• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2019 NES Cast Bullet Seminar Sign Up Thread

if you can bring your lead donation tomorrow to OCSA I can bring it with me to the seminar (though not exactly a beginner, I need a refresher before I really get into it this winter)
its in the truck, I been running on Nyquil all week so remind yourself to remind me

76Too has the lead, although his stomach was growling late in the match today and lead tends to be a bit salty to the taste .....he might snack on the way home....

It's still intact, I promise! A little too 'tinny' for raw consumption without condiments.

Everybody say "THANK YOU MAC!"

Attendee list update!

Who needs what for the seminar? We will have most of the normal bases covered but who needs something weird? Who's casting for a Werndl or something that you don't see every day?

What do I need to bring with me? Will I be able to buy any equipment there?
Bring a notebook.
we won’t have equipment for sale but we do encourage everyone to bring reloading tools and items that they want to swap or sell. All local and state laws followed of course.
For equipment I always suggest shootingsupply in Westport. The shop is a stocking lee dealer and has all you need and more to get started at the best prices you’re going to find

What do I need to bring with me? Will I be able to buy any equipment there?
my list is always lacking but these are things you can look for at yard sales/ consignment stores/ local dump/Metal salvage/ Salvation Army/ secound chance stores ect ect

1. Heavy Duty Turkey Fryer---you just need the stand and propane set up. I see them often at yard sales for cheap money. I scored mine with a almost full propane tank for $25 or so.
2. Heavy Welders gloves---I bought mine new. BUT I do see them used from time to time
3. Cast iron pots and pans. Dutch Oven ect. Also keep eyes open for anything to cast ignots with. I have various things I picked up free or cheap. I almost picked up St. Nick Mustache mold today
4. Large metal spoons and laddles---try local used restaurant supply house
5. Muffin pans-heavy duty
6. Free Propane tanks-----I picked up 4 this year some still had gas and I used it up. Then traded in at Walmart Blue rino for $14 each... I know have a decent collection of non expired tanks with gas.
7. Patio blocks--found enough for free to make my small smelting platform for the turkey fryer

thats just a short list

things I bought new
full protective face mask and a respirator I use a half mask with the 3M P100 filters. I also started wearing old cloths that are ready to toss when I do a large smelting run.

my list is always lacking but these are things you can look for at yard sales/ consignment stores/ local dump/Metal salvage/ Salvation Army/ secound chance stores ect ect

1. Heavy Duty Turkey Fryer---you just need the stand and propane set up. I see them often at yard sales for cheap money. I scored mine with a almost full propane tank for $25 or so.
2. Heavy Welders gloves---I bought mine new. BUT I do see them used from time to time
3. Cast iron pots and pans. Dutch Oven ect. Also keep eyes open for anything to cast ignots with. I have various things I picked up free or cheap. I almost picked up St. Nick Mustache mold today
4. Large metal spoons and laddles---try local used restaurant supply house
5. Muffin pans-heavy duty
6. Free Propane tanks-----I picked up 4 this year some still had gas and I used it up. Then traded in at Walmart Blue rino for $14 each... I know have a decent collection of non expired tanks with gas.
7. Patio blocks--found enough for free to make my small smelting platform for the turkey fryer

thats just a short list

things I bought new
full protective face mask and a respirator I use a half mask with the 3M P100 filters. I also started wearing old cloths that are ready to toss when I do a large smelting run.

Holy crap.

Even for a "short list" = that's a big sh*t load of stuff to try to compile last minute + transport.

Woulda been nice for that to have been listed and mentioned in Post # 1.

Holy crap.

Even for a "short list" = that's a big sh*t load of stuff to try to compile last minute + transport.

I went last year. All you need to bring is safety glasses and heavy duty gloves as Michael mentions. All that other stuff, or some variation of it will already be there and set up.

Holy crap.

Yeah none of that is needed. Just the safety glasses and gloves.
He’s just listing stuff you need to get started on the cheap once you’re ready to do it yourself. We will go over all of that at the seminar.

I went last year. All you need to bring is safety glasses and heavy duty gloves as Michael mentions. All that other stuff, or some variation of it will already be there and set up.
Welders gloves are cheaply picked up at Harbor Freight also safety glass.
Yeah none of that is needed. Just the safety glasses and gloves.
He’s just listing stuff you need to get started on the cheap once you’re ready to do it yourself. We will go over all of that at the seminar.

wew ... Thanks for the clarifications.

(fortunately, I do already have glasses and welders gloves)

Last edited:
Holy crap.

Oh no thats not what you need for the class, just giving you ideas for collecting stuff to get into it.
Sorry if I miss understood.
I think for the most part Glasses, gloves and maybe a mask?

I suppose I'm deranged, but I've moved some things on the calendar to be with "The usual suspects" at the bullet casting extravaganza. I do expect Mike and Shawn to be at my Steel Shoot the following Sunday.

I suppose I'm deranged, but I've moved some things on the calendar to be with "The usual suspects" at the bullet casting extravaganza. I do expect Mike and Shawn to be at my Steel Shoot the following Sunday.
That can be arranged.
happy to have you join again!

Back
Top Bottom