saw the car on screen once. Is Fox Sports anti-Trump?
Granted, it's not like Joe was contending for the win, but still...not one good shot of the car?

Barry

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Judge Jeanine Pirro was riding in the pace car at the Xfinity Series race, while Greg Biffle was driving, she talked to fans and met up with Joe Nemechek, he showed his Trump/Pence 2020 paint scheme.
Everybody is stoked for the appearance of DJT and The Beast [thumbsup]

Top Bottom