• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2019 Ruger MA State IDPA Championship - Limited Spots Still Available

Amputee Marksman

NES Member
Registration for the 22nd Annual Ruger Massachusetts State IDPA Championship held June 8, 9 at Woburn Sportsmen's Club is OPEN!

Saturday is SOLD OUT! Less than 25 spots remaining on Sunday!

Don't wait to sign up or you miss out on this great match.

This is an IDPA Sanctioned Tier 3 match . We are planning 13 exciting and challenging stages including 2 low light indoor stages.

Home | PractiScore

I've only shot one low-light match before. It was outdoors, and absolutely required hand-held or weapon mounted lights. In that match we gave competitors the option of starting from low-ready so that people could attach lights to their rails even if their holsters wouldn't accommodate them. Can you tell me the guidelines for the two low light stages?

I've only shot one low-light match before. It was outdoors, and absolutely required hand-held or weapon mounted lights. In that match we gave competitors the option of starting from low-ready so that people could attach lights to their rails even if their holsters wouldn't accommodate them. Can you tell me the guidelines for the two low light stages?
Having shot a fair amount of sanctioned matches, I can guarantee you that the low light stages will NOT have you start at low ready or allow lights attached to the rails. I don't know all of the IDPA rules but I'm quite sure that's prohibited. The low light stages might have you start with the gun unloaded on a table, in a box, or holstered on your body.

Having shot a fair amount of sanctioned matches, I can guarantee you that the low light stages will NOT have you start at low ready or allow lights attached to the rails. I don't know all of the IDPA rules but I'm quite sure that's prohibited. The low light stages might have you start with the gun unloaded on a table, in a box, or holstered on your body.

Yup.
8.8.4 - Only hand held lights may be used in IDPA competition.

There's an exception for Duty Gear, but they can only be mounted, not used - and that doesn't apply to me.
I see some practice time at the range at dusk coming up...

Back
Top Bottom