2019 CMP M1 Garand Clinic and CMP games @ OCSA IS CLOSED SEE YOU IN 2020

Im getting ready to drift my K31 sight. Need 2" correction at 100 yards. I hope to get one last test run out before sunday. K31 is aprox .006"= 1" at 100 yards.
Prepped the brass and hope to load tonight.

Im getting ready to drift my K31 sight. Need 2" correction at 100 yards. I hope to get one last test run out before sunday. K31 is aprox .006"= 1" at 100 yards.
Prepped the brass and hope to load tonight.

A sight tool sure would be handy...

Doing a LOT of projects around the house but took a couple hours to check the M1 w/ some ammo I had plus center the K31 windage.

Used a relatively light tack hammer with the punch and got the K31 nicely centered.

OM1wmCal.jpg

No idea how I shot that 10 in the black- maybe flinched. All shots should have been oriented to the 'ghost' rings. GP11. Might be hitting a little high for 200- we'll see.

If I have time and enough brass I may load up some 54R and try the M39.

Doing a LOT of projects around the house but took a couple hours to check the M1 w/ some ammo I had plus center the K31 windage.

Used a relatively light tack hammer with the punch and got the K31 nicely centered.

OM1wmCal.jpg

No idea how I shot that 10 in the black- maybe flinched. All shots should have been oriented to the 'ghost' rings. GP11. Might be hitting a little high for 200- we'll see.

Nice I snuck out with 5 rounds for a quick k31 windage check after adjustment. Im going to give it another .008" drift and then it should be dead on or favoring the left a tad. i tend to drift to the right .
My 155 nosler with 40.5 grains of H4895 shoot POA at 100 yards so my 200 setting should do well enough.
Now it just depends on the eyes and light come sunday.
If I can see well it will be a center hold if not I will need to bring the rear sight up to 300 and see what happens.

OM1wmCal.jpg

What ammo? POA ? And what setting on the rear leaf at 100 yards
When I had GP11 on rear sight 100 setting at 200 yards center hold my impacts where low 10s high 9s at 6oc.
200 put my center.
Problem now even with the wider front sight center hold is tough so I will need to hold under. I think I have one wider sight thats shorter not messing with that right now. As long as my eyes are doing well sunday center hold will work if not I will adjust as needed.
Remeber your standard come ups work with the sights too...
"Roughly" 100-200 is aprox 2moa change, 200-300 aprox 3 ectect.

Last edited:
What ammo?

GP11, right out of the little cig cartons it comes in.

However, that sh!t is getting to be unobtanium. Guess I have to start buying / shooting PPU for the brass or just buy some brass. The problem is that the projectiles are essentially like the modern day ELD's / super high ballistic coefficient stuff, as in $$$$.

Wish Ruag would make a huge run and export a few containers to the US.

Last edited:
There seems to be a new shipment of K31s coming in along with some target models? Maybe a container or 2 of GP11 will follow?
I think the problem is many are still shooting GP11 over there so its not as surplus as say 308 from africa ?
So far nosler 155s and 168s have done me well you just have to seat them shorter as the throat is very short on the K31......like very short just past the out side of the case neck. Its so close I could see getting into trouble with cases a smidge past max case length.

Roll call. Who's coming on Sunday?

Shooting 155's in the M1 and as mentioned GP11 in the K31. Decided to save the 54R I have to sight in the Mosin Sniper at distance.

In
m1 with 77/78 HXP - im bringing a pencil this week ---my target is not going to come up short o_O i figure i shorted myself on the off hand or crossfired last match?
k31 155 noslers with H4895 right around 2500fps. Someday i will crony my loads.

the way I feel now and how tbe few little test session s went i will be happy if all my shots are in the black for prone and score my average in off hand with either rifle.

Playing with the EyePal thing.
It works pretty good . I tried making my own but could not get a clean cut on the hole. My only issue is its a bit hard to pick up the sights and target quickly.
Again my Rx lens still is not in. Next week sometime .... no one else seems anle to make me a lens for my RE Rangers.

Playing with the EyePal thing.
It works pretty good . I tried making my own but could not get a clean cut on the hole. My only issue is its a bit hard to pick up the sights and target quickly.
Again my Rx lens still is not in. Next week sometime .... no one else seems anle to make me a lens for my RE Rangers.

But will it make it easy to pick up someone else's target quickly? [devil]

But will it make it easy to pick up someone else's target quickly? [devil]
In going to request to be between you and franco.
When franco cross fires he generally tosses a 10! So I should come out even if I send one your way.
Pits are coming along , from what I heard waiting on a cement pour. ? Line is opened up already.

In going to request to be between you and franco.
When franco cross fires he generally tosses a 10! So I should come out even if I send one your way.
Pits are coming along , from what I heard waiting on a cement pour. ? Line is opened up already.

Does that mean that we will have someone to pull targets? Harder for me to collect your 10's that way, LOL.

No pits, Just extended the firing line so far.
Between rain and finding new contractor things are behind
I will bring my calibrated 30cal poker.

i also drqnk 2 beers tonight so Im going to be a tad rough come AM

Last edited:
Nice turn out and good spread of bolt guns.
I had a bad day , especially with the K31.
Completely boggled the reload on rapids.

There where some really good scores posted and when I left it looked like a offhand race to take the gold.

Garands shot well also
I shot my average 264/300

274-5X Garand, not bad for me. Franco 280, Greg (?) ~278, and David H 274-6X. No trinkets for me. Franco's total in offhand had shorted him 4 points which was later corrected.

Also had a little trouble with the K31. Shot way high, made an adjustment that went too low, then tried center hold. Wasn't a total loss until I missed a couple in awfulhand. Don't know the winning scores for vintage.

Really nice weather- I was expecting to be much hotter. Also with the new widened line the match moved faster. I only hit a little Cape traffic on 495 then sailed the rest of the way home.

Im running a 50/50 chance of being at the next match.
Will be my rescued 1903a3 with C stock.
Im going to take a chance on ammo. Leaving the known 10 ring cast at home and will load up some BTHP . Going to try a few different loads. Prepping brass today.

Not sure I’ll make it. ~20% chance. If I do, 168 Match Monster blems + Varget for the Garand or maybe just 65 HXP ammo. 155’s +Varget for the ‘03. I have enough Varget for the next three or four seasons.

IF I show up I will be shooting my 1903a3 that I have been shooting cast loads in for years. This will be the first time I have run Jacketed ammo in this rifle for a long time. I ran out and did a quick Zero check and it shoots a tad high with jacketed ammo/ Running the Nosler 155s with 46 grains of H4895 for around 2600fps . I cant tell these days if its the load or my eyes but looks like 10 ring capable so good enough!
XSljSDtm.jpg

First shot went high? then it settled in ....under 3moa good for my eyes lately!

IF I show up I will be shooting my 1903a3 that I have been shooting cast loads in for years. This will be the first time I have run Jacketed ammo in this rifle for a long time. I ran out and did a quick Zero check and it shoots a tad high with jacketed ammo/ Running the Nosler 155s with 46 grains of H4895 for around 2600fps . I cant tell these days if its the load or my eyes but looks like 10 ring capable so good enough!
XSljSDtm.jpg

First shot went high? then it settled in ....under 3moa good for my eyes lately!

Sure would be nice to have pit service. Us old farts lose the holes once they go into the black. Guessing it will be ready for the next MM? I'd bring AR-bomination for that if yes. Otherwise can't see the holes. Fat chance I'll beat my last MM with the Bula, 287-6X, but worth a shot.

LOL just loaded some of the Match Monster (generic Nosler CC's) 155's for the M1. Going to try them slightly hotter to see how well they settle in. I'll know tomorrow- planning a quick range trip to test. My eyes will suck since I just got home last night and am recovering from the jet lag. I might have some 155's already loaded for the '03.

Someone who hasn't shown up in a while [wink] offered to drive, so I'll do my best to make the match on Sunday. Heading overseas again on Monday so it's possible I might need to take care of sh!t at home instead of going to the match.

cool, hope i get there also. Goingto give me rear sight a few clicks right and use a center hold (if I can see well enough) and hope im centered in the black...

One of the matches this season I could have closed my eyes and scored just as high. Crappy eye day. Hopefully good next week if I make it.

Seems that the cheap 155's tighten up a bit with a little more juice. First shot went very high- brass was pretty beat up on that case, plus I had just cleaned the chamber and bore:

nDJNVGVl.jpg

First shot brass ejected at 1:00, next four at 4:00 as did the next ten shots. Guess I don't have to pitch those cheap bullets. Rest of my shots weren't as nice as the last four, but still GTG for the match.

Seems that the cheap 155's tighten up a bit with a little more juice. First shot went very high- brass was pretty beat up on that case, plus I had just cleaned the chamber and bore:

nDJNVGVl.jpg

First shot brass ejected at 1:00, next four at 4:00 as did the next ten shots. Guess I don't have to pitch those cheap bullets. Rest of my shots weren't as nice as the last four, but still GTG for the match.
Which rifle/barrel?
The 155s "palma" bullets , I think thats where the 155s came from? Seem to like to be pushed. Seems like 2600 fps is a zone that covers alot of ground from 110-175s

Which rifle/barrel?
The 155s "palma" bullets , I think thats where the 155s came from? Seem to like to be pushed. Seems like 2600 fps is a zone that covers alot of ground from 110-175s

Franco Special, 1:12 Krieger barrel. Match Monster / blem Nosler CC's. Varget. Pushing them a bit harder than 2700.

Back
Top Bottom