• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2020 CMP M1 Garand Clinic OCSA , SEASON is OVER

Yup. Got it last Monday....it's a little snug 🍔🍟🍕🥃🍸🍷🍻🍺
I lost 20 lbs since I got my jacket. Did it in the off season. Was not even thinking about jacket fit. Now its a bit loose. Although that weight has been creeping back with all this down time

So...how’s June looking? I think I might be trying to come back for a visit early/mid month? I don’t want to bring TOO many rifles...but I suppose ten would be just as risky as one?

Oddly enough, my Class A large capacity permit is still showing as valid in the portal (And yes, I notified everyone).

I think I’ll still play it on the safe said and not carry concealed, but definitely going to act dumb (minus the act) if I get nipped for bringing 100 year old rifles back behind the iron curtain.

So...how’s June looking? I think I might be trying to come back for a visit early/mid month? I don’t want to bring TOO many rifles...but I suppose ten would be just as risky as one?

Oddly enough, my Class A large capacity permit is still showing as valid in the portal (And yes, I notified everyone).

I think I’ll still play it on the safe said and not carry concealed, but definitely going to act dumb (minus the act) if I get nipped for bringing 100 year old rifles back behind the iron curtain.
Im not holding my breath. Right now its 50 people max appointments on weekends and its every other bench.
Rifle house is closed. I dont see it changing intil july/aug
Another club I go to is still closed as they dont want any town or state officials poking around

Im not holding my breath. Right now its 50 people max appointments on weekends and its every other bench.
Rifle house is closed. I dont see it changing intil july/aug
Another club I go to is still closed as they dont want any town or state officials poking around
Members only as well??:(

If a match opens up, I'd assume open to anyone as is the norm. If a match is schedule.

By the time they do have matches, I'll probably be recovering from knee surgery and be out for a while. :(

Hope to be in decent enough shape to go to Vermont in Sept.

If a match opens up, I'd assume open to anyone as is the norm. If a match is schedule.

By the time they do have matches, I'll probably be recovering from knee surgery and be out for a while. :(

I wrote off the entire year already, all is good if things change but Im not holding my breath

I wrote off the entire year already, all is good if things change but Im not holding my breath

Man, this is gonna be AWESOME!!! I can finally beat both of you (if you have a tendency to get 'rusty'?!?!)

P.S. if you don't show up, you automatically score a -100...that aught to cover me.

Man, this is gonna be AWESOME!!! I can finally beat both of you (if you have a tendency to get 'rusty'?!?!)

P.S. if you don't show up, you automatically score a -100...that aught to cover me.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

Didn't you get a hell of a score last time you showed up?

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

Didn't you get a hell of a score last time you showed up?

my rifle cheated :D

doesn't count though because Mac showed up 'late' to test some of his reloading room floor sweepings loads and started shooting as soon as we were done. technically I feel like I still could have lost that day.

I LOVE IT!!! Got to use it in a XTC match a couple of weekends ago and it really helped in off-hand. Not sure how 'improved' my score is, because I don't have any other matches to compare it to.

Oddly enough though, my coat showed up on the bigger side...so now I basically CAN'T go on a diet or my coat won't fit any more :D I got the taper fit, and it seems like I nailed the measurements except for the sleeves. I guess it's probably better to have them shorter than longer, and the glove definitely makes up for the lack of material in the wrist...so no huge deal.

Got two XTC matches this coming weekend back to back (Saturday and Sunday) at Camp Atterbury, so should have a better report by next week too. Buck for buck though...probably one of the better equipment upgrades I've made to date.

I LOVE IT!!! Got to use it in a XTC match a couple of weekends ago and it really helped in off-hand. Not sure how 'improved' my score is, because I don't have any other matches to compare it to.

Oddly enough though, my coat showed up on the bigger side...so now I basically CAN'T go on a diet or my coat won't fit any more :D I got the taper fit, and it seems like I nailed the measurements except for the sleeves. I guess it's probably better to have them shorter than longer, and the glove definitely makes up for the lack of material in the wrist...so no huge deal.

Got two XTC matches this coming weekend back to back (Saturday and Sunday) at Camp Atterbury, so should have a better report by next week too. Buck for buck though...probably one of the better equipment upgrades I've made to date.
Hoping to get out and try mine soon. Having back issue that flared up after moving heavy sh!t around out in the garage... :rolleyes:

Just got the word from Richard...this Sunday's Modern Military/Garand match is ON like Donkey Kong! Too bad I'm 1000 miles away :(

Just figured I'd put it out there for you guys so you can plan ahead. @mac1911 @Mountain @dw617 @wegman @daekken

Appreciate the head's up. And based on your last score, stay in Indianer. [laugh]

Due to social distancing, @mac1911 , @dw617 , and David H have to shoot the following Sunday. ;) [laugh] The rest of us OK for this Sunday.[rofl]

Also a head's up to @Cableguy355

Reading this trying to figure out who’s who besides Johnny Mac and mountain man is confusing as hell. How many rifles can we bring? I just ordered a case of match grade 120 gn jhp 6.5 Swedish. :) See you all Sunday! Unless your wife says no!

@76Too would be the crayon eater who used to carpool with me from Worcester, and also the smartass always trying to pick fights with Franco. [laugh] . DW would be the HighPower wizard driving the Beemer. Don't know if David H is on the forum but he'd be half of the dynamic duo that get high scores and always go to Butner and Vermont.

I'll be there but just for one match. Figure with the first match of the year, plus any distancing protocols, the day might get long. Plus I am shooting XTC on Saturday. It's a toss up between my M14 and Colt SP1 for Modern Mil. Leaning towards the M14.

I might show up to caugh on your ammo, I aint shooting and might not get to any matches this year depending on the Daughters softball schedule ?
I dont have a clue whats going on....figure the Nov match if Im lucky.

Reading this trying to figure out who’s who besides Johnny Mac and mountain man is confusing as hell. How many rifles can we bring? I just ordered a case of match grade 120 gn jhp 6.5 Swedish. :) See you all Sunday! Unless your wife says no!
bring what ever you want and shoot, If you score well enough well then you brought the wrong rifles , no trinkets for you!

Back
Top Bottom