2019 NES Cast Bullet Seminar Sign Up Thread

I like that idea.
I also though of using more of an outline next year to keep us on topic. Also to give time for the presenters that have most experience in a topic without us walking over each other. We tend to interject a lot. It was the coffee I swear.
Maybe do it like a cooking show, where you have stuffed prepped for each stage, and go to each stage for the visual demo during the outline?

Nice find. Looks to be sturdy too.
Picked one up yesterday. The one they had setup as a display model was not very stable. So after looking it over I could see they had put it together wrong. Anyway, bought one, brought it home and assembled it. Nice unit. I wouldn't put a 1/2 Propane tank pot on it but for anything less it would be a nice unit.

Picked one up yesterday. The one they had setup as a display model was not very stable. So after looking it over I could see they had put it together wrong. Anyway, bought one, brought it home and assembled it. Nice unit. I wouldn't put a 1/2 Propane tank pot on it but for anything less it would be a nice unit.
That’s great for ladle casting big bullets. You have plenty of alloy and plenty of heat. Nice score!

yeah you have to be careful, alot of these are not rated for as much weight we toss on them and especially banging around. They van be easily modified especially if you got scraps and a welder.
Mines going on 10 yrs old and sees the weather everyday. Even the cheap regulator/stainless hose has lasted far longer than I thought it would.
Someday I will do a much better area where I can have a bench and a 30 to 100 lb tank ? the 20lbs loose some mmpphh on the flame as they get low. This requires me finding a 30 or 100 tank for free partially full of course.

Anyone see any decent deals on casting gear yet ?
I really dont have the room for the larger Lyman and RCBS pots but they are PID controlled and after casting with the Lyman 25 with digital control I had much better results from start to finish. Un like the lee that gets hotter as the lead goes down....not a huge deal as I see no real difference down range between shine and frosted bullets.
maybe a good price IDK

Anyone see any decent deals on casting gear yet ?
I really dont have the room for the larger Lyman and RCBS pots but they are PID controlled and after casting with the Lyman 25 with digital control I had much better results from start to finish. Un like the lee that gets hotter as the lead goes down....not a huge deal as I see no real difference down range between shine and frosted bullets.
maybe a good price IDK
MP Moulds is having a 20% off sale right now. Super good deal for one of the best custom molds out there.

yeah you have to be careful, alot of these are not rated for as much weight we toss on them and especially banging around. They van be easily modified especially if you got scraps and a welder.
Mines going on 10 yrs old and sees the weather everyday. Even the cheap regulator/stainless hose has lasted far longer than I thought it would.
Someday I will do a much better area where I can have a bench and a 30 to 100 lb tank ? the 20lbs loose some mmpphh on the flame as they get low. This requires me finding a 30 or 100 tank for free partially full of course.
Pretty much going to use this with a 12 quart dutch oven to melt wheel weights and do some smelting. Then use my Lyman to cast.

What is everyone using for an oven to do Hi-Tek coating? I've seen other posts that Convection is better than just a Toaster oven. I'd like something with two shelves I think.

Super cheap toaster oven and bed,bath&beyond 6x9" silverware trays.
Convection will give better color consistently (color gets darker when over cured)

Bro, they look so pretty.
View attachment 316233

Shot them Wednesday night. I didn’t bother with a target because the range was covered in show. I just plinked at spots in the berm. I’m sure they will be accurate enough for my needs. The best part is the fed amazing through the 1873. Exactly what I purchased it for.

Back
Top Bottom