• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2019 Fishing Thread

51373578_10216347375749729_1094423710732910592_n.jpg

Neither ice fishing nor conventional in my AO. This was about 3pm Sunday. At noon there wasn't any ice ON the shore. LOL. It's a cool sound. My neighbor took this.

I went out yesterday...nice day (overcast with temps around 32 degrees). Ice was very clear...so you could see the fish coming up to the hole! Fishing was good...9 fish / 13 flags...biggest was around 1 3/4 lbs.... :)

Caught this guy checking a random pond at the last hour of sunlight after a day of fishing. Best fish of the day and a blast to fight. Also got a 2lber 10 min later

Attachments

• 15777FFD-555D-486E-B864-6DD3E10EC527.jpeg
    15777FFD-555D-486E-B864-6DD3E10EC527.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 74
  • E55EBB87-DACD-46AC-B66C-296279756392.jpeg
    E55EBB87-DACD-46AC-B66C-296279756392.jpeg
    174.7 KB · Views: 66
You can tell you are itching for fishing season when. . . .

You've ordered over $100 worth of lures in the last 30 days. Latest were some square-bills and some bigger jerk baits for early season searching. . . assuming I can get my boat in the water.

Just starting getting ready. It will be Spring soon. Pulled out all the fly reels and dressed all the lines, checked my inventory of leaders and leader materials. I know what I have to order. Took apart all the fly reels and made sure they were clean and lubed, and checked all the fly rods, made sure the cork was all cleaned and the rods polished. I sat down at the tying bench and just started tying for the season. I cant wait for the weather to change. "Fish On"

I need to get the motor on the boat serviced and fix the frayed trolling motor cable. Plus restring some reels and make sure I've got everything in order.

I got one of those KastKing reels last November as a goof. Gotta string that up as well and see how she runs this year. I don't have high hopes. I've had great luck with lower end Abu Revo baitcasters and Shimano Stradic spinners. Both very smooth. I'm unlikely to move from either of them for a Chinese knockoff.

Plus I'll need to reorganize my tackle box when this stuff comes in.

Ran down to the Lake on Sat around noon to check on the place. Decided to walk up to the dam(n) and try my hand. It was cool (40-ish) but no wind so I didn't get cold at all. But after 20 min, I realized the folly of my visit. There is still ice in the middle. (Well, there was on Saturday - probably not Sunday, but probably again by Wed am.)

I did see 2 goslings (never knew they had them this early in the season) 2 wood ducks, a pile of "swimmers" and deer tracks in the snow. All in all a good time.

Back
Top Bottom