2019 Tax Thread

BigTimber

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
It’s pretty hilarious watching the freedom loving patriots posting on this form about how taxation is theft and then seeing the reaction when they learn about somebody who has beaten uncle Sam at his own game. People usually call me welfare queen etc. but that’s out of pure jealousy because they’re the ones that have to go punch in and work today while my time is my own. Oh and so is my money since I don’t pay taxes. Have a good day. Make sure you work hard
Deadbeat says what?

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I’m not arguing. There’s nothing to fall apart because there is no argument. I don’t pay taxes. The government pays me. I can’t wait to file I’ll be collecting about 6-7k from uncle TAXPAYERS this year.
So you are saying that you have 3 qualifying children in your household and somehow manage to max out the EITC of about $6500 for 2019. I have seen this. I did tax returns in Lowell for a season. People wearing hundreds of dollars worth of clothes at a time who managed to max out every year. 2019 if you earn about $55k and have 3 kids, you get this credit.

ETA: as your income goes over the max, your EITC actually will decline for anyone wondering. So if CCW earned $65k he would get LESS in EITC (possibly none, I haven't looked at how fast EITC falls off over $55k).

Last edited:

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Deadbeat says what?
You know, I kind of had the same first reaction. But after looking at how one can max out the EITC - earn $55k/year and have 3 kids and also strongly believing that taxation IS theft. I am ok with this. Why not use the laws to your advantage? All the "elites" do this. They take advantage of all the tax laws that allow them to minimize their taxes. Why not the rest of us? And how many of you who are thinking CCW is a deadbeat are crying over the fact that you can no longer deduct your mortgage interest and property taxes because of the tax changes? Should EITC exist? No. But neither should home mortgage interest deduction or student loan interest deductions exist. But then again, the whole taxation system shouldn't exist as it does.

Roland Deschain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
You know, I kind of had the same first reaction. But after looking at how one can max out the EITC - earn $55k/year and have 3 kids and also strongly believing that taxation IS theft. I am ok with this. Why not use the laws to your advantage? All the "elites" do this. They take advantage of all the tax laws that allow them to minimize their taxes. Why not the rest of us? And how many of you who are thinking CCW is a deadbeat are crying over the fact that you can no longer deduct your mortgage interest and property taxes because of the tax changes? Should EITC exist? No. But neither should home mortgage interest deduction or student loan interest deductions exist. But then again, the whole taxation system shouldn't exist as it does.
Big difference between not paying taxes and stealing what you didn't earn from the government and mooching free healthcare.

This guy is worse than the shitty cops he rails against.

mwalsh9152

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think I used the same kind of thing and got confused as well. I made incremental adjustments this year and cut my return in half. I'll just keep doing that until I get closer
I just realized I got my first "normal" paycheck on Friday, and my Fed is screwed up. It's going to end up with an additional $3500 overpayment at this rate. I think I corrected it. We shall see.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I’m not arguing. There’s nothing to fall apart because there is no argument. I don’t pay taxes. The government pays me. I can’t wait to file I’ll be collecting about 6-7k from uncle this year.
So you're bragging that you don't make a lot of money so you'll get $6-7K OR you are under-reporting your income and bragging about that.

So much for any integrity left on NES. :(

You're the reason we need to get rid of EITC. Because it should be an embarrassment. You should have a one-year temporary tattoo of EITC on your forehead if you get it. The problem with welfare in this country is we don't want people to FEEEL bad.

Small man syndrome has nothing to do with physical size. An example of somebody suffering some small man syndrome would be somebody who:

A. Brags about their physical stature online

or

B: Challenges a complete stranger to a fight because they’re upset over words that have been posted on an online forum.
C. Thinks $7,000 is a crap-ton of money and talks about how he can't wait for his check, yo.

I'm still just baffled someone would open their mouth and share this on a forum. Surely it's still about getting a rise out of people. Years ago there was this guy out of NYC on cigar forums that used to PISS PEOPLE OFF. Now that I think of it, there was another in the upper midwest who was an alleged smoke-jumper and did the same thing. Just come up with outrageous stuff to irritate people. Now that I've processed this, I'm wondering if you are getting an EITC at all or are making the whole thing up to irritate people.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If CCW is in fact gaming the system by the way his income is declared, then I applaud him for that.
In a way, we all try to get as much back as possible using as many deductions as we can.

If CCW is, in fact, a productive member as he says he is, then I have nothing against him.

This leads me to think ... to those people who's wife decided to become a stay at home parent. Wouldnt it be easier to "divorce" each other. Just sign the papers, no lawyers, agree to everything but dont divide anything and call it a day. She would still live with you, but now she has $0.00 income. She could probably get a check every year + Mass Health (Indont know how good it is) and your insurance payments would go down because you are "single". On top of that you have a dependent (your son/daughter).

Once the kid gets older, you can go down to the town hall and re-marry.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Yeah. Give that a whirl.

My youngest/oldest (depending on how you look at it) son lived on welfare his entire childhood. ENTIRE childhood. Dad skipped out at an early age. Mom just doesn't like to work. To this day she don't like to work. They moved so that she could get to a city with a better welfare system. Section 8. Food stamps. mASSHealth.

Is it free??? Yes.

Is it worth it??? No. Not a bit. Get your ass to work. Earn a living. Get good services. Repeat. Tri-Care in the military is 100X better than care he got for "free."

While there ARE welfare moms out there (and clearly I know one), they are few and far between because you get NOTHING else and you are a prisoner of the system.

SKumar

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The way I look at leechers:
-yes they're leeching taxpayer money, but the system ALLOWS it. So logically, he's doing the right thing
-however, it is morally unjust to purposely abuse the system at taxpayers expense (even if it's perfectly legal). That aspect, I have no respect for leechers.

At the end of the day, leechers have a terrible work ethic that bleeds into other areas of their lives. I don't feel sorry for them, because when push comes to shove, they won't make it far.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
If CCW is in fact gaming the system by the way his income is declared, then I applaud him for that.
In a way, we all try to get as much back as possible using as many deductions as we can.

If CCW is, in fact, a productive member as he says he is, then I have nothing against him.

This leads me to think ... to those people who's wife decided to become a stay at home parent. Wouldnt it be easier to "divorce" each other. Just sign the papers, no lawyers, agree to everything but dont divide anything and call it a day. She would still live with you, but now she has $0.00 income. She could probably get a check every year + Mass Health (Indont know how good it is) and your insurance payments would go down because you are "single". On top of that you have a dependent (your son/daughter).

Once the kid gets older, you can go down to the town hall and re-marry.
The only problem with that is that IRS and others check physical address for both parents and children. I know for a fact that the IRS does this. They have caught a lot of people declaring Head of Household to get EITC because "they were not married in the US." Ah, the joys of technology.

Matt2109

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The only problem with that is that IRS and others check physical address for both parents and children. I know for a fact that the IRS does this. They have caught a lot of people declaring Head of Household to get EITC because "they were not married in the US." Ah, the joys of technology.
That is a "joy of technology" cheaters should be caught.

While our very own CCW seems to have figured out how to live off the system W/O paying in he does not seem to be breaking the law (unless there is some undeclared cash involved), just "lucky" enough to be working for family and able to show little income. And, lacking in pride enough to brag about working the system, using free health care and taking handouts, intended for less fortunate.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0

While our very own CCW seems to have figured out how to live off the system W/O paying in he does not seem to be breaking the law (unless there is some undeclared cash involved), just "lucky" enough to be working for family and able to show little income. And, lacking in pride enough to brag about working the system, using free health care and taking handouts, intended for less fortunate.
I must have missed this part.

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Can someone claim head of household while living with the baby mama and baby?

Not married of course......
"To file as head of household, you must: Pay for more than half of the household expenses. Be considered unmarried for the tax year, and. You must have a qualifying child or dependent. "

The baby might be your child biologically but not legally (IRS-wise).

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Can someone claim head of household while living with the baby mama and baby?

Not married of course......
yes. there are rules about which person can claim the kid. I think the highest earner has to claim the kid. It's been years since I did taxes. But you can check on the IRS website. just google it and look for the link you get that's the IRS site.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
"To file as head of household, you must: Pay for more than half of the household expenses. Be considered unmarried for the tax year, and. You must have a qualifying child or dependent. "

The baby might be your child biologically but not legally (IRS-wise).
Explain this part?

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Explain this part?
He may be the father but (as far as I understand the rules) the child has to be a dependent. The following explains it better than I can.

"IRS Qualifying Child Requirements
A child must meet all 6 of these requirements in order to be considered your Qualifying Child."

TrackDayRdr

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IRS bent me over again this year. Capital Gains, so mostly my own fault for investment strategy. At least I saw it coming and prepared. I would have been under a grand in a refund, so I was otherwise doing ok in terms of not lending GOV too much.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0

Making less than a real wage in mASS is NOT living off the system. Either he's broke as F or he's cheating. There isn't middle ground. You can't "work for family" and somehow get benefits that aren't considered income. . . unless they are undeclared and illegal. Although I guess he could start his own religion and make it that way. IIRC, housing is tax-free for clergy-types. So that would shield a reasonable amount.

Top Bottom