2020-2021 Patriots Mega Thread

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
With a decimated DL???? I think BB is good, but I'm not sure he's THAT good to shore up the D after losing key guys to no-go-Corono.

BTW - did you all know that hte NFL tests all players and personnel DAILY???? At $50 a pop, that's 200+ tests per day, per team. From July 15 to . . . let's say 12/31. 175 days. 1.75M for testing costs. Per team. Wow!

MarlboroughMan

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's revisit this in January. Pat's will have 6 wins.
Not a lot of logic in that comment (unless Newton goes down... which of course is possible... but most teams that lose their starting QB are in trouble). You sound like Max Kellerman. Some day you'll be right but not likely this year.

mousegunfan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
He can run on Miami, lets see what happens vs a real football team this week. I see 6 straight loses until they get to the jets.

Last edited:

mg42doc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If Bill Belichick can coach this team to 8-8 or 9-7 he should be coach of the year. The first half of the schedule is absolutely brutal.

the WR corps has to be the worst in the league. Unless newton develops a real rapport with some of these young guys its going to be painful to watch when they get behind. Look for a lot of trick plays.

I do like the UDFA RB J.J. Taylor....get him out in space with some swing passes, let him do the rest

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's revisit this in January. Pat's will have 6 wins.
I've been checked out of football since January, but I don't see a lot of the other teams in the Pats schedule being that difficult. KC, Baltimore, and SF are automatic losses, the Pats would be smart to sit their starters those games, and they'll of course have a late season gut buster against either Miami or Buffalo, so at best I see them at 12-4. High chance the Raiders or Rams beat them, so I figure the Pats can go 10-6 and in the AFC East that's good enough to win the division.

Won't be a 1 or 2 seed, but I have no reason to believe that the Pats went from a potential top seed last year to out of the playoffs the next simply because a 40 something QB who'd been with the team 20 years left.

That said, I really have no interest in watching the Pats this season like in years past. Brady leaving means that era is over and never again will we ever see another team or QB go on to win 6 super bowls in the span of 18 years.

Now, as a Packers fan I had the same feelings when Frvre got traded to the Jets, but at least at that time it was known that Rodgers was his heir apparent and after watching him sit at the draft for 4 hours until he fell into Green Bay's lap, that was enough of a story to want to watch him and he has gone on to be one of the most efficient QB's in history, eclipsing Favre. Unfortunately didn't get to more than one Super Bowl, Packer's defense in the playoffs is a joke, but never did a Packers playoff lose happen because of Rodgers. Same can't be said for Favre.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live by the Favre, die by the Favre. One thing you can't accuse him of is being boring to watch.
He was infuriating to watch at times, but that's exactly what he'd do: throw a pick, then the defense would bail him out, and he'd go back and score a TD to win it at the end of the game. Then there'd be games where Favre would throw 400 yds, 4 TD's and 2INT's and that was back when all QB's were throwing 15 INT's each year.

At least when it came to the playoffs and the Packers would lose, it was usually because they would lose to the team in the Super Bowl or would go to the Super Bowl that year, if not win it (Cowboys, Broncoes, Rams, Giants).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Patriots defense has some holes in it. Asking a lot of Cam right now.
Wilson and the Seahawks were like a 16 cylinder turbo engine at full RPM all night, that's nigh impossible to overcome and when Cam turned it over twice, that's all it takes. That said, the Pats hung in until the end, but by the end of the game all the guys on offense looked absolutely exhausted. With the lack of training in the offseason, it's understandable, but I've never seen football players that tired unless it was a game in Florida in September.

Which, BTW, when I was saying every year at the end of the season the Pats throw up an ugly loss (usually in Miami), with COVID this year all the strip joints and clubs are going to be closed, so the Pats actually stand a decent chance of winning that game. If anything it's going to be the Bills because they are a very good team this year and Josh Allen has improved dramatically over the course of 12 months.

I look at Buffalo, I look at Diggs and Brown, the running game, the defense, and Allen's improvement at QB and I see this team being a force in the AFC for the next decade.

Enjoy the Dildo Mafia.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newton turns the ball over too much, but he can run better than Brady, however the turnovers will always be more costly. I still see the Pats as a Wild Card team this year, but they're not going to win the division with the way the Bills are playing.

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I kinda like watching this team this year.

As for the Bills, well... the Rams apparently decided to show up over there.

mousegunfan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Cam Newton has the China virus.
It's a conspiracy because they were going to lose. So they faked it! Obviously I'm being a smart ass, but this is what WEEI was saying all day yesterday about Trump.

TC McQuade

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
NFL is moving Patriots-Chiefs game to a later date

The NFL announced Saturday it will postpone the New England Patriots’ game against the Kansas City Chiefs which was set to take place this Sunday at 4:25 p.m. Patriots quarterback Cam Newton and Chiefs quarterback Jordan Ta’Amu tested positive for COVID-19, according to multiple reports. For now, the NFL plans to move the game to Tuesday, per ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

1601742021461.png

Last edited:

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Yeah, no.

This is not a long-term solution, NFL. It's Week Four. Already Covid cases are peeking out league-wide more plentifully (if less pleasantly) than Daisy Duke's cheeks. You're facing the prospect of multiple games getting shuffled to multiple days in the hazy future, with no evidence (and plenty of logical counter-evidence) that anything will improve anytime soon.

Continued postponements ain't gonna work. Time to start cancelling, with the team who has a bigger outbreak forfeiting. Sorry, but that's what's probably going to end up happening anyway; better sooner than later. Rip off the band-aid and admit it didn't work. Everything that happens in 2020 is going to have a big ol' asterix next to it, anyway; no biggie.

TLB

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, no.

This is not a long-term solution, NFL. It's Week Four. Already Covid cases are peeking out league-wide more plentifully (if less pleasantly) than Daisy Duke's cheeks. You're facing the prospect of multiple games getting shuffled to multiple days in the hazy future, with no evidence (and plenty of logical counter-evidence) that anything will improve anytime soon.

Continued postponements ain't gonna work. Time to start cancelling, with the team who has a bigger outbreak forfeiting. Sorry, but that's what's probably going to end up happening anyway; better sooner than later. Rip off the band-aid and admit it didn't work. Everything that happens in 2020 is going to have a big ol' asterix next to it, anyway; no biggie.
I have been saying all along no way they finish a complete season. Nothing yet has changed my mind.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Mee Too. I put the over/under on 8 weeks back in August. Shoulda bubbled. Maybe in FL. 3stadiums to play games. 4 if you use Atlanta.

2M, 2Th, Sun nite. Leaving 14 games. Maybe do a set on Sat night. They could have done it.

no planes. Use buses to get the players to-from. I’m sure Disney would have liked another long term house guest.

Top Bottom