2020 Democratic Party Platform Declares Total War on Second Amendment Rights

The platform is obviously troublesome and is one of the reasons there is almost no ammunition available with prices for whatever is left going up every day. That said, there are not enough votes in the Senate to approve any of those things with the possible exception of universal background checks. This is true because there are at least five Democratic Senators who cannot possibly vote for these things if they have any hope of being reelected. This will be true even if the Senate flips (which it won't!).

The platform is obviously troublesome and is one of the reasons there is almost no ammunition available with prices for whatever is left going up every day. That said, there are not enough votes in the Senate to approve any of those things with the possible exception of universal background checks. This is true because there are at least five Democratic Senators who cannot possibly vote for these things if they have any hope of being reelected. This will be true even if the Senate flips (which it won't!).
Even if the Democrats don't take the majority in the senate, we still have people like Romney, who is a pure RINO, and Collins who can't be trusted and I do not trust any of the Republican women in the senate on guns because it's always women who will get flaky.

So long as the Republicans hold the majority any gun bill will require 60 votes to pass and that's unlikely. Even UBC's I don't see getting passed unless it's part of some massive spending bill.

If it ends up with a Dem majority kiss it all goodbye.

These ideas are completely full of Swiss cheese and garbage commie logic obviously.... but I can't get my head around their fixation on online ammunition sales at all or what it means. I haven't yet been able to find anything that explains the idea or implementation.

Ie so they ban online ammo sales, we must ship to an FFL or some lesser licensee type who can transfer ammo (who will then spring up all over I'm sure)... Ok whatever- what the hell is that accomplishing? An ID check?

Is this just some thing to appease states like MA and CA where they did their best to block the practice and failed? Probably 90% of the county doesn't bat an eye at the practice, nor is it a high runner in the media. I just don't see how it makes the list.

Even if the Democrats don't take the majority in the senate, we still have people like Romney, who is a pure RINO, and Collins who can't be trusted and I do not trust any of the Republican women in the senate on guns because it's always women who will get flaky.

So long as the Republicans hold the majority any gun bill will require 60 votes to pass and that's unlikely. Even UBC's I don't see getting passed unless it's part of some massive spending bill.

If it ends up with a Dem majority kiss it all goodbye.

The commie dems can start kissing themselves goodbye......along with their supporters.....because thats when the bullets start flying.

If you kiss anything goodbye, it should be your loved ones as you walk out the door armed to the teeth going on a
"hunting trip".

The commie dems can start kissing themselves goodbye......along with their supporters.....because thats when the bullets start flying.

If you kiss anything goodbye, it should be your loved ones as you walk out the door armed to the teeth going on a
"hunting trip".
As part of their firearms training, I showed my little girls a photo of Charles Whitman and a photo of the scoped 6mm Remington 700 ADL rifle that he used with devastating effectiveness. Mute testimony to the effectiveness of well-aimed rifle fire. If we have to start shooting American Communists, at least they will be well-trained in marksmanship.

As part of their firearms training, I showed my little girls a photo of Charles Whitman and a photo of the scoped 6mm Remington 700 ADL rifle that he used with devastating effectiveness. Mute testimony to the effectiveness of well-aimed rifle fire. If we have to start shooting American Communists, at least they will be well-trained in marksmanship.

Hope it's not "too soon" for anyone.

One reason to want to keep the Senate in republican hands is to prevent the democrats from slowing down Trump's judicial nominees. If Ginsburg croaks and democrats control the senate, the vitriol will make the Kavanaugh hearing look like a sleepover.
If Ginsburg croaks (or retires) when Donks control the Senate,
Trump won't get a replacement passed at all.
But as I asked someplace else online,
what are the strategic consequences of an 8-justice court
composed of the current non-RBG members?

I know that the tie-breaker is to leave the lower court's ruling intact.
That happens from time to time when a single justices recuses themselves.

But how would that court behave politically?
Who would gain or lose power as swing voters?
Etc...

If Ginsburg croaks (or retires) when Donks control the Senate,
Trump won't get a replacement passed at all.
But as I asked someplace else online,
what are the strategic consequences of an 8-justice court
composed of the current non-RBG members?

I know that the tie-breaker is to leave the lower court's ruling intact.
That happens from time to time when a single justices recuses themselves.

But how would that court behave politically?
Who would gain or lose power as swing voters?
Etc...

Suppose RBG dies shortly after the election the senate could only delay a nomination by 1 election cycle (2 years). One congress cannot bind another congress so it would be imperative to retake the senate. They can't hold back forever, but they can delay it forever with investigations that rise to the level of a constitutional crisis over which direction the nominee installs a new roll of toilet paper in their home or the macaroni pictures they made in 1st grade. Better to not surrender the senate.

By the way, I honestly believe that the democrats are doing a bait and switch on the American people. They are tossing creepy sleepy Joe under the bus as a non viable candidate but behind the scenes are working very hard to reclaim both house of congress and render Trump a lame duck for 4 years. They know they are going to lose the presidency in November so they are doing the next best thing, taking congress.

One reason to want to keep the Senate in republican hands is to prevent the democrats from slowing down Trump's judicial nominees. If Ginsburg croaks and democrats control the senate, the vitriol will make the Kavanaugh hearing look like a sleepover.

That is important, but will be irrelevant when it comes time to killing commies wholesale.

We are at a tipping point in this country that hasn't been seen since the mid/late 1700's. Those who love and enjoy freedom are NOT giving it up. Those who have lived and still live under tyranny had better gear up and prepare to start filling graves......this is not a game.

That is important, but will be irrelevant when it comes time to killing commies wholesale.

We are at a tipping point in this country that hasn't been seen since the mid/late 1700's. Those who love and enjoy freedom are NOT giving it up. Those who have lived and still live under tyranny had better gear up and prepare to start filling graves......this is not a game.

I've had just about enough of this bullshit.

Suppose RBG dies shortly after the election the senate could only delay a nomination by 1 election cycle (2 years). One congress cannot bind another congress so it would be imperative to retake the senate. They can't hold back forever, but they can delay it forever with investigations that rise to the level of a constitutional crisis over which direction the nominee installs a new roll of toilet paper in their home or the macaroni pictures they made in 1st grade. Better to not surrender the senate.
Agreed that it only lasts until 1/3rd of the Senate goes up for re-election again.
But in theory it doesn't have to be two solid years of hearings and hairballs.

The Senate could just hold pro-forma hearings and then slam the nominee of the day,
ad infinitum, ad nauseum. It might not play well in Peoria, but Congress is nothing if not self-important.

Similarly, a re-elected Trump could nominate one conservative candidate per day,
never trying to shift to the center. That also might not play well in some quarters.

But gridlock is constitutional.

By the way, I honestly believe that the democrats are doing a bait and switch on the American people. They are tossing creepy sleepy Joe under the bus as a non viable candidate but behind the scenes are working very hard to reclaim both house of congress and render Trump a lame duck for 4 years. They know they are going to lose the presidency in November so they are doing the next best thing, taking congress.
Interesting angle, interesting gamble.

Democrats and a few Republicans are repugnant.
More than a few Republicans. MOST are repugnant, and only pander to you because they need your vote. They hate you but unlike the Marxist Dems, they're too cowardly to say it to your face and instead conspire against you behind closed doors. Of course in MA, there aren't ANY national-level Republican officeholders anyway but even in deep red parts of the country, there are national Republicans who seem ready to surrender/sell us out at the first opportunity. I give you Lindsey Graham as exhibit A. I swear that guy's T-levels are lower than most women.

After the 2014 election there were more Republicans in the House of Representatives and the Senate combined than at any point since Harry Truman was President. This majority was largely still intact after Trump was elected in 2016. What did they do to roll back past 2A infringements? Nada. Trump doesn't really give a rat's ass about 2A either, but he at least has the political instinct to know its an issue that is important to his base, so he has (at least outwardly) championed it.

What's the solution to this? Its us. We're the ONLY solution and I don't mean simply by voting. There's no time left to just individually stockpile guns and ammo and then to just sit and hope things get better. We have to get together as a group, show up at the town council meetings, the school committee meetings and if they still refuse to listen, our local representatives' HOUSES until they listen. BLM, ANTIFA and the like have gotten where they are by forcing people in positions of power to listen to them because they've threatened the livelihoods and power structures of those people. Two can play at that game, and we MUST play that game.

The Visigoths are basically coming over the wall now and we're out of time. Conservative click-baiting isn't going to save what's left of America. We have to control the narrative and force the other side to defend their indefensible ideas. Until now, we've allowed them to control the narrative, and in doing so they've essentially already done away with 1A via control over big tech. 2A will be next unless we say no ALOT, and force our representatives at all levels - pubic and private - to do the same.

If RBG dies and Trump is still President and the senate is still Republican the Floyd riots will look like a peaceful protest. ComProg sleeper agents will be activated, utility infrastructure will be attacked (both physically and cyber), the Democrat cities will all be burning, and Trump is not going to have a choice using the Insurrection Act.

The ComProgs have relied on the Judicial branch for decades to be their retaining wall to keep their policies in place even when they're not controlling the White House or Congress. 4 more years of Trump and another SCOTUS justice (maybe two if Breyer falls apart) and it'll take them 50 years to recover.

I can see Sen. Hirono from Hawaii in the hearings for Trump's 3rd SCOTUS nominee...

"I was provided this evidence from your kindergarten teacher that you once drew this picture of what appears to be a girl with a banana peel on her head and below it says, "grilz r stinkeee." Would you care to explain to the American people how a misogynist should be the next justice on the Supreme Court?"

"Senator, I don't remember drawing..."

"It has your name written on the top of the paper."

"Anyone could have forged..."

"I yield my time."

If RBG dies and Trump is still President and the senate is still Republican the Floyd riots will look like a peaceful protest. ComProg sleeper agents will be activated, utility infrastructure will be attacked (both physically and cyber), the Democrat cities will all be burning, and Trump is not going to have a choice using the Insurrection Act.

The ComProgs have relied on the Judicial branch for decades to be their retaining wall to keep their policies in place even when they're not controlling the White House or Congress. 4 more years of Trump and another SCOTUS justice (maybe two if Breyer falls apart) and it'll take them 50 years to recover.

This is why I voted for Trump. Replacing the retiring activist judges from the bench and flipping the judiciary to one that hopefully and I still mean hopefully, takes interpreting the constitution rigorously rather than sticking a wet thumb in the wind.

This is why I voted for Trump. Replacing the retiring activist judges from the bench and flipping the judiciary to one that hopefully and I still mean hopefully, takes interpreting the constitution rigorously rather than sticking a wet thumb in the wind.
Thinking about it, if Trump wins and gets another nominee, it will flip the court, possibly so much so that Roberts, in a bid to save his "legacy" will also retire so that way he has no ties to future rulings that will damage his perceived legacy.

That's plenty enough to hold my nose and vote Trump if I was in a swing state and I think a lot of these New Yorkers who fled the city months ago, people who are going to be leaving California with all that's happening there now are going to states that Trump needs to win and they are going to vote against what they're leaving. Arizona, Pennslyvania, and Florida are must wins for Trump and those are states that the refugees are going to.

As an aside, 2A is not the only right the D'Rats want to jettison: Washington Wednesday - Democrats nix religion as a civil right - WORLD Radio Blog
In 2016, the platform language said, quote, “Democrats will always fight discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, language, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.” End quote.

The platform language this year is nearly identical, but with one very notable omission: religion. Democrats have dropped religion as one of the categories considered worthy of protection, when it comes to civil rights and discrimination.

That’s a significant change. The Civil Rights Act of 1964 specifically mentions religion as one of the categories that must be considered when protecting Americans from discrimination.
Rights? Who needs rights! Ve vill tell you vat rights you vill have, and you vill like it!

Thinking about it, if Trump wins and gets another nominee, it will flip the court, possibly so much so that Roberts, in a bid to save his "legacy" will also retire so that way he has no ties to future rulings that will damage his perceived legacy.

That's plenty enough to hold my nose and vote Trump if I was in a swing state and I think a lot of these New Yorkers who fled the city months ago, people who are going to be leaving California with all that's happening there now are going to states that Trump needs to win and they are going to vote against what they're leaving. Arizona, Pennslyvania, and Florida are must wins for Trump and those are states that the refugees are going to.

Imagine how much the left would be defanged if RBG and Breyer died and Roberts retired. A 7-2 court, holy smokes. Gun control would be dead for generations maybe even forever. Future generations would thank us for saving civil liberties.

Imagine how much the left would be defanged if RBG and Breyer died and Roberts retired. A 7-2 court, holy smokes. Gun control would be dead for generations maybe even forever. Future generations would thank us for saving civil liberties.
They will expand the court to pack it if that happened at the first opportunity to do so.

That's why I said it would be all out war. The Dems pulled out every stop they could think of short of calling Kavanaugh a human trafficking child molester. It would be beyond that, Sorrs would have Antifa and BLM rioting all over DC. Molotovs everywhere, probably car bombings... it'd look like Baghdad.

It's unlikely Breyer would be gone before Trump's term is up and his health seems to be fine. If he caught corona tho he'd be a goner.

Kamala Harris Completes Joe Biden’s Anti-Freedom Ticket
by A1F Staff - Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Ca.) was announced as presumptive Democratic Party nominee Joe Biden’s running mate on Tuesday for the 2020 U.S. presidential election.

“I have the great honor to announce that I’ve picked [Kamala Harris], a fearless fighter for the little guy, and one of the country’s finest public servants, as my running mate,” tweeted Biden.

Harris, like Biden, doesn’t like your constitutional right to keep and bear arms. While running for the very position Joe Biden is poised to secure, Harris confirmed in a debate last September that she would take executive action within her first 100 days in office to ban the “imports and AR-15 assault weapons,” as moderator David Muir had mislabeled these popular semi-automatic rifles.

Harris’ website also declares her intent to implement “universal background checks, and assault weapons ban and the repeal of the NRA’s corporate gun manufacturer immunity shield,” if Congress fails to do so within her first 100 days in office.

Perhaps most troubling of those is Harris’ final point: She intends to repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA). The PLCAA was enacted to protect the firearms industry from frivolous lawsuits designed to functionally bankrupt firearms manufacturers. It does not protect firearms manufacturers or dealers if they break the law, or from normal product-liability claims. It simply stops them from being held liable if a criminal illegally misuses their products.

Like Biden, she is not hiding her disdain for your rights. While serving as San Francisco’s district attorney, she was joined by other district attorneys in an amicus brief filed in the landmark case, District of Columbia v. Heller (2008)—the case in which the U.S. Supreme Court confirmed that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to keep and bear arms. The amicus brief (or “friend of the court” brief) Harris signed on to was in support of limiting your Second Amendment rights. Thankfully, the U.S. Supreme Court disagreed with her.

This puts Harris in step with Biden and his anti-gun agenda, as well as his constant attacks on the NRA. Just last week, Biden tweeted: “Weapons of war have no place in our communities. When I was a senator, I took on the [National Rifle Association] and secured a 10-year ban on assault weapons – and as president, I’ll ban these weapons again,” referring to the egregious and improperly named “Federal Assault Weapons Ban” that sunset in 2004.

“[Harris’] promotion of anti-gun policies, as perplexing as some of them may be, should cause concern for all law-abiding gun owners,” wrote the NRA Institute for Legislative Action last fall, while Harris was campaigning for the very position Joe Biden is set to take.

Politicians, like Harris, Biden and New York Attorney General Letitita James are stepping up their efforts and attacks on this nation’s oldest civil-rights organization, your NRA. Biden’s selection of Harris as his running mate should come as no surprise given her outright disdain for the Second Amendment and the NRA. Freedom is clearly on the ballot, and your vote matters this fall.

The comments on an article in Volokh Conspiracy wrt PLCAA - the law preventing frivolous lawsuits against gun manufacturers and seller - are actually useful this time. Yesterday, there was a legal webinar on the PLCAA that was characterized by one comment or as an organizational and educational course on how to litigate against gun manufacturers and sellers - how to sneak around the PLCAA law, like the Newtown/Remington lawsuit.

The notion that gun manufacturers who just dump million of guns on the street should be liable for negligence lawsuits is the position gun control advocates like to spread. Commenters respond that ALL guns made and sold to the civilian populous are sold by regulated FFLs but challengers consider them complicit in the negligence.

Can you sue GM if a licensed driver runs over your kid with a registered car? Of course not. But it’s what people will believe and accept that drives the issue. CDC’s Top 20 causes of death/injury by state list only 17 causes for NH - with firearms and machinery almost tied for last place. Lawncare machinery and guns just as dangerous - who’d of thunk it? Both have safety features, labeling (warnings engraved on guns) and instruction manuals with pp 1-10 all legal warnings and pp 11-12 on how to operate the gun or machinery.

Yet people are worried that I’m shooting a silenced 22lr rifle 1/4mi away from our neighborhood or that there are tree stands & hunters 1/3mi away. What if an errant shot goes off? But their small children ride bikes and scooters on our neighborhood streets where they could be run down or bash their heads on granite - we have granite everything here. And go home where toxic pesticides, herbicides and cleaners are kept just our of easy reach. Pools to drown in, sleds to ride on and bash their heads into granite - did I say we have granite everywhere in NH?

So, it’s the acceptance and perception of risk and liability that drives people’s thinking. If you don’t like guns, gun manufacturers with deep pockets should pay if a COVID-released criminal shoots somebody with a gun stolen and bought on the streets.

Back
Top Bottom