2019 Wall of Steel matches

Hi all. My apologies for not posting this sooner but the entry forms for Mini Walls and the main match in August are online at www.wallsofsteel.com

It’s been a busy couple of months with the work we did enlarging the pits and then the Own The Night event with Inforce and then right into the Aiming For Zero march held at Sig Sauer Academy. We’ve been busy.

Anyway, Mini Walls is filling up fast. It was just posted Saturday so make sure you get your spot before they’re all sold out.

See you all at Wallum.

Jim

weather is expecting strong thunderstorms in afternoon. any idea if the 2pm group will get canceled if there is lightning?

Just got back from am shoot, squad 5
Great people, great time as usual.
Thx Walls Of Steel crew!
Hope the rain holds out for pm crowd.

Big thanks to the Wallum Lake Crew for hosting Mini Walls 2019. I shot the match yesterday and had a great time despite the weather. I hadn't been up to that range in over a year, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much work was done to upgrade the pits and heighten the burms. It's a premier place for sure. I hope I can find the time to get back there, it was great to see all the familiar faces and to shoot with a great group of friends. I also noticed they were using electronic scoring. I hope that makes things easier on Jim and his crew. Getting those scores all tallied up was no small chore, that's for sure.

-Cuz

weather held up (actually morning shoot was really nice out)
had a blast like usual....I love this club, they do things right down there :)

on the wallsofsteel.com site under results, all of their matches are listed there. Walls takes a while to post scores though , so we may not see them for a bit

Hello everyone.
I am going to be a little ignorant here, but looking for some advice. I am from Massachusetts and want to come down and participate in your matches. Are there any other Mass residents who can help me out with the rules of tracking across state lines with a pistol?
Thank you.

Hello everyone.
I am going to be a little ignorant here, but looking for some advice. I am from Massachusetts and want to come down and participate in your matches. Are there any other Mass residents who can help me out with the rules of tracking across state lines with a pistol?
Thank you.

there are no problems whatsoever as long as you are legally licensed in your state of origin, I'm in Foxboro, I shoot at Wallum lake anytime I can.

If you want the facts: Chapter 11-47 for the state of RI spells out everything you need to know perfectly clear for any non-residents traveling through or stopping in

Got this yesterday.
Managed to make it down for the last 3 years
Definitely the most fun I've had at an event, and I hope it continues.

"To all the competitors and friends I have met and enjoyed time with throughout the last eighteen years I am writing to inform you that I have stepped down as chairman of the Walls of Steel program. This was a heartbreaking decision but one I believe to be necessary.
It was because of all of you I invested so much of my time and effort into the Walls of Steel program and Wallum Lake Rod & Gun Club in general. In 2006 the groundwork for Walls of Steel commenced. I started construction of the ranges, began manufacturing targets and worked to prepare and collect all the peripheral items and infrastructure required to run a Walls of Steel match.
We held our first Walls of Steel match in 2007, which was an immediate hit, and we have never looked back. As the popularity of the match format grew so too did the Walls of Steel program. Over the next several years Mini Walls and Fall Walls matches were added. In addition, we also put on matches in several other formats such as Pro-Am, practical shotgun, multi gun and PCC and on Sundays we held head-to-head matches when the calendar allowed.
Throughout the years it has been my pleasure to have met so many great people and it was my honor to work alongside the absolute best group of people I know. Their hard work and dedication are what made the Walls of Steel program the success it has become. I don’t know what will happen with the program in the future but if you have any questions please direct them to [email protected].
Thank you all for the friendships, the laughs, the memories and the fun times. Be safe out there and I hope to see you all again... someday, somewhere. Respectfully,
Jim Richardson"

Got this yesterday.
Managed to make it down for the last 3 years
Definitely the most fun I've had at an event, and I hope it continues.

"To all the competitors and friends I have met and enjoyed time with throughout the last eighteen years I am writing to inform you that I have stepped down as chairman of the Walls of Steel program. This was a heartbreaking decision but one I believe to be necessary.
It was because of all of you I invested so much of my time and effort into the Walls of Steel program and Wallum Lake Rod & Gun Club in general. In 2006 the groundwork for Walls of Steel commenced. I started construction of the ranges, began manufacturing targets and worked to prepare and collect all the peripheral items and infrastructure required to run a Walls of Steel match.
We held our first Walls of Steel match in 2007, which was an immediate hit, and we have never looked back. As the popularity of the match format grew so too did the Walls of Steel program. Over the next several years Mini Walls and Fall Walls matches were added. In addition, we also put on matches in several other formats such as Pro-Am, practical shotgun, multi gun and PCC and on Sundays we held head-to-head matches when the calendar allowed.
Throughout the years it has been my pleasure to have met so many great people and it was my honor to work alongside the absolute best group of people I know. Their hard work and dedication are what made the Walls of Steel program the success it has become. I don’t know what will happen with the program in the future but if you have any questions please direct them to [email protected].
Thank you all for the friendships, the laughs, the memories and the fun times. Be safe out there and I hope to see you all again... someday, somewhere. Respectfully,
Jim Richardson"

When I was a member at Wallum, they were heavily invested in action shooting and the Walls of Steel was one of their biggest events per calendar year besides the state trap shoot. I suspect they'll keep on keeping on.

@Kimber45 - Jim thank you for everything you've done! I had a lot of fun at the ~5 or 6 Walls events I've attended and I hope someone else will step up and continue match organization.
I will certainly send an email and voice my support of the Walls matches continuing.

Again Jim, thank you very much for all your time and effort and I wish you good luck!

John

I was surprised when I saw this news. Jim and his merry gang of volunteers always did a bang-up job of running these matches and I know it was a favorite of mine and many of my friends' each year.

Well done gentlemen and thank you for the efforts.

Michael.

Damn.

Last year was the first time I've shot walls. Friends of mine told me about it, and I made it to all three, and actually extended my stay in CT to shoot Fall Walls.

Really enjoyed talking to Jim, and shooting the matches. Nice range, well run matches, just a whole lot of fun.

Hope it's ok to repost this:

"
Ladies and Gentleman, Walls of Steel will go on as usual, here are the dates for the 3 Walls matches:
Mini Walls June 13th and 14th
Walls of Steel August 14th thru August 16th
Fall Walls October 3rd and 4th.
The President of the club has asked me to take over the reigns with Jim's departure. Thank you to all that Jim and his crew have built over the years. With the help of Cody Landry, we will continue to provide an outstanding match with a few changes, including moving all matches to Practiscore as well modifying the divisions. Once we work out all the details, more will be posted. Thank you all for continued support and especially to Jim Richardson. Tim Burdick"

A major "Thank You" Jim, and to the folks who worked with you over the past years. Always good people and matches. Trust all goes well you. You will be missed.
Thank You
Bob

A Huge thank you to Jim and crew for all the years of hard work and dedication. You guys are awesome!
I have been attending matches since 2013. Lots of laughs and great memories.
I am sure the new guys taking over will do a great job, but the bar is set pretty high.
Jim, I wish you the best of luck in whatever your future holds.
Thanks to everyone who has had a part in making these events something to look forward to.
See you all at mini.
Be well.
Dan-o

Back
Top Bottom