2019 CMP M1 Garand Clinic and CMP games @ OCSA IS CLOSED SEE YOU IN 2020

Pits would be nice so I can see that .223. Just discovered that what I thought was a batch of 308 is actually 7.5 Swiss I loaded in PPU brass.

easy mistake to make...those rounds look DAMN similar. if it weren't for the differences in the shoulders of the casings, I don't know that i'd be able to tell them apart!

i have shit to do on the house both tomorrow and Saturday since I'm taking Sunday off to shoot, so I'm chootin' the ARborted fetus regardless. I don't even care about my street cred anymore :D

the spaghetti head is going home with two of my rifles on sunday for some overhaulin! come october match, my rifles are gonna be doing the chootin' for me!

My usual MO would be to grab the ammo, toss in locked bag, then discover at match that it was the wrong caliber. Totally forgot I had loaded some 125 SMK's for the K31. I think I'm only about a year away from Depends and a walker. I wonder if there are any nursing homes close to a range. "Mr. Mountain, open up and drink your Ensure. I'm not going to give you your special sponge bath unless you finish your prunes."

My local club has our annual benchrest match coming up weekend after next. I need to load some 7mm BR for my XP100 and maybe some 6.5 Manbun, so I don't need to mess with any more CMP loads and will just shoot the poo-say gun.

One of us needs to beat the Italian Stallion with an AR just to rub it in. IIRC, I won the last MM in June with the Bula, 287-6X. That means I'll do something stupid and tank this time, LOL. I'm sure you know who will be shooting his M1A, as at that last match he was shooting the BM59 and had a little trouble with it.

Sir are you taking your vitamins?

No, forgot my Geritol.

Stupid bag of 7.5 PPU SMK 125's was in back of ammo cabinet, right behind my plastic reloads boxes that I drag to matches. A couple months ago I just took a quick look and assumed it to be 308. If those are the light loads with 2520 powder, I didn't like and will just use them for plinking.

Hope to make this one, depends on if my wife and I make any plans for Sunday.

Put a new CMP stock on my service grade, hoping to preserve the original GI wood from wear. Have to take it to the range and recheck my zero and see how the fit is. If that goes well, I'll bring the m1, otherwise I'll just shoot my Modern Military. Need to get more trigger time in before Vermont SAFS course.

Hope to make this one, depends on if my wife and I make any plans for Sunday.

Put a new CMP stock on my service grade, hoping to preserve the original GI wood from wear. Have to take it to the range and recheck my zero and see how the fit is. If that goes well, I'll bring the m1, otherwise I'll just shoot my Modern Military. Need to get more trigger time in before Vermont SAFS course.
Simple your plans with the wife are for you to go to OCSA!

She doesn't know how bad I shoot. Not wise to inform her that I waste so much money to be so mediocre. ;)

Play the sympathy card- all the other kids are picking on me so I need more experience to get better! LOL, could backfire- probably would with my bride.

Do you have a web sling for your AR? That's what you will use for SAFS, so best to practice with one. Be sure you give your cell number to Rich or one of us for the Franco special evening meals. It's just not fair for you to be able to compete without last night's Chinese buffet trying to punch through your gut.

Sept match was nice to watch.
No idea what the top scores where.
I was late and only made it in time to watch the last relay.
I did get to check my zero’s and test a load so not a complete loss4FA2D675-F0FC-41CB-8A9E-A08DBAFB591C.jpeg C3E99260-A67D-42BB-A83B-2F316EFFB7D9.jpeg 4F3B28B9-423D-4724-ADDC-5AC92FA07286.jpeg 00B0F7E6-3D88-4837-8C39-24F2244A923E.jpeg E90839CB-2BFB-4D34-81A4-4F26E0D48030.jpeg 4FA2D675-F0FC-41CB-8A9E-A08DBAFB591C.jpeg

Attachments

• 992AE03C-15FF-4140-A214-E46EA68086ED.jpeg
    992AE03C-15FF-4140-A214-E46EA68086ED.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 0
Rock ola /GI parts kit rifle put a new stock on (brown rifle) had not a chance to shoot it before today
Shot 1-left high 8,
Shot 2+3 left low 9 adjusted 1 moa right
Shot 4+5 left 10 ring. Another min right
Shot 6+7 bit more centered. Add +2min elevation shot the remaining shots calling that high 9 as I drifted back to my normal center hold.
Slow prone 99/100/1X
05085617-1C7A-4BB3-BCD0-55991E475318.jpeg

Well my personal rifle challenge did not go as planned. I did get to check my zeros and do a 15 shot prone “match”
5 to zero 10 for score.

SAI loaded with red USGI stock with pin repair.
5 sighters low walked it in.
100/6X the 5 shots high I tried center hold again. I could see a tad better with the rear aperture on this rifle. I think its cut cleaner than the GI rear sight on the other rifle

7E60888C-F3B4-422C-8E15-BF3FA8C79164.jpegHold again

Took my ARbomination to the range before a club meeting this week. Figured out why my score tanked in rapids and then offhand. POI shifted almost 3 MOA to the right, happened during rapids. I think front sight shifted, and I will fix and try again once I cook up some loads. Clamp on gas block / front sight combo.

Took my ARbomination to the range before a club meeting this week. Figured out why my score tanked in rapids and then offhand. POI shifted almost 3 MOA to the right, happened during rapids. I think front sight shifted, and I will fix and try again once I cook up some loads. Clamp on gas block / front sight combo.
You can always use loctite 609!
Also if tour gas block is parked or melonite loctite does not like to cure on coated metals. Clean the shit out of the threads. Use the loctite primer and the blue loctite. Should never move by itself again.
If it does that 609 bearing race retainer loctite will hold it!!!! Apply to barrel and gas block.

So I think I will run my N0.4 enfield in the vintage match.
Since I cant seem to find someone to make a Rx lens for my Randolph Ranger LE frames I wont bother shooting a notch rear sighted rifle.
I have the new sights to test out on the Enfield and I might do a little BJ weld work on the rear aperture to get it down to .050" ish

Can anyone come and shoot?

Absolutely! Newcomers / newbs are pretty common and welcomed.

There are club match M1's, ammo available for sale, club mats, shooting jackets, etc. Be there on time for a 'clinic' and you will get some good instruction. If you have your own M1, be sure to have the correct sling for the match. FYI, club rifles prepped by a pro and are tack drivers.

Can anyone come and shoot?
Yes, IIRC club rule is 15yrs old
Other caveat : if range officer feels your unsafe you will be pulled from the line.

The entire premise of the cmp is to get new shooters on the line and learn fundamentals of marksmenship.
So come on down and see how the Nationals look like on a small scale. Learn to shoot a M1, score targets and exchange some friendly banter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom