2020 Fishing thread

Where is the Chu?
No it's local. I don't think you're technically supposed to fish there. It's not marked very well though. I make sure the kids don't leave as much as a sunflower seed behind. And I haven't been told to not to yet.

As expected, the Quabbin is closed "indefinitely." In other words, likely for the season. No refunds will be given for season passes. They got me on that one after they closed following 9/11, because of course the next logical target was an obscure reservoir in central MA. Call your reps and complain, because your choice of recreation is next.

I thought it was opening. I swore I saw something that it was open as of 2 weeks ago. Ah. They pushed until May 9. I can still see that. . . to an extent. We aren't far enough along on this curve yet. At least not as far as the state government wants it to be.

Gotta get my boat into Assy ASAP before they change their minds. LOL.

As expected, the Quabbin is closed "indefinitely." In other words, likely for the season. No refunds will be given for season passes. They got me on that one after they closed following 9/11, because of course the next logical target was an obscure reservoir in central MA. Call your reps and complain, because your choice of recreation is next.

Wait a minute? You have to buy a pass for a specific body of water that nobody actually owns?

Wait a minute? You have to buy a pass for a specific body of water that nobody actually owns?
No, you do not have to buy a season pass; theoretically it will save you money. You can pay each day only when you are there (I think it's $8). They closed the water after 9/11 and also after a fake zebra mussel scare. No refunds to anyone. They really don't want anyone on our water.

They got me on that one after they closed following 9/11, because of course the next logical target was an obscure reservoir in central MA.

Yea, I got caught when they closed Barre Falls for hunting season after 9-11. Inconceivable that they wanted to protect the waterways by eliminating citizens with licenses and guns walking in the woods. That lasted a week or so until someone got their head out of their.....

Do any of you guys have tips for spring crappie? I’ve only ever caught crappie accidentally while fishing for bass

I thought it was opening. I swore I saw something that it was open as of 2 weeks ago. Ah. They pushed until May 9. I can still see that. . . to an extent. We aren't far enough along on this curve yet. At least not as far as the state government wants it to be.

Too late....Bastards.

The opening of Fishing Boat Launch Areas on Quabbin Reservoir are delayed until further notice. This includes parking, launching of private boats and the rental of fishing boats. In addition, all appointments for boat decontamination have been cancelled. New dates for decontamination appointments will be made once a date has been set for the opening of the Launch Areas.

Quabbin Reservoir Fishing Guide

Do you fish with a fly rod? If you do small black poppers will just be hammered all day long.

Attachments

• pop.JPG
    pop.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 8
Are the shad running in the CT river all ready
How far up the river did you catch that one. I would like to get out and catch some shad on the fly

The new Quabbin update.

Bob

2020 Boat Launch Area Update
The three Quabbin Reservoir Fishing Boat Launch Areas will open for the 2020 fishing season on Thursday May 21, 2020 at 6:00 a.m. At this time, only private boats with intact Quabbin Boat Seals brought by a car registered in Massachusetts will be allowed. No rentals - boat, motor, canoe, or kayak - will be available. Cash or electronic payments will be accepted, as well as a 2020 Quabbin Fishing Season Parking Pass.

In accordance with Governor Baker's order of May 6, 2020, all customers must wear face coverings when launching and retrieving boats and when interacting with DCR staff. Please be aware that check-in and launching procedures have been changed to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Please follow all staff instructions.

If you had a previous boat decontamination appointment that was cancelled you will be contacted by DCR to reschedule.

Quabbin Reservoir Fishing Guide

My SIL rented a kayak on-base in WBF, Missouri yesterday. Rental place told him to keep it and they'll pick it up on Monday. He was out in a local pond all day yesterday. Caught many fish with his Whopper Plopper. I was jelly.

Hopefully will get out Sun or Mon. Hell, I don't even know if the motor will turn over. LOL

Back
Top Bottom