• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2020 Multitool Thread

Are those Gerbers made in China?

I lost my Wave clearing some land last summer, dropped it in a thicket of weeds and bittersweet. Even a metal detector couldn't find it. I have the Surge but it's actually too big and heavy to wear every day.

I’ve used the original Leatherman Wave for years. Pre locking screwdriver blades. I have a backup still in the box that I’ve had for years. Twice I’ve sent them in for a broken blade, (the blade broke where that square little stop is stamped int it) and a gummed up phillips head. Both replaced with new ones under warranty no questions asked.

Are those Gerbers made in China?

I lost my Wave clearing some land last summer, dropped it in a thicket of weeds and bittersweet. Even a metal detector couldn't find it. I have the Surge but it's actually too big and heavy to wear every day.

I went with the 800 originally because it was one of a few made by Gerber in the USA. That was 5 years ago now, not sure if still the case.
For the price, I'm guessing maybe so.

Ya but those are for $200 and up.
I only want to pay $170. (skinflint)
maybe I’m searching for the wrong model…

Just an update for all those who buy the cheap knockoffs..
Broke the pliers on my Skeletool and E-Mailed Leatherman,
They Gave me an RO. Pay shipping to them.
Sent it off and I had it back as fresh as the day I bought it
About a 8 week turn around
So go ahead and Buy that crap..I'll stick with Leatherman

Biff Leatherman (seen below) is anti-gun. Like stupidly rabidly anti-gun.

3wlO3ww.gif

Back
Top Bottom