2020-2021 Patriots Mega Thread

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Yeah, that was a big mistake at the end of the half.

But all in all, I think Good Hoyer showed up tonight. His ceiling will never be high, but with the D playing well and Mahomes apparently on quaaludes, it's a surprisingly watchable game so far.

Rocco Mozz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
First half was awesome. Second half I could have lived without. Hoyer just has no composure in the red zone, he’s just a nervous boy with a hot girl in his dad’s cadillac at makeout point trying to close with 0 tact. Then you have Stidham who shows promise but was just facing an overwhelming Chiefs defense smelling blood. He hurried that throw that wasn’t all on Edelman, but then again Edelman was looking downfield overcompensating for lack of involvement in the offense, so he was partially at fault. Can’t blame Stidham for that last bomb to the endzone, I’d take my QB making that play down big any day of the week.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where all my Brady Haters at?

Oh, right, they're in New England, ignoring that he threw five TD passes on Sunday in a vintage Brady comeback. lol
I'm not sure what benefit there would have been to re-signing Brady. Without Gronk and with poor backup offensive linemen and injury prone starting O linemen, the Pats need a mobile QB and Brady isn't it.

I do wonder tho what finally caused Brady to up and leave after 20 years and I think it was signing Antonio Brown, a toxic teammate, and Josh Gordon, AKA The Chimney, when they were known issues and Belichick's hubris got the better of him thinking because he's the Grand Ballcoach that he could take someone like Michael Vick and turn him into a veterinarian. Both those venture's failed and left Brady with nothing.

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm not sure what benefit there would have been to re-signing Brady. Without Gronk and with poor backup offensive linemen and injury prone starting O linemen, the Pats need a mobile QB and Brady isn't it.

I do wonder tho what finally caused Brady to up and leave after 20 years and I think it was signing Antonio Brown, a toxic teammate, and Josh Gordon, AKA The Chimney, when they were known issues and Belichick's hubris got the better of him thinking because he's the Grand Ballcoach that he could take someone like Michael Vick and turn him into a veterinarian. Both those venture's failed and left Brady with nothing.
I think it was more that he was done dealing with BB. Same as to why only Gronk came back after Brady left. IIRC, Josh Gordon stayed in Brady's house with him when he came here, didnt he?

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
First half was awesome. Second half I could have lived without. Hoyer just has no composure in the red zone, he’s just a nervous boy with a hot girl in his dad’s cadillac at makeout point trying to close with 0 tact. Then you have Stidham who shows promise but was just facing an overwhelming Chiefs defense smelling blood. He hurried that throw that wasn’t all on Edelman, but then again Edelman was looking downfield overcompensating for lack of involvement in the offense, so he was partially at fault. Can’t blame Stidham for that last bomb to the endzone, I’d take my QB making that play down big any day of the week.
Should have tried vodka. That works for the hot girl scenario. ;)

Where all my Brady Haters at?

Oh, right, they're in New England, ignoring that he threw five TD passes on Sunday in a vintage Brady comeback. lol
Wait. Who hates Brady???? I mean, forget the "I'm bitter he left" people. Those folks need to go to SF circa lose-Joe-Montana years. (Although Steve Young stepped in quite well.). That was a similar kick in the teeth.

I still think he left so he could prove that it wasn't all Bill Belly. That HE was a major part of the wins they had here. He didn't want to go down in history with that asterisk next to his name. *Great QB, but who wouldn't be under Belichick?

To be honest, Brady gave N/E everything and more. Who else was going to sign him?? He gave a full career of 20 years to the Pats. The fact that he is elsewhere - success or no - is irrelevant to the joy he brought to N/E.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you all daft or willfully misreading the situation?

Tom Brady left because he wasn't offered a contract. He wasn't offered a contract because Bill didn't want a 43 year old QB. That's it. No conspiracy. No mystery. Tom went to TB because Bill didn't want him.

Can we be done with this now?!?

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Week 5. Not bad. My predictions are coming true. These are not MENSA candidates. This is why Basset-ball was locked down.

I guess there's your reason why Bill was double-masked on Monday. LOL

mg42doc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
on Bill's end, the cap number for a 43 year old superstar QB was not defensible given the current cap situation..you'd have to blow up the rest of the team to make it work.

Tom Brady left mostly because of the contract, but the I think opportunity to win without Bill was the icing on the cake.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Maybe. I wonder if Brady would have taken ANOTHER pay cut to keep them OK. Or if he was really done. It's not like he NEEDS the $. But I get it. It's principal.

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Some people will never be over it. Brady has a lot of weapons in TB in addition to Gronk. Good for both of them.

Cam Newton, if he doesn't get injured and can recover from the WuFlu will fit in well with the current team. He's more mobile than Brady, which is an asset.

Hoyer is Hoyer, but he was especially Hoyer on Sunday. I hope we didn't see the real Stidham because that was not good at all.

Are you all daft or willfully misreading the situation?

Tom Brady left because he wasn't offered a contract. He wasn't offered a contract because Bill didn't want a 43 year old QB. That's it. No conspiracy. No mystery. Tom went to TB because Bill didn't want him.

Can we be done with this now?!?

TC McQuade

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Patriots' facility shut down again due to positive COVID-19 test

The NFL is shutting down the New England Patriots training facility again.

An additional Patriots player tested positive for COVID-19 during Saturday's round of testing causing the facility to be shut down as a precaution, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports.

The NFL shut down the New England Patriots' practice facility Sunday, despite the team having three straight days without a positive COVID-19 test.

The Patriots worked remotely Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Cam Newton, Stephon Gilmore and defensive tackle Bill Murray are on the team's reserve/COVID-19 list.

This will be the team's third shutdown in the last 10 days. Patriots quarterback Cam Newton s positive COVID test last week resulted in the Patriots-Chiefs game being pushed to Monday night. After the game, a 26-10 loss to Kansas City, cornerback Stephon Gilmore also tested positive.

The Patriots currently are awaiting direction from the league on any potential impact on Monday night's game against the Denver Broncos, according to Pelissero.

Last edited:

Baby Billy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people will never be over it. Brady has a lot of weapons in TB in addition to Gronk. Good for both of them.

Cam Newton, if he doesn't get injured and can recover from the WuFlu will fit in well with the current team. He's more mobile than Brady, which is an asset.

Hoyer is Hoyer, but he was especially Hoyer on Sunday. I hope we didn't see the real Stidham because that was not good at all.
Gronk is barely Gronk anymore.

Top Bottom