2019 CMP M1 Garand Clinic and CMP games @ OCSA IS CLOSED SEE YOU IN 2020

Great day for a match today!
Very good turn out with a lot of new faces, always a plus!
I think everyone did well and found the targets!

Sorry im awful with names,
A "noob" to the M1 set the bar high for himself by getting a trinket the first time out, good job and hope it keeps you coming back.
The new pits where not ready yet as the weather has had its way against us. The format was a tad different also but I actually liked it vs walk and paste.

We had 24 scores turned in with several folks shooting both matches.
Hope to see you all at the up coming events!

Great day for a match today!
Very good turn out with a lot of new faces, always a plus!
I think everyone did well and found the targets!

Sorry im awful with names,
A "noob" to the M1 set the bar high for himself by getting a trinket the first time out, good job and hope it keeps you coming back.
The new pits where not ready yet as the weather has had its way against us. The format was a tad different also but I actually liked it vs walk and paste.

We had 24 scores turned in with several folks shooting both matches.
Hope to see you all at the up coming events!

Nice! Great to have the growing turnout.

What were the top scores for M1 and MM?

103 degrees for me today in India.

Nice! Great to have the growing turnout.

What were the top scores for M1 and MM?

103 degrees for me today in India.
I think 278 was the top score for M1 and 275 for MM?
I was struggling with the M1 finding zero (this rifle has decided to give me fits last few matches) as always with no pit work by the time I finally picked up the holes i already dropped several points.
i had a ammo malfunction with M1a lost 10 right there. I did how ever shoot a bit better with the M1a and kept them all in the black except the 1 saved round and a 8.

Can anyone tell me what the 2nd match is on June?
I finished tung oiling my match M1 this past weekend and might get to the June match since I'm kind of booked before then with Appleseed and pistol stuff.

Hoping it's vintage, I'd like to try my Lee-Enfield, K98, or the Eddystone.

It was a good experience to shoot at 200 yards for the first time. Strangely enough, I shot about 40 points better with my M1 than my AR. Still have some more work to do, but I'll be back for sure.

Pembroke is a very nice club, wish it weren't so far away!

It was a good experience to shoot at 200 yards for the first time. Strangely enough, I shot about 40 points better with my M1 than my AR. Still have some more work to do, but I'll be back for sure.

Pembroke is a very nice club, wish it weren't so far away!
your avitar says south shore? How far can you be, lol

your avitar says south shore? How far can you be, lol

Norwood. Far enough that if I'm going to make the drive, I'm heading to Harvard :D.

BR&P is pretty convenient as I work in Weymouth and it's right around the corner from my gym, so I'm often in the neighborhood anyway.

Norwood. Far enough that if I'm going to make the drive, I'm heading to Harvard :D.

BR&P is pretty convenient as I work in Weymouth and it's right around the corner from my gym, so I'm often in the neighborhood anyway.
If I afford babysitters for 8-10hrs i would be going all over for matches.
Love to get up to NH. Im heading to Reading next month for a XTC service rifle match

Are optics allowed in or out of competition?

The $13 covers both matches and still time after to shoot your non-cmp compliants afterward?

Teach them how to score targets, and I’ll make sure the new pit has WiFi.
Im all for running the pits , I could be pit boss!
Funny thing , first time i shot service rifle at 2/3/600 yards i was more nervous about pulling targets.

Are optics allowed in or out of competition?

The $13 covers both matches and still time after to shoot your non-cmp compliants afterward?

its $13 per entry - I honestly dont know how many times by the rules you can shoot? BUT
As long as there is time and space you shoot as many times as your wallet lets you.

optics will put you in the Unlimitted Modern Mil class. Im not sure if pembroke or other small clubs will have a UMM .
I think there needs to be 4 shooters to make a "match" of the same class.

as mentioned bring your non compliant rifles. As long as there is time and space most if not all clubs will get you on the line.
The intention of these clinics and matches is to get you shooting. If you like the format you will eventually will end up with a "rules" ready rifle..
For example one shooter on sunday shot his 1903a3 for practice as he and others are venturing down to CMP Eastern Games at Camp Butner.

Plus theres usually someone hanging around long enough after a match if you wanted to shoot at 200. If I am not in a rush ( im generally always in a rush) I will h ang around and help , spot , pull targets for anyone wanting to shoot more .

It was .464 cal.
i know a gent who goes out to Friendship Indiana for the big black powder match. These guns are generally there along with every type of black powder / front stuffers you can think of. He shoots traditional long poles at steel chickens and such

OCSA allow 50 BMG? I could provide some post match entertainment. Earplugs + headphones recommend, and even nose plugs are a good idea.

OCSA allow 50 BMG? I could provide some post match entertainment. Earplugs + headphones recommend, and even nose plugs are a good idea.

Ok I need to be there for that.

Also, if therte is anyone that could bring an m14 handguard clip pliers for next match, id be eternally grateful. My wood handguard (had to do it) has no clearance with the stock, and ive been hearing I should be providing some there. Hopefully I can remove, sand and reattach right there.

Ok I need to be there for that.

Also, if therte is anyone that could bring an m14 handguard clip pliers for next match, id be eternally grateful. My wood handguard (had to do it) has no clearance with the stock, and ive been hearing I should be providing some there. Hopefully I can remove, sand and reattach right there.
im sure someone can help. The pliers are more for removing the retainer from the wood itself.

Can anyone tell me what the 2nd match is on June?
I finished tung oiling my match M1 this past weekend and might get to the June match since I'm kind of booked before then with Appleseed and pistol stuff.

Hoping it's vintage, I'd like to try my Lee-Enfield, K98, or the Eddystone.
June will be Modern Military
theres no reason why you cant shoot your "other rifles" out of competition.

This is how I remove and reinstall a Garand HG clip, M14 should be the same.

Take 2 lengths of strong wire and wire them through the holes on the HG clip. Attach one end of the wire to your bench or something that won't move. The other wrapped around a piece of wood or a vice grip, etc. Pull, and then twist the HG - the clip should come out.
That worked perfectly, thanks.

Who's coming to the next OCSA match? Shooting Springfield?

Better go check my ammo situation. I was busy well into April which is my usual buckle down and reload time. I only shoot my Varget reloads in the '03 and prefer to bring the Franco Special M1, which also only gets either Creedmoor ammo or Varget reloads. I can always shoot HXP in my CMP Special. I have some older HXP and it's pretty decent for accuracy. Looks like I won't have time to install the fat front sight on my '03- I'll be overseas until a couple days before the match.

I'm thinking I might make the trip in July; shoot the M1 match and bring either the Eddystone, Lee-Enfield or K98 for the Vintage match.

I have a friend who said he'd come shoot, too, he'd need a club loaner M1 (unless he wants to borrow my service grade).

Who's coming to the next OCSA match? Shooting Springfield?

Better go check my ammo situation. I was busy well into April which is my usual buckle down and reload time. I only shoot my Varget reloads in the '03 and prefer to bring the Franco Special M1, which also only gets either Creedmoor ammo or Varget reloads. I can always shoot HXP in my CMP Special. I have some older HXP and it's pretty decent for accuracy. Looks like I won't have time to install the fat front sight on my '03- I'll be overseas until a couple days before the match.
IF i where to go for the MAY match i would be shooting 1903a3 with my F'n Cheap mouse fart loads. I will be bus y that day so im heading to reading to stretch my legs its been a while since I shot 200/300/600

Back
Top Bottom