2019 Wall of Steel matches

45collector

NES Member
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Only 38 spots left!
I’m trying to recruit some new-to-Walls guys who’ve never shot an event like this before. It’s a tough time right now for sure, with so much craziness and people being out of work.

cjrubes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I may have to try it out this year....I've never been but I've been meaning to for the last few years. I live about 30min away from Burrillville so it'd be an easy drive

chris_1001

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Only 38 spots left!
I’m trying to recruit some new-to-Walls guys who’ve never shot an event like this before. It’s a tough time right now for sure, with so much craziness and people being out of work.
Hey John, just put myself on the list. Hope this happens! Sent the link to the usual suspects.

This will be my 3rd mini walls. Well worth it if you have not yet gone.

Good people and lots of shooting!

45collector

NES Member
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Just registered....Looking forward to it!

I'm a virgin so go easy on me! 😆
Bring at least 200 rounds. Most likely you won’t need nearly that many but you never know. I bring 250 just because. There are no “re-shoots” so once the timer buzzes, you own the stage. If you get a malfunction you must work through it. I bring a spare gun in case of part failures.

Everyone starts from the low ready, muzzle resting on table position. You don’t need to draw from the holster. Throughout the day you can have your gun holstered or cased. It is NEVER loaded until you are instructed to load it. Most reload from mag carriers on the weak hand side, but IIRC you can also just place your mags on the table in front of you. Don’t quote me on that though.

If you fumble a reload and the mag drops to the ground, you don’t try to retrieve it. It’s dead. Grab your next one and move on. If you run out of ammo and there’s still plates standing, that’s it. Figure out where you goofed and shoot better on the next one. ;)

When you’re not shooting you need to help paint and reset plates. If everyone does their part things move along so much quicker and efficiently. Load mags as soon after you shoot as you can, so that you don’t forget and have that “oh shit” moment when you’re up next on the following stage and aren’t prepared.

Of course, have fun, be safe and shoot straight! It’s addicting. You’ll come back for more. :D

cjrubes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks! I'm looking forward to it. I've done a number of smaller steel plate/bowling pin shoots around here so I imagine I'll be able to adapt to Walls of Steel

Top Bottom