2020-2021 Patriots Mega Thread

TLB

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Patriots' facility shut down again due to positive COVID-19 test

The NFL is shutting down the New England Patriots training facility again.

An additional Patriots player tested positive for COVID-19 during Saturday's round of testing causing the facility to be shut down as a precaution, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports.

The NFL shut down the New England Patriots' practice facility Sunday, despite the team having three straight days without a positive COVID-19 test.

The Patriots worked remotely Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Cam Newton, Stephon Gilmore and defensive tackle Bill Murray are on the team's reserve/COVID-19 list.

This will be the team's third shutdown in the last 10 days. Patriots quarterback Cam Newton s positive COVID test last week resulted in the Patriots-Chiefs game being pushed to Monday night. After the game, a 26-10 loss to Kansas City, cornerback Stephon Gilmore also tested positive.

The Patriots currently are awaiting direction from the league on any potential impact on Monday night's game against the Denver Broncos, according to Pelissero.
Game pushed to next week

TLB

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some people will never be over it. Brady has a lot of weapons in TB in addition to Gronk. Good for both of them.

Cam Newton, if he doesn't get injured and can recover from the WuFlu will fit in well with the current team. He's more mobile than Brady, which is an asset.

Hoyer is Hoyer, but he was especially Hoyer on Sunday. I hope we didn't see the real Stidham because that was not good at all.
Stidham looked better than Hoyer. I'd like to see more of him in a real game as the starter. Of course, now Cam will probably be back for Denver.

TC McQuade

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Game pushed to next week
Yup

Starting defensive tackle Byron Cowart will be placed on the Patriots' COVID-19/reserve list Sunday afternoon after his positive test, Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio reports.

Cowart will join quarterback Cam Newton, practice squad defensive tackle Bill Murray and cornerback Stephon Gilmore on the team's COVID-19/reserve list.

According to Florio, there's speculation Cowart caught the virus from Murray in a defensive line meeting. The Patriots haven't had in-person meetings since Friday, Oct. 2, but the incubation period for COVID-19 can last up to 14 days.

Cowart also traveled to Kansas City last Monday and shared a locker room with Murray and Gilmore, who tested positive early this week. Newton was the first Patriots player to test positive on Oct. 2.

The Patriots' Week 5 game against the Denver Broncos, rescheduled from Sunday to Monday, now has been pushed to Week 6 after Cowart's positive test, per reports.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
what the heck is going on? Looks like Covid 19 took out Cam's throwing arm?

EddieZoom

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
This team is tough to watch....most guys going through the motions...recipe for getting hurt. James White is the only guy who always looks good and makes things happen when he touches the ball. I know they don't have the same talent but some of the play calling is really bad...so predictable.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This team is tough to watch....most guys going through the motions...recipe for getting hurt. James White is the only guy who always looks good and makes things happen when he touches the ball. I know they don't have the same talent but some of the play calling is really bad...so predictable.
a throwaway season.
does this mean the patriots get a top draft pick for next year...being so dismal this year?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just when I thought the Packers looked unstoppable and had a chance to get to the Super Bowl, they got slaughtered.

There's another lost season in the books.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Pats are an 8-8 team. I don't want to hear excuses about how the game got delayed, the practice facility was shut... bull. You're paid athletes, you should not need to practice to be good during gameday.

Newton is not a guy to build the team around for the next 5 years, he's used goods. Stidham... IDK. What I do know is I'm not watching much Pats these days, I tuned in after halftime and saw they had only scored 3 pts and the final score was 12. The Pats offense is dreadful and has been since February 2019.

McDaniels needs to be fired. That's seemingly what he wants.

mousegunfan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I haven't followed them, so I don't know how many players they've had out. I also don't know if they have a new QB with limited practice time with his new team mates.
From the article.
"No, COVID-19 didn’t beat the Titans. Not even close.
It didn’t change their identity or their confidence or their spirit, not even a little bit. They didn’t appear rusty or shorthanded or ill-prepared or anything else we thought they’d be. They were ready."

"Don’t ever let another NFL coach drone on about the need for a good week of practice.
The Tennessee Titans made a surprisingly impressive return to the field after suffering the NFL’s first novel coronavirus outbreak and barely practicing for two weeks. They kept their record unblemished by dominating the Buffalo Bills, 42-16, on Tuesday night in Nashville."

"

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
The Pats are an 8-8 team. I don't want to hear excuses about how the game got delayed, the practice facility was shut... bull. You're paid athletes, you should not need to practice to be good during gameday.

Newton is not a guy to build the team around for the next 5 years, he's used goods. Stidham... IDK. What I do know is I'm not watching much Pats these days, I tuned in after halftime and saw they had only scored 3 pts and the final score was 12. The Pats offense is dreadful and has been since February 2019.

McDaniels needs to be fired. That's seemingly what he wants.
No question they are 8-8 until they find a new decent QB. Cam is a band-aid for a season or two.

The QB doesn't need to be Tom Brady to win champeenships. He needs to at least by Jimmy Grappalappalo though.

Didn't they have ANOTHER Coronaloss yesterday? I might have seen a blurb waiting for AFV to come back on.

TLB

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I haven't followed them, so I don't know how many players they've had out. I also don't know if they have a new QB with limited practice time with his new team mates.
Most of the O line was out and a sub was also injured early. The Titans are a better team that has been together for awhile. Cam only has a handful a games for experience and the Patriots rely on coaching as a bit part of their success.

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Thanks. The doom and gloom always comes from the same people on NES. You can predict it.

Most of the O line was out and a sub was also injured early. The Titans are a better team that has been together for awhile. Cam only has a handful a games for experience and the Patriots rely on coaching as a bit part of their success.

Rocco Mozz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Meh, AB is bad for chemistry on most teams. See what happened with the Steelers, then Pats, now it will happen with Tampa. He has a massive ego. Fournette is banged up, Gronk isn’t producing, but the Buccs will go far until inexperience hampers their playoff run. They’ll have 100 yards forfeited to penalties and choke hard.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 points in one half and people still want to make excuses for the Pats. They suck, their offense without Brady and Gronk sucks. It sucked last year, it's going to suck this year because Cam doesn't know the system, he's got by with the two wins because teams didn't know what Cam and McDaniels would look like, and now they know and are well prepared. I turn this game on halfway thru the 2nd qtr and to see the 49ers are now looking like they'll add six more points and turn this into a 3 possession game at the half and it's clear that the Pats will not make the playoffs this year.

I mean, when your record right now is worse than the Cleveland Browns and the Miami Dolphins, you're done. Pats will be lucky to get to 6-10 this year.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 points in one half and people still want to make excuses for the Pats. They suck, their offense without Brady and Gronk sucks. It sucked last year, it's going to suck this year because Cam doesn't know the system, he's got by with the two wins because teams didn't know what Cam and McDaniels would look like, and now they know and are well prepared. I turn this game on halfway thru the 2nd qtr and to see the 49ers are now looking like they'll add six more points and turn this into a 3 possession game at the half and it's clear that the Pats will not make the playoffs this year.

I mean, when your record right now is worse than the Cleveland Browns and the Miami Dolphins, you're done. Pats will be lucky to get to 6-10 this year.
Screen-Shot-2019-08-20-at-8.49.55-AM.png

Top Bottom