2019 Panic Buying

8/08/19: Gun sales surge fueled by first-timers, mostly for ‘concealed’ pistols
.... “While we have seen a measured rise in sale of certain tactical rifles and accessories this week, most customers are looking for concealed carry handguns,” Anderson said.

“Just this week we have fielded hundreds of calls from people that have never purchased a gun before. Our concealed carry training classes are filling up quickly. People are realizing that even a trip to Walmart isn’t safe these days and they want to be able to protect themselves. Remember that nothing stops a lunatic bent on carnage better than a law abiding citizen with a gun. I continue to urge people to get a gun, get trained with that gun, and carry, always,” he added.

I panic bought a Snickers bar today...

Should have bought a Baby Ruth- you'd have more room for laps in the pool.

tTZSwX.gif

The biggest issue I have with this is that (I’m guessing) only a small percentage of people will actually make an attempt to train and learn about what they purchased. Then, in a mass shooting situation, you have multiple people shooting wildly and indiscriminately.

I know how my P365 handles, and how it differs from my G19. I know my P238 requires a different grip than my 45C, etc. I try to go to both my pistol range and skeet field at least once a week for more practice and to make sure everything is operating as it should.

After Sandy Hook I learned my lesson. I won't have to buy during the next panic. I built up quite a stockpile soon after the shelves were full again by shooting only 50% of everything I bought and the rest went on the shelves. When I bought ......half went in the pile for range use and half went on the stockpile shelves. Rinse and repeat.

Once ammo became available after Sandy Hook, I took this approach. However, my formula was 2/3 to the pile and one third to the range. I was caught short on 45, 223, and 22 sv back then. Never again.

BTW anyone guess the number of new shooters who weren’t in the hobby at the time of Sandy Hook? Those folks have most likely never experienced an ammo shortage.

Back
Top Bottom