• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2020 Fishing thread

Currently having better luck catching mackerel than I am catching stripers from the beach. No keeper sized fish landed. Haven't used the green crab trap yet. I've dragged a bunch of them up with a crab pattern fly though. :confused: Tried fishing off some rocks but no fish. The Korkers with carbide spikes worked extremely well for scrambling over the seaweed covered rocks.

Spent 3 hours canoeing the Concord river with the wife yesterday tossing some lines. Water was muddy as hell due to Saturday rain. Tough fishing. Also the river was a highway if kayakers and canoes was fun to see.

Spent 3 hours canoeing the Concord river with the wife yesterday tossing some lines. Water was muddy as hell due to Saturday rain. Tough fishing. Also the river was a highway if kayakers and canoes was fun to see.

Fishing has been rough. The kids have been catching a ton of hornpout at the local hole, though.

Bagged several bass on the Plopper and spinner bait today. A 3lb Smallie took. my plopper as I was taking it out of the water. Then I lost a 4+ on the spinner.

I went to a pond in the woods and the bass were just not holding onto my frog except this one at 3lbs. I had another one from the same spot in this pond and it was a lot bigger, but got off in the lilypads.

Px8cRCQ.jpg

Then I went out last week and got this 3lb 10 oz bass.

ctZwa3b.jpeg

I also got this 2lb the same day.

goOdOvE.jpg

Went out for probably the last time of the season yesterday am.
caught 4 decent Sammies. The leak in my boat is getting a bit worse, so I think it’s a weld issue. The trolling motor battery starts to go. I’m 1/4 mike from home. So I pop on the outboard. No water flowing thru it. Arrghhh!!! 10 years I’ve owned this boat. Nothing but issues. Pontoon next year. This may never see me in it again.

And we pulled the boat today. Season is over for 2020. Looking fwd to my kids being home next year and having my new pontoon.

Back
Top Bottom