2019 CMP M1 Garand Clinic and CMP games @ OCSA IS CLOSED SEE YOU IN 2020

@mac1911 Reading XTC is 18th Saturday and I think OCSA is 19th
Going to reading on sat 11th league shoot
I wont make OCSA May
I will be back at reading for the MA state champs

Been a while since I shot XTC and I dont really get to pick my days, pembroke cmp has just been working out past few years as far as scheduling goes.

Mac, you are out this match?

DW you in?

Bringing the Franco built M1, shooting factory Creedmoor. Also shooting the '03 NM with 155 SMK's over Varget. Finished loading those this morning with my first cup of Joe.

Was trying to find local stock of a flywheel for the 25hp Kohler engine on my Cub Cadet lawn tractor. Yeah, right- "I can order that...". Great, so can I and I'll get it faster, cheaper, and delivered to my door. Grass is getting out of control & I'm starting to see things in it:

510122540.jpg

No big deal, as you can see the lawn is still partly flooded from all the G-D rain. Maybe I can get the part before I go to Germany on Tuesday. Still coming to the match tomorrow. Overgrown grass might the the one single thing the Mrs. doesn't bitch about.

Posting this here too since it gets more traffic, from what time to what time is the first round match? I have to run to NH later so I’m hoping to swing by round 1.

Posting this here too since it gets more traffic, from what time to what time is the first round match? I have to run to NH later so I’m hoping to swing by round 1.
Match starts at 10am turn out and flow of match is unknown. Last match we where pretty much done by 1pm

Was trying to find local stock of a flywheel for the 25hp Kohler engine on my Cub Cadet lawn tractor. Yeah, right- "I can order that...". Great, so can I and I'll get it faster, cheaper, and delivered to my door. Grass is getting out of control & I'm starting to see things in it:

510122540.jpg

No big deal, as you can see the lawn is still partly flooded from all the G-D rain. Maybe I can get the part before I go to Germany on Tuesday. Still coming to the match tomorrow. Overgrown grass might the the one single thing the Mrs. doesn't bitch about.
Im out , twins 1st Com. And party to follow.

In Garand Franco shot a 279 for the gold, Dave H a 278. I forget who shot 3rd, I did so-so at 267 for 4th. Actually had a decent offhand but botched rapids with a jam followed by rushed shots.

I think there were some pretty good scores in Springfield- I'm sure 1st is going to be something close to 280. Rich and Franco were shooting last so I don't know how they did. Got dark for a while and I couldn't see my shots in the black and also was losing the tip of the super thin front sight thus has about 6 moa of vertical stringing. New fat front sight just became a priority.

All in all the usual nice day to make excuses why I didn't shoot better, though it was a little breezy at times. If you shoot there before the next rain, stay out of the weeds. Franco sprayed them with Agent Orange and Paraquat.

edit-

Laura shot a Springfield for the first time today and embarrassed a few of us. Kudos to her for doing so well despite being a little concerned about the kick before she shot it. Didn't hear any complaints after the match either.

Last edited:
Nice to see everyone. Mountain, I remember seeing a 275 in the Garand pile, forget who, but that may have been 3rd.

I only shot the 1903 match and posted a 281.
Nice , I may have to stop shooting the cast loads in the 03a3 and work up a nice solid 155 load maybe some 125/130 laser beams to keep up with those scores... Im stuck in tbe 265- 75 range with the springfield. Although its the most consistent gun I score with. I took gold with a 278 while back but that was a really nice day.

Nice , I may have to stop shooting the cast loads in the 03a3 and work up a nice solid 155 load maybe some 125/130 laser beams to keep up with those scores... Im stuck in tbe 265- 75 range with the springfield. Although its the most consistent gun I score with. I took gold with a 278 while back but that was a really nice day.

I think my record with the '03 is 283. Had some other decent scores, but shot like crap at this match. 125's might be interesting- I was thinking about loading some for a 300 BLK build and then trying some in the '03 and/or Bula.

Have to look and see what is the next sub match. If MM, I have some nice loads for the Bula. Didn't shoot it at Vermont because it was bumped to UMM due to the NM front sight. So now that's OK this year? I've heard there's a significant difference for the CMP inspections, depending upon the inspector. I know the guy to avoid...

I think my record with the '03 is 283. Had some other decent scores, but shot like crap at this match. 125's might be interesting- I was thinking about loading some for a 300 BLK build and then trying some in the '03 and/or Bula.

Have to look and see what is the next sub match. If MM, I have some nice loads for the Bula. Didn't shoot it at Vermont because it was bumped to UMM due to the NM front sight. So now that's OK this year? I've heard there's a significant difference for the CMP inspections, depending upon the inspector. I know the guy to avoid...
It is MM
I may bring
AR and Rock Ola build
Rock Ola and SAI ---i have wood stocks for both. A little head to head.
Or I might just bring some odd ball UMM shit?

What, can't make it to your own backyard for a match? :D

Painted the Bula hand guard. It looks much more brown than it does in this pic:

viPVZZRh.jpg

Anyway, before the paint job it was shiny like a mirror. Pretty much no glare now.

Shooting fancy 155 TMK's over Varget in the Bula, HXP '65 in the CMP Special.

viPVZZRh.jpg

Anyway, before the paint job it was shiny like a mirror. Pretty much no glare now.

You would think being with in 20min or so of 4-5 clubs i could get to the range more often! Yeah sunday is a rescheduled play off game for daughter #1, daughter #2 has a game at one that my wife seems she should go to broken arm and all! Plus some other BS filling in the gaps!
Always on a match day.

viPVZZRh.jpg

looks alot like mine, what did you use.

You would think being with in 20min or so of 4-5 clubs i could get to the range more often! Yeah sunday is a rescheduled play off game for daughter #1, daughter #2 has a game at one that my wife seems she should go to broken arm and all! Plus some other BS filling in the gaps!
Always on a match day.

Sure the timing could be better but they grow up quickly . Of course by then you will be an old F like me...

June 2019 Another Fine match
M1
Gold 285
Silver 279
Bronze 276

Modern Military - strong M1a showing.
Gold 287
Silver 277
Bronze 274

Does anyone know how the Mosin Shooters did. Curious to see how they did shooting blind with old ammo.

Last edited:
JULY 7th match is M1 Clinic and Vintage Military aka Bolt Action service rifles.

i will be shooting a K98 with some "match loads"

I think high Mosin Score might have been 250’s or 260’s. Franco surprised no duds from ammo made ~1944.

June 2019 Another Fine match
M1
Gold 285
Silver 279
Bronze 276

Gold 287 - M1A
Silver 277 - BM59
Bronze 274 - AR15

Does anyone know how the Mosin Shooters did. Curious to see how they did shooting blind with old ammo.

Gold 287 - M1A
Silver 277 - BM59
Bronze 274 - AR15

Lots of M1A's just outside the trinket zone.

Back
Top Bottom