2020 Fishing thread

I might pull the boat out in 2 weeks and get it stickered before I leave for FL over April Vacation. That way I can drop the boat into the pond as soon as I get back. See if I can find some early-season lunkers. I've never had any luck.

I spent the 18th of Feb until March 2nd Fishing at Schoodic Lake, in Brownville, Me. Came home with three togue (Lake Trout).
I will be heading back up there when the lake opens to fly fish the area waters. We plan on getting into Baxter this year.

I think I've been ice fishing once in my life. And it definitely wasn't in a cozy tent like that. Just out in the elements sitting on a milk crate with a few buddies with nothing but whiskey to keep us warm. I like that sheltered setup though. I would do that.

I think I've been ice fishing once in my life. And it definitely wasn't in a cozy tent like that. Just out in the elements sitting on a milk crate with a few buddies with nothing but whiskey to keep us warm. I like that sheltered setup though. I would do that.
It's pretty heavy. I only bring it out if I have the kids or I'm going to be night fishing. It's not bad if I have the four wheeler to pull all the gear.

Mid morning today hooked the biggest large mouth I’ve ever caught ( well almost), line cut/ broke as I was lifting him up:mad: didn’t have my net!!!
He also took my favorite creature bait !

came home and my neighbors kid crashed his drone on the hood of my car, dents and scrapes down to metal, yes needs to go to Autobody !

then got a treble hook stuck in finger, beyond the barb, winced like a little bitch getting it out

i don’t have the virus, my wife cooked dinner... so pretty good day 🤙

Bob King

nice, really nice!
beauties ! I hope you can feel my jealousy ![hmmm]

those fish are out of my league, apparently
thank you for giving a visual, to help me remember why I’m there , rather than wondering how much cash & time Im piddling* away 👍

A few days ago got me fired up and I started tying some early season trout flys if the weather finely get warms again I will be out

That picture looks like it is the back water area of the Conn. River in Hinsdale, NH across from the lumber yard.

LOL...thanks Fishertech. It's been years since I've fished NH. Most of the places I fish are in Maine, which are overnighters. I'm looking for more day trips now.

View attachment 342378
Bald Pate, only one trolling but a smile that’s worth it.

Nothing better than that smile. Reminds me of when I was a kid and my dad took me fishing.

I Always looked forward to opening day. I can remember freezing my ass off on opening day and watching the ice build up in the eyelets of the rod. I loved every minute of it.

Bob

Nothing better than that smile. Reminds me of when I was a kid and my dad took me fishing.

I Always looked forward to opening day. I can remember freezing my ass off on opening day and watching the ice build up in the eyelets of the rod. I loved every minute of it.

Bob

Yeah, Remember the planning for "Opening day"? It was like waiting for Christmas. Then Mass. did away with Opening day. I heard many reasons, but I think that it was the intent to create more license sales. Many of the Guys I worked with (Mass NRO's then EPO"s) all said how they used enjoy the opening day energy.

Back
Top Bottom