2020-2021 Patriots Mega Thread

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
If the Pats are in the tank I'd be much happier with the Bills winning the division then the Jets or Dolphins....
I find it very hard to root for ANY AFC team other than the Pats. I always used to pick an NFC team to root for back in the "days of suck." I have a similar issue with baseball. If the Red Sox are "in the suck" then I will usually look for a NL team to support in the playoffs.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
So hard to think of the Bills, Jets and Fins as "decent teams." It's been so long for all of them.

And while I don't THINK it will happen, watch Coach Bill pull a rabbit out of his hat. Sure he may not have a surgical passer anymore. But his skill is in coaching a group of guys. He's shown that he can do it no matter who it is. That he can form a team. We shall see if he's lost his luster and/or if Brady was THAT big of an impact or if you can get by with an average-to-above-average QB and the same Belichick system. (Worked with Garappalo and Bledsoe.)

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
So hard to think of the Bills, Jets and Fins as "decent teams." It's been so long for all of them.

And while I don't THINK it will happen, watch Coach Bill pull a rabbit out of his hat. Sure he may not have a surgical passer anymore. But his skill is in coaching a group of guys. He's shown that he can do it no matter who it is. That he can form a team. We shall see if he's lost his luster and/or if Brady was THAT big of an impact or if you can get by with an average-to-above-average QB and the same Belichick system. (Worked with Garappalo and Bledsoe.)
He needs a couple of rabbits at WR, TE, DL, OL, heck! All over! And he better find them in the draft because he has no money to pay a big contract. He needs to have the very best draft of his life.

nastynatural

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. —
Retired New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski has reportedly told the team he's interested in coming out of retirement to play football again.

However, Gronk doesn't want to play any future games at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, but rather the sunshine in Tampa, Florida.

TLB

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. —
Retired New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski has reportedly told the team he's interested in coming out of retirement to play football again.

However, Gronk doesn't want to play any future games at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, but rather the sunshine in Tampa, Florida.
It's official.

I'll be rooting for both teams anyway. Win-win

peterk123

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
My wife is a huge Brady fan. So I enjoy torturing her about he is over rated, just to piss her off. I'm back on top baby! See, Brady knew he was f'd going there so now he needs to bring his old team with him. Next thing you know Edelman will be announcing a move. Oh, and Antonio Brown. Probably would have heard of a Presidential pardon too if a certain someone still graced this planet. Bahahaha :)

Blackmore

NES Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Holy crap. Buy a Champion athletic shirt at Target for eight bucks. By some numbers and letters online on amazon for another ten bucks, sew them on and call it a day. No wonder people don't have a pot to piss in, buying shit like this :)
It's where the money is. When Cristiano Ronaldo signed with Juventus in 2018, 520,000 Juventus jerseys with his name were sold within 24 hours of being offered at an estimated value of nearly $64,000,000 US.

dans

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
So the big question is: what was it about the Patriots that Gronk didn’t like and was willing to retire over?

I don’t follow the draft but does this move put the Pats in a better or worse position?

Fixxah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Frees up some cap space I believe. And they gave up a 7th rounder with gronk to get a 4th. Who knows what will actually happen though. Only BB knows.

Top Bottom