• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2019 Deer Hunt Prelim numbers

Zone 11 killin it as usual.

I’m really happy to see some meat gained by the paraplegic hunt and would love to read the stories of those kills. Very inspiring I’m sure.

Zone 11 killin it as usual.

I’m really happy to see some meat gained by the paraplegic hunt and would love to read the stories of those kills. Very inspiring I’m sure.
They do a para hunt at fort devens every year.

They do a para hunt at fort devens every year.
As I don’t have any social media save for this forum is there any link to info for that ‘19 Ft. Devans para hunt? Stories or experiences?

As I don’t have any social media save for this forum is there any link to info for that ‘19 Ft. Devans para hunt? Stories or experiences?
Here is the link to the program on mass f and g webpage. They also do one at camp Edwards on the cape.

Here's a story about devens. 26 hunters that year......4 hunters took deer.

Pretty good kill for the amount of acorns and shxt weather we had. But in the eastern part of the state it wasn't as bad and that shows, plus more bowhunting going on there so it wasn't as weather affected.

The two zones I hunt in North Central were probably at average, not really above. Certainly not blockbuster numbers for the amount of open land there is to hunt. But that's just how it is.

Wow. It’s amazing how much higher the archery harvest has gotten in relation to the shotgun harvest. I suppose urbanization/suburbanization is at least partially responsible for that.
I think it also has alot to do with the pain in the ass gun laws. To archery hunt it's just hunter Ed.....buy a bow....buy a license.

I think it also has alot to do with the pain in the ass gun laws. To archery hunt it's just hunter Ed.....buy a bow....buy a license.

its got to do with the tows bylaws in eastern MA. Most of the deer are in the eastern part of the state. You cant discharge a gun unless on a range, at least half those towns.

So bow is the only option. Bow season is also double as long as it used to be, so those numbers should go up.

That and if some guy is backed up to a honey hole of conservation land and wants to illegally shoot the tons of unhunted deer in a small pocket
land between houses, hes not going to choose a 12 gauge and wake up the neighbors. Hes gonna bowhunt.
I think this type of thing happens a lot in eastern ma.

Back
Top Bottom